What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

The Georgia National Fair started yesterday. I am helping out at a booth for a few days, and got to go yesterday. I'll be going back tomorrow, that ought to be fun on a weekend. I had a blast yesterday. We are selling things at this booth, but I am volunteering. I love doing things like this, but for some reason my husband is giving me a real hard time about it. He doesn't understand why I would want to go do something like that. Neither does my sister, and my mom to an extent. Guess it is a little odd, it's 1 1/2 hours away, and I am actually taking some days of work to go, but it's something I enjoy. So they can just get over it! :)

Sooo... Off I go to the fair!

How's your settling in going Holly?...
We left Weds to go back for another load of boxed up stuff (we have about two more trips' worth of stuff to box up plus some stuff we need to borrow our friends' utility trailer for, plus all my mini & craft stuff). We somehow made good time (we set the cruise control on or under the speed limit and point) and spent Weds afternoon getting all our errands run.

Thursday we had the foundation contractor out to gather info to give us an e$timate and spent the rest of the day boxing up stuff and loading it in the truck. Originally we thought to come home today, but by Thurs PM we'd filled the truck, except for cooler-sized holes, so I emptied most of the fridge yesterday AM and we came back, arriving in tome to hop out of the truck & into my car and tool over to Weeks' Bay for their fall native plant sale. I now have two evergreens, two yellow native azaleas and another flowering shrub to start replacing the plants the former residents took.

I boxed up some items from my workroom so I can begin repairing the furniture that suffered in the move. Next trip I'll bring the Testor's, as one of DH's N-scale warehouses had some walls come apart.

Yesterday cleaned my "junk room" (condo has no basement or garage, so...) and found my old X-acto hand-saw :idiot: but not the mitre box :angry: plus unused blades and my old Dremel tool from Montgomery Wards!:banana: Threw out some old paint and cleaned up the ewww that had oozed out of one of the cans. Went through some bins in the closet to assess inventory of sandpaper, brushes, glue and whatnot. Found a sweet little blue clamp that I think I last used on a Realife kitchen kit long since gone. Today explored a bit to visit Ernie's Attic and a Hobby Lobby in Dunwoody, with partner navigating. I was psyched, ready to use a 40% off coupon to buy an Orchid kit at the Hobby Lobby, but they only had one sad carton that had loose pieces scattered around it; used coupon for some paint instead. Told the person at Ernie's that I bought my Trailer kit from HBS via Amazon and she said I could get anything in their catalog and pick it up there rather than pay shipping; found a 35% off coupon on Miniatures.com's Facebook page so I'll probably hold onto that for a while and see what I feel like when the trailer project is finishing up. Bought a few other trifles including some Lisa Frank party favors at Dollar Tree (if I were the type of guy that might ever go "squeee!" then this is when I might do that, but I don't, so I won't, okay?):whistle: My partner used a different coupon to get us some more goldfish and cat litter at Pet Supermarket. We went home and after dinner streamed Battlestar Galactica on the Wii.

Hi everyone - greetings from Colonial Williamsburg, VA! Can't decide what to be happy about -- that the wedding is over (yay!) or that now the wedding DIY/planning is over, I can get back to the minis (double yay!).

Still on my honeymoon with Bryan, but already made a checklist of things I need to work on. Can't wait to get started (once I clear the living room of the wedding stuff that is -- I need my workshop back!!!)

Oooh, would love to see pictures! I'm guessing your profile pic is you on your wedding day? Lovely. Hope you're enjoying some relaxing on your honeymoon to recover from busy wedding preparation and to get energy up for the tidying/miniing when you get home!

I myself am trying to find energy today. Done some grass sewing in the garden, and watered it all in. Now gotta work on the dining room. It is hard to get going because 2/3 of the stuff in there is hobby stuff which will go into the garage eventually. Got an independent 'architectural consultant'/builder coming tomorrow afternoon, and think if he can do the work at a reasonable price we'll wait on moving the stuff into the garage. If not, I think we'll move it while we save our pennies. But in the meantime I'll tidy it up a bit I think. We've got friends coming to play games tomorrow evening and it'd be nice for it to be a bit more organised than last time they came.

But busy watching 'Escape to the Country' at the moment - watching program about pretty houses which I can't move into :p.

But busy watching 'Escape to the Country' at the moment - watching program about pretty houses which I can't move into :p.

And yet --- fully justified as research for future mini builds. :thumb:

Welcome back Daphne! Congratulations! And your avatar pic is beautiful, can't wait to see more!

Ken, wasn't Ernie's Attic great? I went on it's opening day, and had a blast. Everyone there was so super nice. I was trying to figure out a way to go back this weekend, so far haven't been able to pull it off. Not that I need any more stuff right now anyway...

I am supposed to work at the Ga Fair again tomorrow (this will make the 4th day so far!), but if everyone shows up to volunteer that is on the schedule, then I may skip or go later (I'm in charge of the volunteers for our booth so I can do that!). If that happens, I may make a small road trip to Ernie's... :)

Well these past few weeks have been chaotic to say the least. Started having car trouble weekend just before I did a transport run for my dog rescue and car went to repair shop this past week. The list of repairs needed now make it necessary to get serious about replacing it. Think we have found a great possible replacement on line. Will check it out more throughly earlr this next week.Broke out in an attack of shingles early Tuesday and have been out of it pretty much ever since. Heading back to bed and pain killers.I do check in from time to time but not much energy!

We got back with another load of stuff a week ago Friday, in time to attend a native plant sale at the Weeks Bay wildlife center, and spent last Sunday AM setting out the new plants plus some of the scarlet basil volunteers growing all over the woodsy part of our yard. A bulb plant that had been missed when all the landscape plants that had been here were being removed has been dividing like gangbusters, and was in the wrong place for our purposes, so DH dug it up and I divided it and moved it to a more attractive location, where it joined some other orphaned bulb plants around a pair of trees. Everyone seems happy with their new home, as after two days of watering they all still had their leaves/ buds/ blossoms, and after a full week they're still going at it.

Yesterday we started out with the bike & trike to check out the bike trail in Robertsdale, AL, where our post office is; but first we stopped to check out a yard sale, and then another... We wound up not riding, but we found a farmer's market and I have the ingrdients to make Moosewood's stuffed eggplant.

Packing up the real house in prep for moving over to Helena come spring. Due to health reasons we no longer can live here. It's just too much snow, too much cold, too many stairs for Doug.

Oh Wolfie, so sorry to hear that but you do what you gotta do. I hope you are able to find as beautiful a place as your old one and the new place is much better for Doug. Hope you find one that is goog for you as well!

Oh Wolfie, so sorry to hear that but you do what you gotta do. I hope you are able to find as beautiful a place as your old one and the new place is much better for Doug. Hope you find one that is good for you as well!

In Helena, won't Doug be a lot closer to the VA and medical facilities? Part of the reason for our moving this year was that DH has been really bothered by how far, timewise, we were from medical help in the event of my pacemaker pooping out.

Daphne ... wedding photos? Please share! :D

Hopefully this works -- still waiting on the wedding photographer to get the items online for viewing. But made a small album based on photos family and friends submitted to me at the time (though I got 6 envelopes with CDs full of photos to wade through)! If this doesn't work let me know!

https://picasaweb.google.com/106790477482269468988/BassiKeohaneWeddingMountVernonVA?authuser=0&feat=directlink

In the meantime, am back at the office wading through hundreds of emails. Guess the good news would be that it'll take me the rest of the week to get through them all...downside is that I'm NOT looking forward to reading each and everyone one of them! :no:

-Haven't been logging in too much lately - just lurking.

-Still fussing with some recovery issues and getting used to the grands new Fall schedules.

-Mini's are only in my mind and on paper right now. Had to pack up my work "table" (really just some odd height sawhorses with a bunch of scrap wood stacked on to level them somewhat.) It's where I work in the summer months - too cold in the winter unless I can convince DH to get me an adequate heater. We needed the areas so our handyman could do some necessary repairs for us.

-Side benefit is that my handyman was thoroughly disgusted with my sawhorse arrangement and has built me a 4'x8' table with a full shelf underneath to store my saws and sanders,etc. Plus it has locking casters to boot. I should be able to have my space back in a couple weeks (pray for a heater to magically appear cuz it's mighty nippy already in my neck of the woods.)

-The grands did really well at the county fair this year. Out of the 21 entries they had, they (5 kiddos) received 17 placing ribbons. It was alot of work but well worth it.

-We've been racing from one soccer game to another. All 5 are on different teams !!!

-Hope to complete, before Thanksgiving, our remodel of the downstairs bathroom to install a new shower with a built in seat to make it easier for my knees. Giving away my dining room set and a china cupboard since we don't use them much anymore. My dd has a spanking new dining room waiting for them.

:( nSorry to hear you need to move from your beautiful home Wolfie, but I sure that a beautiful place awaits you. When you and Doug feel more secure in your new place, your creativity will be refreshed too.

-Well time to start a pot of soup for supper and begin the watch for the school bus.

Packing up the real house in prep for moving over to Helena come spring. Due to health reasons we no longer can live here. It's just too much snow, too much cold, too many stairs for Doug.

I'm sorry to hear this Wolfie -- from the posts I've read, where you are now is gorgeous. But hopefully, the move will be for the best for both of you! Also sending lots of mental hugs and cheers to you!

Daphne, you and the hubs are one gorgeous couple!

We ran some more necessary errands today, getting set up with a new family doctor. The nice thing about.being retired is that people can work you in.