What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

. Now I know what it's like to peel and slice hot beets. :blink:

Oh yes..scalding hands that have a purple hue. I have to start putting up the strawberry jam. I am so late in doing it. I have been freezing strawberries all summer until I had enough. I am going to save a couple bags for us to use in fruit smoothies. I also have blueberries and blackberries frozen.

I so want to go peach picking but I do not have the energy. My favorite apple is in season now..Ginger Gold. This apple makes the BEST apple sauce I have ever made or tasted. You do not need to use a ton of sugar in the processing of it. Add some cinnamon and yummy! If you ever come across these type (they have a short season) do try them.

I have to take Natalie to school today so she can check her schedule. They finally opened the offices this week. I fixed the clothesline yesterday (fell down in a storm) and I am going to wash some comforters at the laundromat and hang them to dry.

Whilst we were peddling along the New River Trail we noticed both sides of the trail were covered with bushes with beautiful red berries on them that looked like unripe dewberries. When we passed people with pails picking them red, we stopped to taste a few of the most wonderful fresh, ripe raspberries! I told him next time we bring a bucket and strap it on the back of the bike!

I am up to my knees in dirty laundry. Natalie and I completely cleaned out her room today. That girl knows how to stuff clothes in the most unconceivable places! :yes:

I have stuff in the washer, dryer, hanging out on the line, and hanging in the basement. We did get rid of plenty of clothing. Have it bagged up for Goodwill.

Oh I wish I had some pizza money because I am going to be too too tired to cook dinner.

I finally wrestled MF to the ground to get that last bit of glue that was stuck to his back fur. I do not know how he got into the glue but he did! LOL

I cannot wait until school starts! :)

Just finished working a 3rd day in a row. Very tired! I have a 5 day weekend (it will suck next week as i will work 4 days in a row..10 and 11 hour shifts)...well, lots to get done around the house this weekend but i'm making time for dollhouses...haven't worked on that in a couple of weeks.

I spent my day working on various minis for my McKinley. Here is my first attempt at a swiss creme cake. Gotta love those 'mini' calories!

I also added some hanging cups to the cupboard.

The sink and the stove are from the Corona Concepts kit, with some slight changes. I really love these kits.

Your CC kitchen came out very well. The only set that makes my tear my hair is the bathroom...

I had to do some heavy cleaning after coming home (no time after the last homecoming, which was less than a week) and I ran across some sets of leaves I'd printed out (site unknown, sigh) and have begun making them up with some cake wires I'll paint when they're done.

I could kill Chelsea. I woke up at 4am and I could smell something. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldnt. I could not figure out what the smell was. It wasnt a burning smell..but a garlic smell...

She woke up hungry and made herself tofu scramble and garlicy green beans to put in a breakfast wrap. Love that she if cooking for herself but at 4am!

I have been in a nesting mode that past couple of days. We went thru all of Natalie`s clothes. Washed, folded and put away. Now we know that all she really needs for school is 2 pair of jeans. I have been taking her out all summer to pick up this or that on sale or clearance.

I still have whites to wash today but I do not know if I have the energy. We will see.

I think I finally accumulated enough laundry to run a load today. I'll be vacuuming & running a mop downstairs to finish up on our uninvited visitors. I have a couple of more layers in my workroom to tackle and I can mini again! I'm knitting a guage swatch for a baby caftan for Whozis (DS informs me they're keeping "Baby Boy's" name a secret...).

Well, Ernie's Bus kit is finally done & photos are posted in my gallery. I want to tear into the Adams kit, but I may take a day or 2 off....to clean up my little shop. It seems like whenever I work on a project, 'somebody' gets all my tools out & never puts them away !!!!

Steve

Steve -- another sterling project! You're ready for Ernie's next Creatin' Contest. I'm willing to bet it's going to be the Bus in 2009. :p

Now ... what are you going to do with the Adams (if it isn't a secret)?

First day with the kids back in school , can we say that feeling worn out is just a tiny wording???? Sheesh, feels like I am walking in syrup right now, but I suppose I will sleep like a log tonight LOL there were some things to prepare for today's "kick off" but all went very well so that feels great, but it IS draining the energy too...

So after dinner I just want to play around with the computer, catch up on posts etc etc, perhaps take a little round in the craftroom just to see what Mz Chantilly and the rest is talking about... :p

Hugs

Well, I think I'll keep you guessing about the Adams for a while !! But I will tell you this. I am doing something completely different than my usual theme & it will have nothing to do with fire, rescue, or EMT's !!! But to tell the truth, I'm not sure I can make what I have in mind, so I'm going to wait until I'm a bit more along before I tell everyone what it is.

Steve

I've been sitting here listening to the occasional tree limb fall and go "THUNK!" as it hits the house somewhere or other. We finally had a power flicker about 20 minutes ago. It has been gently raining with occasional gusts of wind since about 1000 AM. All this is courtesy of Miss Fay.

Still feel a bit worn out, but as it is one of those dreary grey days with a steady rain fall, nothing really heavy but has been coming down from before dawn and will most probably continue during most of the day after having a look at the weather forecast. I am so happy I did get the lawn mowed yesterday!!!!

So I have been doing the house chores and have a load of laundry to hang in a little while as well as fold and put the dry clothes away... Have been browsing a little and finally found a suitable stove for Mz Chantilly LOL so will have to order that... still not sure how she wants the wall parts that will be visible in the kitchen area though so we'll see if we can agree upon that soon. Have some odd jobs to finish here and there with trims and mouldings and such, and now we are starting to do a little with the "extra" room upstairs, but that is another post I think LOL

Well, the washing machine just finished so perhaps I better go and tend to that then...

Hugs

Holly....Take care & I hope everything works out for you guys. I live in a very flood prone area & have seen the severe damage they can cause to property.

Today I need to change a couple of small things on the bus & then I want to lay out the Adams kit. All this depends on what the wife has planned!! Well, I better get to it !

Steve

Today I have alot of housework to get done and finish getting the kids last things to start school. I went last night after work to get the kids there school shoes and had the very nice gentleman at the shoe store measure my sons foot and he is ONLY 13 and wears a size 8 in MENS shoes :blink: but he did find a nice pair at Kohls that didnt cost me a arm and a leg. Rebecca my almost 10 year old has been very sick with phoumonia(sp) but is getting better. Basically we are gonna stay home for once and Iam hopeing to get alot accomplished in my house today.

Just home from running a few errands, sheesh it felt like everyone else was doing just the same... Didn't like the traffic situation (lots of unsure drivers out there along with trucks and tourists etc etc) at all but I got through it and while doing the "Musts" I snuck by the craft store as well and found some little odd bits and pieces that will work for Mz Chantilly, fabrics and a neat striped paper I think work for the kitchen, very "strict" stripes in grey shades, but I think with the white fridge/freezer and the rest that will go in there, it might work. Will try it out in a little while.

Hugs

hi yall!

today the Hubster is taking me bowling again.

I really want to make it part of my weekly routine of excersize.

and get good enough to join a league.

and than we will head for the flea market and Wal-mart in the next town...theyt are the only ones who carry a variety of South Beach diet lunches in a box. which I eat everyday at work. I also plan on taking the time to look for some new jeans...family reunion is comming up real quick and Id like to wear the smallest size I can wear comfortably. still not sure which top Im going to wear...LOL still havent decided if I should let the batwings be displayed or if I should try and cover them up. this is the first year in many I havent worn a tanktop.... I bought them but I just cant seem to make myself wear them. very self concious about all the floppy skin...ROFLBO

I wish I could say that Im looking forward to this reunion but Im having a hard time getting all excited...frankly Im dreading it a bit.

since the kids moved in and I got my spare room cleaned out I have several unfinished houses just sitting and looking pitiful on my work table....since DH is headed back to work on Monday at a new job just maybe Ill get some moola to spare and just maybe Ill muster up some mini enthusiasim and get going on one of my projects.....Id really like to work on my addams.

I have an older kit I started about 2 yrs ago that I could dig out and work on. just not sure now what direction to go in....maybe today Ill dig it out and set it up and let it talk to me again....definatly would like to finish it for the contest...I gotta get me a free Bus so Ill only have to buy one.

anyone have any ideas for me???

as it is now... the house is built...I started using egg carton peices for the outside and I used the tp method on the inside...kind of rustic. it was going to be a store of sorts at one time but now since I have the Taft I think some sort of wizards shop may be in order.

I dunno what Ill do but something......Im sooo outa whack when it comes to my minis and any of my projects. need to regroup and do something...anything mini related.

I hope everyones month is going well!

nutti :)

Today is totally and completely going to be a mini day! I want to finish off the roof on the Granville....it's missing a couple of shingles and i need to put roof caps on it. After the quick grip dries i'll put a wash on it to tone down the color of the shingles and "freshen up" the overall look of the roof. I need to put varnish on the parts i've painted with acrylic...like the foundation and the chimneys. I'll probably get started on cutting interior trim. We shall see...i'm getting the bug to work on another project! ....like i'm thinking about starting on the Garfield or getting to my Foxhall.....we shall see what mood hits after I get that roof done!

It is going to be a lazy Sunday for me. Fred had to go into work early (2 sets of twins came in this morning), and this week will be hectic. Tomorrow I meet with the garden group about volunteering, tuesday I have to go to the school, and Thurs. is the first day of school..Yeah!

Went yard saling with my friend yesterday. I ALMOST bought a dollhouse. It was a RGT house but it was in bad shape. Looked like it was dropped on the floor. The woman wanted $40 for it. It included a box of furniture but on closer inspection..most of it was broken. So I passed on it.

Have some good news. Fred got the part time job to clean a condo once a week. That money will be his weekly allowance and I will be able to save that amount in our savings account. It is a blessing. It will help with Christmas and filling the oil tank.

I think I am just going to figure out what is for dinner, water the plants outside, and watch cooking shows today.

At a yard sale I bought a framed (in glass) picture that says Celestial Botanica and it lists different plants and what they can be used for. I only paid a $1 for it. I have to sit and read the whole thing. I plan on hanging it in the kitchen.

Right after I hit the "Add Reply" button on my last post the power died. Our soil is about 2/3 sand and 1/3 pipe clay, and after all the rain & sustained 40+mph winds with gusts over 60mph, some very large trees' roots just gave up and came loose, and the trees just fell over, dragging powerlines in their wake. We had two huge ones on our road, one near the end, a mile down behind us, and the other about half a mile from us towards the highway. The power company lost a lineman Friday night when he was working to clear away a tree in a nearby community and stepped on a "live" line. Our power was finally restored late yesterday afternoon and I had a REAL bath before going to bed.

Today I'll get to cook breakfast instead of having to go out somewhere.

Today is also the six-month followup appointment where I get to go to the electrocardiologist and have them hook me up with wires to a telemetry machine and make my pacemaker jump through hoops. DH is taking me out to lunch afterwards!

I'm hoping to finish up the sleeves on a knitted baby caftan and start the trim later.

Good Luck Holly on the dr appointment.

Today I meet with the volunteers at the park. I almost forgot that I was going someplace tonite. My friend and I are going to an informational meeting about Lap band surgery. He is a local doctor. She is way more interested in it then I am. I am curious but I still do not think I am ready for that. I promised I would go with her for moral support.

3 more days till school!! WoOhOo!

Today I have to go to work gonna be along day today. Today is also my daughters birthday the BIG 10. The kids are as ready as were gonna get to start school. That is is about it for me.

Holly, am glad you didn't have more serious damage to you place. A power outage is inconvenient and uncomfortable, but at least you don't have to do anything about it besides unplugging major appliances. Also, good luck with the pacemaker check. I assume you're getting monthly telephone checks as well??? Isn't modern technology grand? :dunce:

We're going to the VA today to talk to the oncologist who diagnosed Lloyd's prostate cancer and reported it in a phone call while we were in New Orleans. "Oh, we got your results back and you have cancer. We'd like to talk to you." Needless to say, the not knowing -- what stage? what type? what to do (or not do) next? -- has been hanging over our heads for the past few weeks. Today's Lloyd's 73rd birthday. We're hoping the doctor has a nice present for him! (No matter what he says, I already have a civilian oncologist lined up for a second opinion.)

Oh ... and since we're making the long trek to Columbia, I'm bringing along some Michael's coupons. Still want to turn the Washington 2.0 into a gently haunted house, and somebody posted that M's has skeletons.