What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Rita,

Which bread book do you have? Last Christmas, Santa gave Chelsea the book called The Bread Baker`s Apprentice. I read and heard that this is a must have if you want to bake bread.

Daphne, I just read this and I just wanted you to say you acted amazingly. I would have broken down sobbing right then and there. I cry when I get angry so that wouldn't have helped either. As for the remark about your pets being "stinky" that's horrible. I had a spiny mouse for 5 years named her DaisyMae, she was the sweetest thing. It's amazing how attached you can get to an animal. When she passed away I was lonely for another tiny pet and found two of the sweetest adult gerbils. Named them Simon and Theodore. I wasn't going to buy them till the guy at the petshop saw me looking and was so happy that someone seemed interested. He said that since they were adults everyone was passing over them...I'm a sucker...sadly they have both since passed away but I had them for over 2 years. Your Avatar picture is adorable. Both of my parents have a fear about rodents but they acted very well with all of them. My mom even started getting over her fear by watching DaisyMae from a distance. I was very surprised that it turns out my dad has the higher fear...LOL...I never even knew about it till I brought home DaisyMae in high school.

On a side note, today I will continue shingling my Puzzle House, I have to order more since I started using what I had but didn't calculate the coverage correctly. I finished the wallpapering, flooring and only have the crown moulding of the living room to complete and the inside will be finished. I am thrilled with it! It doesn't look like the picture on the package at all anymore. The porch railing/spindles arrived yesterday which were the last "structure" pieces I was waiting for. Can't wait to get home to start working on it again.

Just got home from the hospital, daddy had some surgery today. He has another tomorrow morning, so I'll be back. My sweet sister was up there all day today, I just went for a little bit tonight.

Now I'm about to start making duct tape clothes for the boys, for duct tape day tomorrow. Then a zombie outfit. The church is having a Zombie Prom tomorrow night. Yes. Duct tape and zombies. I better get started, it's 8pm!

Thanks Mary and Kabrina!

He has a very large kidney stone, 17mm I think they said. He has been in pain since December, and finally went to the emergency room in June. He's been waiting to have this surgery to remove it since then. Today's was to insert a tube in the kidney, and tomorrow they'll use that tube to insert a probe, use the laser to smoosh it into pieces, then hopefully pull most of the pieces out. Cross your fingers for him that they get most of it out.

I got one t-shirt completely covered in duct tape. I cheated and just covered a shirt, instead of making duct tape fabric first. For the other boy, he couldn't have handled a complete shirt, so I just put a few tie-dye duct tape stripes around the shirt, and around the sleeves. I also put a tape "patch" over a worn spot in his jeans. And made both boys arm bands in case they need to ditch their duct tape shirts, they will still have tape on. They wear uniforms normally, so if they don't have on tape for this dress-up day, they would need to have on a uniform.

The zombie outfit is not as elaborate. It's a zombie prom, so we tore up old dress clothes, and he will wear a tattered bow tie and hopefully a dead flower if we can find one. To church. I wonder if I should worry...

Thursday's dress-up day is pajama day, much easier!!

Today is Natalie`s 17th Birthday. Yay Natalie! I am going to bake her cake and we are having egg rolls for dinner. I have to run out and rent a steam cleaner for the carpets since we are having company over for the weekend.

Slumber party..our last one EVER! LOL

I have a ton of raking to do out there. We had a storm blow thru yesterday and all the hard work I did was for not.

Wow, I haven't read this post for a while and was physically stunned by Daphne's post

about the horrid company/relatives!!!I did cheer for your marching to the door and

inviting them OUT!And cheered that the monster-girl didn't wreck the first house she

saw.But I'm sorry that she destroyed your Madison..maybe there's a way to fix it???

I don't understand how some parents can't realise the wickedness of their own children.

If we acted badly at home-we were in trouble...if we acted badly in public -we were

"dead meat" and this behavior would have had us standing up for years,with swollen butts!! Here's to never having to put up with that behavior again!!!! :monkeydance:

And Wolfie...Healthy,baked donuts??? Wow!! Is there a recipe???? :D

And to everyone else who is having a problem or recovering from one,or just having a

good day...God's speed!! :bear:

Hi Lynn -- yeah, it's definitely a shocker but am happy to receive such support & advice from the folks here at the forum. You and everyone are just full of awesome! :monkeydance:

Wolfie -- you'll have to share the recipe! Is it just me, or when I think of fall, I see apples, delicious cider, and tasty cider donuts? Mmmm....donuts...mmm....tasty baked goodness... :bear:

And I second Lynn's statement -- God's speed to everyone!

I'm off today, and was hoping to get some mini stuff accomplished. Yeah right. Still on my list, but the day is dwindling away.

I did get up and out early this morning and hit Target right when they opened for 50% off Halloween. I used to always stalk things and would wait until at least 75%, but I don't have time anymore, and I was off today. Brain went with me which was really sweet. I have plenty of Halloween stuff, so I didn't get any decorations or anything. I got Bounty paper towels and napkins, Oreos (big and little), Teddy Grahms, Goldfish, Frito Lay chips, Kraft Mac and Cheese, Quaker granola bars, Pop-tarts, cake mix, and brownies, all at half off becasue they had Halloween on their package. Yea! I guess you know you're getting old when you get up early and rush out to get paper towels and napkins.

Then I came home and took down the Halloween decorations and put out the fall stuff. I even cleaned up the dining room table of the Beacon Hill box and other mini stuff so I could put out the fall plates and candles. Don't know why, it's just going to get moved later when I start doing stuff again. But, the kitty likes it, so that's all that matters, right?

post-3297-1288637120_thumb.jpg

And a nicer centerpiece I never saw!! (from one cat lover to another....) :D

Thought I was going to have to go back to hospital yesterday morning for more IV antibiotics - was running a high fever and felt like *$$%%@! But it turned out to NOT be anything at all to do with my foot this time, no sign of infection there whatsoever. So we decided to wait and see, and call the doctor this morning if I wasn't better. Well, around the time the doctor's office opened this morning, the fever broke, and by then I knew it had nothing to do with my foot - thank goodness! Just a nasty sinus/head cold/flu type of thing. I was so relieved I got up and scrubbed the bathroom....:D

Very happy to hear it wasn't your foot! But really, you shouldn't be scrubbing the bathroom! Time to be resting and letting your body recover from fever and infection for a day or two at least!

I've got a couple days off, but so far not really doing anything with them. Might get a little more enthusiasm soon to do some sorting out and rearranging of mini stuff and tool boxes to improve our guest/hobby room. We'll see!

I know, I know, Muriel - but if you'd seen that bathroom, well....I claim temporary insanity due to having my brains fried. :D And I've been VERY good (as in lying up in bed with the radio and a good, fat book) ever since. And lots of water, tea, etc., which means lots of trips to that now-sparkly bathroom - SIGH!

Good for you Mary!

I am boiling pumpkin seeds as we speak. Then I will roast them in the oven. I have four pumpkin guts to sift thru so it took me yesterday and this morning to finish. I am going to put all my Halloweenie stuff away in the totes.

I need to buy a new Turkey day flag. I think I will search online for one. Fred has to work on Thanksgiving so I am going to make my turkey early. Then we will have a nice dinner of something else on Thanksgiving.

I am seriously thinking of going out on Black Friday. Have I lost my mind?? LOL

I'd probably go shopping on Black Friday, only there isn't anyplace local TO go!! And I don't think I want to go the big mall in Yakima that day - was bad enough the one time I went in the hot of the summer. Though there was plenty of parking, then walk ten miles to whichever store, nope, not for me.

I'll probably participate in the online equivalent, though - in fact, you can count on that! :D

We got back Monday from our recent two-week trip and are leaving in the AM for another one.

We left two weeks ago Monday and spent two days camped at Gold Head Branch State Park North of Keystone Heights, FL (SSW of Jacksonville) and hiked two of the loop trails at Black Creek Ravines. For the All-Florida Paddler's Rendezvous this year we camped in the Ocala National Forest Salt Springs campground, since the first paddle we did was out the Salt Springs run to Lake George and back (10 miles). I boogered my left shoulder & elbow some kind of how and stayed home Friday to rest them & let the heal; DH paddled 10 miles of the Ocklawaha River from Gore's Landing to Eureka Dam. Saturday we paddled the Juniper Springs Run from SR 40, East of Silver Springs, to SR 19 south of Salt Springs, about 7 miles. This time I injured my right shoulder crawling over a downed tree whilst the man we're going paddling with this coming weekend helped pull boats over the trunk; so Sunday DH went on the Alexander Springs paddle whilst I stayed home resting my RIGHT shoulder. Before we left we went on a hike of Lake Eaton on Tuesday.

Our last stop was Payne's Prairie State Preserve, North of Micanopy, FL. We went down SE of Tampa an Thursday to visit DH's momma and baby brother (who is recovering from a stroke) and to a Fall festival in Micanopy, and hiked the trails at the state park.

Umm ... Holly, by my informal tally you've just about run out of 100% operable joints. Take care of yourself!

Think about visiting us in New Orleans this winter -- an easy drive from Havana. No need to haul the Little House on the Highway, and I promise not to put you in harm's way. I'll even let you help me figure out how to make the Beacon Hill front opening while Lloyd and Knox find their own trouble to get into. :)

Spent part of today pulling out dead plants and in general getting the yard and garden buttoned up for the winter. Still more yard debris to be removed, but once that's out we'll only be dealing with leaves, which I plan to mow and use for mulch. Can't believe the number of acorns on the ground this year -- practically paved solid in some areas!

Our last stop was Payne's Prairie State Preserve, North of Micanopy, FL. We went down SE of Tampa an Thursday to visit DH's momma and baby brother (who is recovering from a stroke) and to a Fall festival in Micanopy, and hiked the trails at the state park.

Wish I had known you were nearby! I go to Micanopy at least twice a week. I think its funny that the "hospital" in the movie "Doc Hollywood" is actually an antique shop down there.

Kathie, I have informed the DH of your invitation and ASA we get home where we have internet service I shall either PM or email you! This has been a terrific year for acorns, I think; they were EVERYWHERE we hiked!

Jeremy, we went in there, and I didn't even recognize it! Last time we spent time at PP we went to Cross Creek. We did get into G'ville as far as the FTA HQs, where one of our hiking buddies works, and visited with her.

I am off this morning to the local house of torture (aka the community hospital) to have my boobs pressed. I am so looking forward to it (not). Then off to Columbia (70 miles away) to the VA for an early afternoon appointment for Lloyd with his cardio-clinic team (routine follow-up). Tomorrow morning we'll make the same round trip for his urology team follow up. Unfortunately, specialty clinics meet only on specific days, and these two don't share the same day.

Had an email from our NOLA realtor this morning. The Orleans Parish computer has been down for 9 days, so no title searches are possible. With no title searches, no title insurance can be issued, so no real estate closings can take place. This may postpone our schedule for several days, which may be a big headache. Lloyd will be in NOLA for just three days when the closing could be scheduled; I'm not going down at all. Everybody, please do a computer resurrection dance! :):):)

It is raining and the wind is whipping today. I think we can safely say that all the leaves will be on the ground for this weekend. Good! Then we can bag them. Chelsea and Natalie are down with colds. I have been cooking as they lay on the couches watching Netflix. We have a Wii so we can watch them instantly on the television. I am still on the 30 day free trial but we like it. I will sign up for 2 movies at a time unlimited. That way one person can watch on computer and another can watch on the tv.

I am going to clean the kitchen top to bottom today. I am in the mood to cook but I do not know what I want to make. I made spaghetti sauce the other day but that did not do it..LOL I took out some chicken breasts (bones in)..so maybe I will roast some chicken, mashed potatoes, and a veggie. Warm up the kitchen.

I was lucky to find some nitrate free bacon at the health food store last week. I am going to make BLTs for lunch for Fred, Natalie and I.

That is about it. Just dealing with the aches and pains of a storm blowing in.

Well I am back at work graveyard shifts which completely make me tired all the time but I did manage to wake up to see the sunny day so I decided to do baby steps starting on bashing the 2 Pierces together not sure exactly how I will do this but I know I want 3 staircases 2 towers and side that has no windows needs to have windows! I will start album in week of my progress! Zombie at work! :)

Sounds very interesting Melanie! :)

We were representing our branch at the regional finals today. Didn't win, but had a great time. We had to give a presentation (not such fun), but also had a 40 minute session learning a Viennese Waltz to "That's Amore", a quiz session, Belgian Truffle making session (5 yummy chocs at home now!), and blindfolded Jumbo Jenga.

Don't fancy working tomorrow and Saturday though having had the rest of the week off! :)