What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. My Mother, who is 89 was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer when she was 80 years old has me tell anyone I hear of with the same diagnosis this message. "If this old broad can beat it , you can too! You can and will suvive the chemo and beat it!" Please tell your wife how we will keep her in our prayers for healing. Rita

Steve, You and your wife are in my prayers.

I have been looking thru the galleries.. Not feeling like doing anything today...

I did want to work on my blogs but I feel that is a waste of time.. they are so messed up. I just cannot figure out how to do blogs and keep them looking good.! LOL!!! I think they are hard to read for some reason.. it is probably just me but I am frustrated with it. so I guess I should give up... I wanted to do a blog on the Heritage that I finished a while ago.. and organize the photos so that it looked good but I just cant seem to do it... I dont know if I am just not into it or what but I quit.!

Making Chili for dinner this evening,Zach will be thrilled !!!... and maybe going to school for a meeting about Timmys Washington DC trip.

I need to go thru my jeans and see if any of them still fit me but it is too cold, I dont want to move.!! LOL !!!

Kellee

Sending positive thoughts your and your wifes way Steve!!!!

Right now I am at the hotel where we will be staying over niight so that we are fit for fight tomorrow morning for another conference, this time regarding the new school laws and its effect on the curriculm (sp?) come January 2011.

Had once of thos craaazy taxi rides from the train station, sheesh!!! Oh well, we got here safe and sound and were happy that we had decided to not have dinner prior to lgo to the hotle.

My new lil' puter is working great, and I am trying out the hotel's internet connection :lol: and just had to check in here...

Hugs

Steve, your wife, and all of you, will be in my prayers. I know how you feel, been there with my DH. But a diagnosis of cancer does not mean what it did even ten years ago. She will be fine, you all will. Don't worry about what might be, until it is. Just concentrate on handling what needs done right now and know that it will all be worth it in the end.

Awww, Steve, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. You and she both will be in my prayers - and I know for a fact that the prayers of THIS group of people do really mean something! :lol:

Also, I've been enjoying seeing your amazing work since I came to this forum - you are one builder extraordinaire!

It is still warmish here in CT. I got bit by a mosquito this morning when I took the dogs for their morning facilities..hehehe I should be a bit cold and wearing a jacket but that is not so. There is a Tropical Depression hitting Florida today and it will come up the coast in the next couple of days. Lots of rain a-coming.

I need to do stuff but like yesterday, I feel achy (from the weather) and I do not want to do anything. I have all these plants to cut down outside..ugh. I wish I had a gardener..LOL

Well, just popping in for a breather :lol: got home last night from the conference, the taxi driver that took us back to the train station again was a star! Such a sweet and gentle mannered man, big sigh of reliefe (sp?)

Oh well, back to the minis dream LOL, I have a question about how things work on amazon.com as I have "just discovered" the other departements, as in minis. Yeah I know, I might be a bit slow on things...

The thing is that I just can't figure out the shipping thing here, ie if there is a lil' something or two I want to order, I have logged in on amazon, now what? Will I have to pay multiple shippings or is it a clump sum or???? Tired brain tried to find answers on the site but, well I couldn't really make heads or tails out of if.

Hugs

Think it depends on who is selling the items Anna. If it is Amazon direct you can choose one shipping fee and they'll send it either all together, but more often just as they get it, ie more packets, but still same one price. If an item is from amazon marketplace then you'll have to pay for that separately, but some sellers offer free postage. It'll tell you at the checkout exactly what you need to pay before you pay.

Wow, I miss a lot when we hit the road! Steve, give your wife a big {hug} (or two, or three) from me. One of my paddling/ hiking friends is beating her second go-round with breast cancer.

We got home Monday and I fell SO far behind on Forum reading I'm just getting here. We have several irons in the fire and DH has needed to monopolize the 'puter.

We always take the week after Labor Day to go camp at the beach, when no one else is there; this year we grabbed DS#3 & headed to Fernandina Beach and Ft Clinch State Park, just across the river channel from Cumberland Island National Seashore and St Mary, GA. DS is turning into a most congenial traveling & camping companion. The first full day there we all turned out after breakfast and went for a hike, first along the beach from the campground to the fort (can you say pricklypear cactus? 'Cause that's what grows there in abundance, and the spines go right through shoes!), and from the fort's parking lot we headed out along the hiking trail back towards the rangers' station. It's a little over 3 miles from the fort to the rangers' station and the trail loops down the west side of the road and a bit befroe the station it crosses the road and goes back. We got a bit over a mile from the fort (and close to three miles from the campground) and my muscles started to fatigue; so after resting for a few minutes I headed back; and because DS was ready to head back, he came with me. just as we turned into the campground road I stepped wrong somehow and watched the ground approach. Falling is why I rarely walk without my cane these days, and hike with either a stick (on the flats, like this day) or poles. Anyway, DS gave me a hand to pull myself back up; nothing was broken, I thought, and we hobbled back to the camper. My bruises have all faded, but I was the walking wounded, sore & stiff, for a couple of days. Other than a dicy weather day in Jacksonville, first at Ron Chamblin's Book Mine on US17 and then at the Academy Sports Grand Opening in Orange Park, we spent the entire week at & around Ft Clinch.

From there we went to Givhan's Ferry State Park in SC, outside Summerville, near Charleston, where we prefer to stay when visiting DS#1. It took us several days to get up with him (we got there on Tuesday and it was Sunday and over four-hour wait until he showed up!), but we found plenty to do. The park was near the water, and one of the days DH went paddling on the Edisto River and I rode my tricycle around the park. Another day we all went to Frandis Beidler Forest and hiked the Four-Hole swamp trail. The Audubon Society owns it and it's all virgin cypress swamp with a 1.75+ boardwalk hiking trail to the lake and back. GORGEOUS! but do hose down with Deet when you go. The staff are uber-nice & knowledgable. DS#1's business keeps him working 24/7. We tried to get up with his wife, but apparently she is having severe issues following the loss of her momma. We had a brief visit with him on Sunday and an even briefer visit Monday, when we waited only a little over an hour for him to show up with the kids and wind up playing with them at a local playground while he paced around with the phone in his ear, making one business call after another. Miss Grayson and Baby Boy (whom I now call Holden, since he's old enough now) are growing like the little weeds and just as sweet as a granny could wish; and pretty! Of course I'd left the cameras home...

A week ago Tuesday we went over to Calhoun Falls State Park. Our campground was on the water, and by then my le& hip were working much better, so we went paddling on Russell lake. It was beautiful, with South Carolina on one side and Georgia on the other, and when we came within sight of the railroad bridge, a train obliged us!

Thursday we headed on down to Florence Marina State Park, West of Lumpkin, GA. We hiked 7+ miles in & around Providence Canyon and visited DH's aunt & cousins. The Saturday we were there the park was hosting different events, including 1.5 hour boat tours to Grass Creek & back, and we went.

It's good to be home, I missed all of you!

For Steve & family, an extra large order of prayers and positive thoughts your way! Hope all goes well!

Work week was quiet -- which was good since a couple of my coworkers had illnesses or were dealing with deaths in the family. Took on as much of the IT/web projects while they're away. Or Bryan and I made it a point to at least visit them at the wake to offer our condolences. They're super nice folks, and it just sucks seeing bad things happen to good people you know?

Since the DC metro area got drenched -- have to postpone my (hoped) project of refinishing this old wooden cabinet we found on Craigslist. I wanted to sand and stain the wood a dark walnut for Bryan to use to store our office supplies and his music composition stuff. Also found out that our friends are throwing an engagement party for us in a few weeks, and several of our friends have asked where we're registered. Embarrassed to report that it never occurred to us to open a wedding registry -- guess the whole getting married thing hasn't sunk in! :lol:

So instead of the refinishing project, will be setting up a registry or two on Saturday. Hoping Bryan will be open to going to Sears to open one there...I'd like to put power tools on the wish list. Hoping Sunday I'll finish up on the Winston and start working on the two new roomboxes I got in the mail. *yippeee*

The rain is here from the Tropical storm. It was supposed to hit us yesterday afternoon and rain all the way until tonight. But it did not start until about a half an hour ago. It is not very windy either. We will keep an eye on the basement but I think we will be okay.

I am on a mission this weekend. It is going to be cooler and I want to cook. So I am going to make brownies for my friend that has been sick and I am going to make sauce and lasagna for me, Fred, and his friend. He will bring it over to the friend`s house to eat and watch football. Full time Italian dinner. I have to have Fred go back to the store because I forgot the broccoli rabe. I am going to be good with my starches today and tomorrow so that I can enjoy a nice big ole plate of lasagna.

The real reason I am making it is because mozzarella and ricotta was on sale this week. I think it is because of Columbus day coming up. Many Italians still have a big dinner on that day. I do not but I thought I might as well go for it...Italian sausage, meatballs, lamb shank (dang I forgot to buy the shank!), and home made sauce. On Sunday morning, I will go out and buy bread.

So I am still Fall cleaning. I cleaned the upstairs bathroom and the registers. Today it will be the downstairs bathroom and registers. I have also slowly been washing the windows. I like to have all this stuff buttoned up before at least after Halloween. So I have a month!

One of our new passions is Greek-style yogurt! Since I had to get blood drawn to repeat the cholesterol level (it was up at my semi-annual physical in July, so the doctor doubled my statin med and wanted me on it a couple of months and then repeat the level), so "we" were NPO and shoed up first thing at the office this AM. They didn't f*rt around, like usual, so I was in & out and we came home for breakfast. I made breakfast sandwiches with the multi-grain sandwich thins, fresh spinach, thin-sahaved deli ham, eggbeaters and pepperjack cheese and a bowl of All-Bran with the fat-free Greek yogurt and a pinch of dark brown sugar (most AMs we eat it with a small squirt of Tupelo honey). I'm still full as a tick!

While waiting for the order from Uncle Ernie working on all the doors for the Montclair. Sealing, sanding and getting ready to paint them. Had to repair a couple that had gotten damaged and also change the "swing" on two. Have to figure out where a couple of sconces will go. May have to add a couple of short wire tape runs to deal with them. Got out the wallpaper I have on hand and will start making some decisions what will go where. Will need to get additional pieces since I do not have enough variety to complete all the room. I think I will "place" the furniture in the rooms to give me a better feel for what to look for. I looked for a fireplace mantle to use for the kitchen to use as a surround for the Aga but with no luck, so will try my hand at building my own version.

Holly, wish I had known you were going to be in Calhoun Falls area, I would have driven down for a visit. It's only a 2 hour drive for me (actually less since I wouldn't have been pulling our little house on wheels), DH and I love that campground. We've been twice this year and plan another trip down on the 14-17. When we were down last month, I saw an otter playing in the water. It was the first one I had ever seen in RL and was fascinating to watch. He turned around to look my way as if I had called him. Such a cutie.

Going to Miniatura at the NEC tomorrow with my fat little paintstained and gluey fingers full of hard saved cash. Determined not to use the credit or debit cards this time - besides I have so much stuff waiting for Rutland Grange to be built, I'll need a second Rutland Grange to home it all so there is nothing I really NEED (haven't we all said that before) Lets see what I come back with.

Gayle, next time we go to SC it'll be to hike the Beidler trail in 'Winter and spend at least a week at Calhoun Falls, so I will call you (if I can find where I put your phone #, that is! getting older is sometimes the pits!); we were only there two nights, and that was just to check out the paddling.

We passed Lake Murray on our way, and I flashed back on a party we attended there 'way back when we used to live in Union.

Jo, I'm waiting to see what all you found for doll-making!

The reason I am still awake at this hour ...you are going to laugh. Acorns! They are falling off the oak trees in my back yard onto the deck and making so much noise you wouldn't believe it but they are keeping me awake! I kid you not my roof and deck are being bombarded steadily it sounds like gunshot! Ahhh the peace of the country...not! :groucho:

Thank you Muriel for this, I will look definitley look into this a little later, there were a some neat little garage things I have wanted for wahile and not been able to find apart from on Ebay at ridiculous shipping fees, though I know the items are die cast and heave, but ceratinly n ot as heavy as a dollhouse....

Hugs

Think it depends on who is selling the items Anna. If it is Amazon direct you can choose one shipping fee and they'll send it either all together, but more often just as they get it, ie more packets, but still same one price. If an item is from amazon marketplace then you'll have to pay for that separately, but some sellers offer free postage. It'll tell you at the checkout exactly what you need to pay before you pay.

If it is sold by another seller than Amazon it says "dispatched and sold by ......" under the price.