What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I am sort of blurry eyed this morning. I am huddled over a very large cup of strong coffee but it does not help much.

I have a ton of laundry to do, like nearly two weeks worth. The repair guy came first thing this morning and did a temp fix, but the part and repair cost almost as as a new washer would. Guess a replacement washer is in the future.

The guys hopefully will show up today to continue the renovation on the bath. Didn't show up on Sat like they said they would but the weather was pretty bad.

The cable guy is here fine tuning the system to accept the new stuff my DH recently bought.

I spent most of the weekend dragging out the rest of the Christmas stuff and "fluffing" a nine foot artificial tree and starting the actual decoration. I had to replace all of the lights last year and I was afraid I would have a lot of work to do again this year. Luckily just one short string needed it.

Off to separate the laundry........

My condolences to the shovelers. Been there, done that. Happy not to. The midwest cold wave is making itself felt on the Gulf Coast with temps in the upper 20s/lower30s. Natives are in a panic, busy wrapping exposed water pipes, covering exposed plants, etc.

The carpenter is finished and the call is in to the appliance store to redeliver the washer/dryer. We kept the smooth-finish 23" door, which will become the surface at my work station. The doorknob hole will be a handy place to run a lamp cord. :p

Ack, to those who are shoveling...you have my express sympathy! Nasty, nasty bad snow!

I woke today feeling really groggy..of late, my wakeups are rough! Not sure why..I'm allowing for extra sleep...but after I wake, it takes me at least two hours before I can function reasonably efficiently, which is way too long for my animals..

However, its amazing how quickly one can rally when faced with the desperation of a dog with a king sized bladder, who REALLY NEEDS to go out. Afterwards though, I feel punched in the gut, and lightheaded until my meds kick in. I think my body needs a new transmission, LOL!

So...I'm hiding out from the world in general right now. I do NOT need a relapse of illness before Christmas, especially since Zeb is showing signs of a relapse himself. Zeb, I can't rein in, hollering at him to slow down only causes more stress...but I can keep myself away from crowds, and so am leaving the house as little as possible..I want to go to family dinner on Christmas, darnit. I DON'T WANT to stay home again. :p

On the upside, because I'm staying home, I'm getting a lot of work done on my hobby. Last nite I built the chimney for my Chantilly, and worked a bit on it's porch floorboards. Tonite I'll actually get the roof ON FOR GOOD! Yay! I'm only a wee bit behind my projected timeline for getting this house done. I won't make it for Christmas, but when Easter shows up, I'm going to be ready for a dollhouse sized easter basket! WOOT! B)

Still freezing here with a broken heater. :p It didn't get above freezing today, even here south of Atlanta. Thank goodness we have lots of space heaters and a kerosene heater. And no snow, just some flurries today. And my sweet MIL is paying the $600 for repair, just gotta wait for the part and repairman!

Can't believe eight loads of wash for just the two of us, but the last load is in the dryer now, the bed has been changed and the sheets washed and folded. I also began the annual cleaning of the dining room chandlier. All the crystals are are washed but I did not put them back. Will do that tomorrow. Heading to bed as I am exhausted.

Hey !! I just looked outside & there is all this funny white stuff all over my truck !! It is not much, but enough for people to drive stupid in it & I have to go into the city first thing for a dentist appt. !!

That shouldn't take long & then I can come home & play in my shop. Have a nice day.

Steve in PA

more shoveling and me with a torn rotator cuff. And also putting my bungalow's foundation together. Working on another Annie. And you know that Lisa cottage looks darned good next to the bungalow! But it has completely filled my 5' work table! LOL

I am in shock. The guys actually made it through the snow. They are grouting the tile now even as I type this. The bathroom is almost finished! They should be able to move the sinks and other supplies out of the entry hall tomorrow. Hurray!!!! The main road to us is closed due to an accident in the usual turn (our hill gives us a good view of the valley and we can see the flashing lights from our windows) and the guys had to come around the back way, about four miles out of the way and not all of the roads have been plowed. Now that is dedication! Our hill side driveway was plowed early this morning but it looks like we will need to have it done later this afternoon so DH can get out for a med appointment and I can get out for a couple of other chores. Back to doing the other chores I have let go for too long!

The bathtub is IN! It's sitting on its cement bed and the skirting wall is framed in. We went to our hiking club's Christmas party and ate 'way more rich food than we normally eat in a year, so I finished off the older bottle of ranitidine and ASA it kicks in I'm off to bed (still belching!).

Back indoors again after a brisk walk in the cold (apprx 5degrees F) and icy roads. Nice,yet somewhat cold so am going to dive under the blanket in a minute along with a cup of warm mulled wine, yep that is the plan...

Hugs

I took a hard tumble in the parking lot at work as I was walking in after lunch. Both knees are gruesome looking. I stayed home from work today to do ice packs and pain meds. Left kneecap is fairly swollen. I couldn't sleep for the pain last night and am having trouble going up and down stairs. My bone density test result was wonderful last year, so am pretty sure nothing broke in the fall.

Taking advantage of being homebound to work on the Creatology furniture kit (Micheal's puzzle stuff) for son's girlfriend's little daughter for Christmas. Her house (the one that looks like a GL Tennyson)is done and I'm going to give her some of the furniture for each room. There really is way too much to go in the house at one time, so she'll get additional pieces over time. I knew I couldn't finish painting all them before Christmas, and this gives me goodies to give her over the next year.

Snow, snow and more snow! We are in the middle of a lake effect snow storm up here. We currently have 16-18 inches of snow up on our hill and expect at least another foot before it quits. I expected we would have a delay in the completion of the bath renovation but the guys have been charging ahead. The guys put the pedistale sinks and the commode in place to see how everything looks. It is really going to look nice!!!! We should have a working bathroom by the end of rhe week!!!!

Still working on cleaning house and doing some of the finicky little chores I have not done for over a year because of all the medical stuff I had to deal with (eye surgeries). Washing copper, glassware, lamps, chandeliers, Cleaning closets and setting stuff aside to send to Good Will. Putting together a bunch of towels and old blankets to go to my dog rescue group and the local animal shelter. Also dragged out a lot of the Christmas dec we have collected over the years and am in the process of decorating the house as I finish cleaning a room. Will be getting rid of a lot of the old electrical since we do not do a whole house dec that we used to do when we lived in CA. Should finish up enough by Friday so I can take a break and enjoy Christmas. After New Years will need to start on the rest. Have no idea where my energy spurt came from!!!!

On the mini subject, I decided to decorate the Montclair for Christmas even though she is not anywhere finished. I will put the furniture and things I have completed in it and get out my Christmas present to myself, one of G&J/s last Christmas trees before they closed shop. I want to enjoy some things.

No plumber today. Yesterday he let us know he had taken our job when he had already taken another job. The other one is for a lady whose hubby just died and she had gone into the hospital for a knee replacement and is supposed to be coming home this week, and has NO bathroom to come home to if he doesn't finish, so I don't look for him much before the end of the week. He set the new bathtub yesterday, and the cement's still curing.

I took a hard tumble in the parking lot at work as I was walking in after lunch. Both knees are gruesome looking. I stayed home from work today to do ice packs and pain meds. Left kneecap is fairly swollen. I couldn't sleep for the pain last night and am having trouble going up and down stairs. My bone density test result was wonderful last year, so am pretty sure nothing broke in the fall.

Taking advantage of being homebound to work on the Creatology furniture kit (Micheal's puzzle stuff) for son's girlfriend's little daughter for Christmas. Her house (the one that looks like a GL Tennyson)is done and I'm going to give her some of the furniture for each room. There really is way too much to go in the house at one time, so she'll get additional pieces over time. I knew I couldn't finish painting all them before Christmas, and this gives me goodies to give her over the next year.

Wow, Gayle! I did that two years ago, and ended up with a concussion. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Well, today the heater repair guy is coming back finally. Cross your fingers for us that he is successful in fixing the heat this time. Of course today we have finally gone into a warm spell, after several days of below freezing temps. But it will be cold again soon.

Really sad thing is Brennen has gotten sick, probably from the cold. He's got a temp of over 102, so I guess he will miss today and tomorrow at school. He has 2 quizzes today, and tomorrow is the Christmas party and they dismiss at noon. I hate for him to miss the party. This will be the last one he has, as in 7th grade they start taking finals.

I think I might also be getting sick, but I'm in denial right now.

Yesterday the assembler arrived and put together the computer desk. It's so nice to watch a skilled person at work. :banana:

Today we're picking up Lloyd's 80-year-old aunt and driving to Lafayette to visit with her brother, Lloyd's 85-year-old uncle. Temp should be in the low 70s. A nice day for an outing.

Tomorrow I get to set up my mini workstation! :)

Shoveling and plowing done until the next storm - I am going to wallpaper my new dining room in the Lisa......... then will wallpaper the upstairs "spare room." I haven't decided if it's to be a guest room, spare room, sewing, room, or attic....LOL Then it will be roofed. the dining room/whatever room will be wired separate from the rest of the bungalow. Separate transformer. I need to give this house a much larger table than even the Beacon Hill.

My fun-filled day will be cleaning my house for company! Do I know how to have a great time or what?!!! :banana:

My son is bringing "THE ONE" over for Christmas, and it will be the first time we will meet her. I'm very excited. I love any girl who loves my son. :)