What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Starting to prep for the upcoming trip, since we've been invited to paddle with the GA canow folks MLK weekend down state; and makes no sense to be down there without a visit to DH's mom, etc...

Jeremy,

That creeping crud has been in our house for over a week. I have a low level of it compared to the girls and Natalie`s friend who had it too.

I am working on the little Arthur and cooking dinner this snowy Sunday. I have a whole chicken roasting in the oven and I have Puerto Rican rice and beans on the stove top. I think I will make some steamed broccoli to go with.

Going to snow again on Wednesday..looks like it is going to be a long white winter for me.

I'm working on my Arthur, did a few minutes on the elliptical, weights this morning. I just don't have the stamina I had before I got sick, but I figure a little exercise is better than no exercise. I talked to one of the Spin instructors this past Thursday about possibly taking his class. But ya know... it might just kill me. 15 minutes and someone will have to call 911. So I think I will stick with my current routine and see if I can work up to being fit enough for a class.

The tilework is about 3/4 done, the new window frame is on, the vanity lights are up. Tomorrow, he says, he'll finish laying the tile and grout it (the grout will match the tile color, so basically it'll disappear once it's dry) and lay the floor and install the commode stool and lavatory, and hope to install baseboards and ceiling (otherwise it'll be two weeks, and he wants to get his money before we leave) (but he's not getting it ALL until the job is DONE).

My cardboard staircase mockup is drying. I'm trying to decipher the instructions for the assembly from the second landing onwards; nothing on any of my remaining pieces give me a clue.

It's snowing!! Again, 2nd time in 2 weeks, in Atlanta! They have already called school here, so we'll be home at least for another day, maybe 2. Good thing I made a trip to the dollhouse store yesterday to get things to keep me occupied! They are saying anywhere from 2-5 inches, depending on where in the city you are, and how quickly it turns to sleet. Then there may be as much as 2 inches of sleet. Yuck!

It's pretty now though. :)

Braddock is in the house! We had to take a long 5 hour drive down to pick him up and then a five hour drive back home. The snow was not as bad as we were told to expect but the roads for the first 75 miles were really messy. Glad to be home. Now goes the get acquainted period and our other two are really not cooperating very well. All is quiet at the moment with Braddock behind the baby gate and Flynn and Cindy circling around me and the computer. Not sure how we are going to handle bed time.

Picture of Braddock?

It has been raining intermittently here. On last night's weather report the TV meteorologist was describing sleet... and we got an email last night from Friday's paddle trip leader for the Crystal River that Thursday's forecast low is 32F, so the departure time has been delayed. I had already planned to pack my Pepperskins!

Ok so I wanted to spend this week working on my Pierce but every 2hrs digging my drive way and walk out from all this snow has made me so tired!!! The snow in Alberta is crazy at the moment! So all of you that have spent last 2 days digging out I can relate!!!! :)

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Holly. The thought of being on the water in a kayak in this kind of weather gives me the shivers. I hope we can give you better weather when you come visit us in New Orleans!

Beverly, he's adorable! :)

Snow day here. Actually, more ice than anything. A few inches though, and that's significant here. The kids and my husband and the dog are having a blast outside. The cat, not so much. She'd been trying to get out, so we put her on the back porch. She's solid white so she blended right in. And then ran back in. The dog is back in now, and crying at the window to go back out. Just like a little kid wanting to go out in the snow. We have to keep him on a leash though, and the boys can't handle that and play too. We'll take him back out in a little bit.

I was hoping for a snow day, but no such luck. There was just enough snow and ice to make it treacherous to navigate the sidewalks. Would it be wrong to say that I hope there is a special place in purgatory for people who don't shovel their walks? They can share it with the people who water the sidewalk in warmer weather... oh wait, they're the same people.

Oh Beverly..He is a big ole sweetie!

I just finished shoveling out this past weekend and now we are going to have MAJOR snow in Tuesday overnight into all day Wednesday. They are talking 18 inches of the white stuff! I have my Arthur to keep me occupied.

The girls and I went to the gym today..I am sore..very very sore. But a good sore. I have to keep it up.

NOOOO.... They just called school here again for tomorrow. 4th day in a row. And, we have a 3 day weekend this weekend, off on Monday.

When my husband set up my new Mac for me this weekend, he thought he'd be nice and install a game for me. NOT nice. Bejeweled is an evil, evil game. I'm not getting hardly anything else productive done here.

I keep having a visitor. She comes by and I don't know if she is lost or just hanging around but I think she is so pretty. Its so cold out for the animals outside I just want to bring them ALL in....of course I can't but I am in love with this pretty kitty.

post-4159-1294881200_thumb.jpg

Just got back online late this afternoon with....my NEW LAPTOP!!! A friend insisted on loaning me the money to get one, bless his heart, and compared to my nerlay seven-year-old dinosaur that croaked over New Years, this thing is unbelievable. Still getting used to the feel of the keyboard and the built-in mouse and allo, so forgive any weird typos. Gosh, it's so good to not have to go outdoors to somewhere else to use a computer (my choices were the library or this little corner bar that has a computer on the end of the bar folks can use - NOT fun when the bar's full of folks cheering a ball game or whatever LOL), not to mention that we've been in the midst of a major winter storm with tons of snow, freezing winds, etc.

So I'll be playing catch-up here for a while....It's GOOD to be back!

Oh Roxy..I would bring that pretty girl inside. We have a roaming black and white cat but he scatters when i get close to him. He is more comfortable with my neighbor. He goes in her house from time to time. But her German sheppard scares it.

Bejeweled Is The Best!

Lots and lots of snow here. I am supposed to take Lu to the groomer today but I think it is just too treacherous to drive. Maybe I can get Fred to take us..i am a chicken poopy. LOL

I keep having a visitor. She comes by and I don't know if she is lost or just hanging around but I think she is so pretty. Its so cold out for the animals outside I just want to bring them ALL in....of course I can't but I am in love with this pretty kitty.

She's darling. Go on bring her in.

We took Lloyd's 82-year-old cousin out for a birthday dinner last night. Took us nearly a day to decide where; New Orleans has too many excellent restaurants! We settled on Zea's and weren't disappointed. Today I'm working on the Beacon Hill (still punching out pieces) and later we're going to meet one of Lloyd's former art students. I'm hoping to get one of his paintings for the condo. Still cold here, but you won't hear any complaints from me!

More snow last night and it is now up to 16 inches and higher where drifts have formed. Not usually a problem but since I still have to take Braddock out on a lead, it can be a little heavy going. He loves the snow and is really eager to get out and do some running in it with Flynn. Cindi is usually up on the hill hunting for mice or other little critters under the snow. She is so funny to watch as she jackrabbits around and buries her face in the snow.The squirrels at the feeders are also tempting them. Its a good thing the trees are nearby and none of the dogs can catch them.

Guess what. They have closed schools again tomorrow. 5 days in a row. This is unbelievable and unheard of here. Usually when we have snow it's in the 50's the next day! We have barely got above freezing all week so nothing's going away much. And there was already a 3 day weekend, so they won't go back until Tuesday. I'm a 12-month employee of the school system, so I get to go in late at 10, but everyone else, including teachers and my partner, are off again. My poor guy, he had off a week before we did for Christmas break, so in the past 5 weeks, he has worked only 3 days! I know he is about out of his mind, he was so happy to be back the 3 days we did make it in last week.

I am so sick, sick, SICK of snow. I don't go out much, but even to put my nose outside is frustrating. I certainly didn't expect to spend my retirement years in a cold climate..I want to move SOUTH.

And for the first time, ever...I heard Zeb voice the same wish. Perhaps there's hope for us yet.

Not that moving south will remedy much..after watching the weather that's beaten even the deep South into submission..I'm beginning to wonder if we're on the verge of another mini-ice age.

Pardon me while I grow some fur. Why DID humans lose their nice warm coats?

Psst...Jo..take in that stray kitty. You know you want to, heehee!

J