What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Traci, I never thought about making pie. :hmmm: Maybe I'll at least get one tomorrow. Pizza sounds great too! There are so many cute and fun t-shirt ideas online. But they had to be made, not bought. I got both made, but messed up on BOTH of them and had to redo them. They (eventually) turned out cute though.

Saw my daughter on the Martha Stewart show today, over and over again. After the commercial 45 minutes into the show, the show opened with a head shot of my DD! I think I'll record it again when it's on tomorrow afternoon, only I'll do it on the DVD recorder, then I can edit out Martha and only keep the shots of DD. :wave:

We started to pack the Little House on the Highway for a week at Henderson Beach State Park (on the Gulf) getting into condition for the Panhandle Trace Hike a month from today. The first 6 miles is along the beach from Ft Pickens to Pensacola Beach through sugar-soft sand and last year I pooped out after about 4 miles & hit the road; so this year I'm going to try to work up to the six miles.

After that we'll take a week-long break and then go back to Torreya State Park for all the steepheads & ravines along the 14+ miles of hiking trails there and the 3.5 butt-buster (a 65-degree steephead to climb down & back up about 2 miles in) Garden of Eden Trail N of Blountstown. It really helped last year!

No, Chris, the Travel Trailer sits in a local shop, for sale. There's no room in the Little House on the Highway for it! and I've no time to play with it when we're on the road. The two dhs I have built "on the road" were during two of the three 3-month long trips we've taken.

I actually do plan to bring mine when I make it because I camp for 3 days with 20 children. When someone just needs a time to be quiet or needs comforting, one thing that child could do is play with it. I hope to have it built before the end of May.

I actually do plan to bring mine when I make it because I camp for 3 days with 20 children. When someone just needs a time to be quiet or needs comforting, one thing that child could do is play with it. I hope to have it built before the end of May.
Camp with 20 children? I think I'll just sit here and quietly play with my boxcutter...

Last week (three more days!!) of work :)

Having lots of braxton hicks contractions, which make things much more uncomfortable :( Sitting on our lovely comfortable sofa is no longer comfortable so have to sit on the office chair instead. Walked to the doctors today to pick up my prescription and was very aware of how big and sticking out my tummy now is! Also took about twice as long as it normally does to walk (braxton hicks make me breathless), though on the way back I was carrying a bag of shopping. Was quite nice though, walked by a shop window where someone was putting out a display and she looked up at my tummy and smiled as if to say 'you're about to have a bundle of joy to look after.'

Currently cooking a pork shoulder roast in the oven. Theoretically slow roasting it, but is over 4 hours rather than 5-12 hours as some recipes suggested. I was inspired by two cooking programs I saw last week on different channels at different times, but they both slow cooked pork that was just melt in your mouth, cut with a fork yummy looking, so had to give it a go! Hopefully it'll be good, could probably do with another hour, but then we'll be eating too late and I'm not that patient :lol: (could only go shopping after waiting in for a couple phonecalls which delayed things).

There's nothing wrong with craving pork roast!

We got back from our week at the beach yesterday, and I lost the last of the weight I'd gained visiting KathieB & her DH. We walked a minimum of 1 mile every day on the sand, working up to 5+ miles/ day, which simulates the first two days of the hike we'll do next month, since the first six miles the first day begins at Ft Pickens and goes a mile along an old railbed, then along the beach for 5 miles before becoming a road walk the rest of the way to the water tower in Pensacola Beach, and from Pensacola Beach to a mile from Navarre Beach nearly half the trail heads out across the dunes and is GORGEOuS! We began to get jellyfish wash in late Saturday and by Sunday we saw an occasional Portuguese man-o-war. These are VERY dangerous, since their stingers deliver a far more potent, painful sting than regular jellyfish. By Monday afternoon the purple (hazardous marine life) flags were up alongside the yellow flags; then the winds shifted to out of the south and kicked the surf up from normal rip currents (yellow flags) to dangerous ones (red flags). We never did do any swimming, since we were there to walk, but a day at the beach beats a day not at the beach, and the weather was perfect. We were sorry to hear about the storms dumping snow on everyone, but the couple we met from Wisconsin weren't; they were too busy being glad they were in FL!

We're home for a week and then off to Torreya State Park for a week of hiking their miles of steepheads & ravines.

I'm doing laundry today! WooHoo!

I got a new washer and dryer, and they were delivered (very early) this morning. I hated having to buy them, but it was time. They were both barely hanging in there, but when the dryer started sparking, took out the control board for the AC and heater with a power surge, and for the 3rd time in a month we were having to lay clothes around everywhere to dry, I gave in. But it's so nice to have new ones! I have never had a new washer or dryer, they have always been old hand-me-downs. :hug: Yay me!

Congratulations, Tracy! We replaced my last set a number of years ago with all front-loading stacking unit, and the difference in how that washer cleans with less than half the water the top-loader used still amazes me!

We got back from our week at the beach Thursday and I finished up all the laundry yesterday, so we joined a group of our friends today on a jaunt over to St Vincent's Island NWR for an "impromptu" paddle. Once we got to the island DH & I hopped out of our tandem kayak and noticed all sorts of displays and exhibits set up. As the rest of the group paddled off towards the end of the island and the Gulf, we went over and looked at all the info and then walked over to the beach and proceeded to hike in the soft sand. I only got four miles (two in each direction) but I found some lovely shells. The beach was covered in feral pig tracks!

We finally found the source of a horrible smell in our downstairs room today, and we have to replace the carpet. So we went and bought flooring tonight and started clearing out that room. Fun fun. The floor's really pretty, I got cherry, and I'm excited, but I'm scared too because we've never installed flooring before. But I'm sure it'll turn out fine. I had hoped to make some progress on my Beacon Hill this week during Spring Break, but guess I'm working on my RL house instead!

Lawson is leaving tomorrow morning on a week trip to Miami with his WAVE Team, so I spent earlier today finishing laundry and packing him. Wish I was going to FL...

Don't pay the ransom! I escaped!!!!

I've been keeping a pretty low profile for the past few weeks, what with company visiting, keeping up with friends and relatives locally (in New Orleans), polishing up the genealogy for when we meet Lloyd's new 10th cousin in France next month, and organizing for the trip back to Missouri, which happened over the past two days. I got a smart phone a few weeks ago and delighted in posting our position en route to all of my friends on Facebook, who really didn't give a rat's patootie, I'm sure! That smart phone is magic.

It's good to be back here. The garden needs to have leaves and dead stuff removed, but plants are poking up and looking healthy. Lloyd has several appointments at the VA over the month, so we'll be busy shuffling off to Columbia between turns in the garden. Then the first of May we go back to New Orleans to catch the last weekend of Jazz Fest. The third week in May we go to Atlanta to catch the plane for Paris. When we get back a couple weeks later we will either return to New Orleans or (if we get well enough organized) go directly to Missouri.

I don't guess I'm going to have much mini time begore mid-June! Well, except I think an eight-year-old friend and I are going to put together the Cheltenham that Holly gave me. I sent a picture of it to Isabella with an offer to build it with her while we're in NOLA in May. It looks fairly straightforward, so I'm guessing slapping it together and getting it painted shouldn't take but a couple of weekends. Isabella is a very creative little girl. I'm looking forward to the project and hope we can squueze it in. :wub:

I've been keeping a pretty low profile for the past few weeks, what with company visiting, keeping up with friends and relatives locally (in New Orleans), polishing up the genealogy for when we meet Lloyd's new 10th cousin in France next month, and organizing for the trip back to Missouri, which happened over the past two days. I got a smart phone a few weeks ago and delighted in posting our position en route to all of my friends on Facebook, who really didn't give a rat's patootie, I'm sure! That smart phone is magic.

It's good to be back here. The garden needs to have leaves and dead stuff removed, but plants are poking up and looking healthy. Lloyd has several appointments at the VA over the month, so we'll be busy shuffling off to Columbia between turns in the garden. Then the first of May we go back to New Orleans to catch the last weekend of Jazz Fest. The third week in May we go to Atlanta to catch the plane for Paris. When we get back a couple weeks later we will either return to New Orleans or (if we get well enough organized) go directly to Missouri.

I don't guess I'm going to have much mini time begore mid-June! Well, except I think an eight-year-old friend and I are going to put together the Cheltenham that Holly gave me. I sent a picture of it to Isabella with an offer to build it with her while we're in NOLA in May. It looks fairly straightforward, so I'm guessing slapping it together and getting it painted shouldn't take but a couple of weekends. Isabella is a very creative little girl. I'm looking forward to the project and hope we can squueze it in. :wub:

I don't guess I'm going to have much mini time before mid-June! Well, except I think an eight-year-old friend and I are going to put together the Cheltenham that Holly gave me. I sent a picture of it to Isabella with an offer to build it with her while we're in NOLA in May. It looks fairly straightforward, so I'm guessing slapping it together and getting it painted shouldn't take but a couple of weekends. Isabella is a very creative little girl. I'm looking forward to the project and hope we can squeeze it in. :wub:

Got most of the exterior stone work done on the Aster. It's the last day of spring break, so I'm glad I got it mostly done. It is pretty time consuming. Now I need to paint it all once it dries.

I also got most of my Spring Fling house dry fitted. It's kind of fun having 2 going at once. I can work on one while I'm thinking about the other.

We spent a week hiking at Torreya State Park (I discovered my muscles & joints aren't good any longer for more than 4 miles) and got home Thursday to discover the Forum was down! And here it's back, shiny & new & better than ever! And new stuff to get used to, too.

Got back yesterday from Chicago and am exhausted. Took two classes and did a quick spin around the three shows. Saw a bunch of our members, Took in Juju's stuff and it is even better then in the pictures that she posts here. Saw the stick built houses (Sorry still so tired cannot remember his name) and poor guy had had an accident on the way up and some damage to his beautiful houses.) and they are masterpieces. Luckily the damage was slight and he says can be repaired. Bought a few things and will post pictures eventually when I can.

The first class was with Rik Pierce and his Rapunzel's Tower. It was a long 8am to 9pm four days and I still have not recovered. This thing is nearly four feet tall and will take oodles of Paperclay to finish. We got the inside Paperclayed done and the windows put together as well as the thing put together and preliminary wiring done. Since it was a proto type there were some irritating problems and Rik was kept busy solving them. Was luckily enough to get it boxed up and shipped out on Friday afternoon. Have no idea when it will arrive here but I hope it comes through OK. The second was a class on redoing a Breyer horse and something I had wanting to learn. Not much energy required thank goodness since I was pretty wiped out from Rik's class.

The flights were uneventful but I really dislike the mob scene at O'Hare. Coming back we were ahead of a large storm.It arrived here early this morning. Did a quick unpack and crashed into bed. Today here is overcast and gray. I am doing the laundry and putting the travel stuff away. Fur kids were glad to see me. DH and DD said they were velcro the whole time I was gone.