What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Just finished a 12 hour night shift at the ER. Man I knew it was gonna be bad, last evening of a 3 day weekend, last 3 day weekend of the summer, but this was unreal. I was in triage, they like me there when it's gonna be bad, I'm fast and don't lose it. I triaged 50 patients between 6pm and midnight. I think that's a new record. I was told by one of the nurses I work with who also does supervision that Monday evening of Labor Day weekend is the worst night of the year. I'd buy that.

Hey Marg! Hey Andrew! LTNS! *waving!*

Natalie is enjoying school. *phew*. Fred and I were working on cleaning her room today. We have the carpet cleaner to do all the carpets in the house. She has soooo many clothes! She has some of MY clothes (grrrr). So she will have the lovely job of washing all those clothes.

Now we are cleaning her room (she will do it too when she gets home later today) because she is having some Buddhist ladies over Friday night to set up her Kohonzon (Sp?) in her room. They are loaning her a cabinet for it until she can pick out the one she wants.

As many of you know, I hate dust so I am sneezing and itching right now. Taking a computer break..:)

Chelsea (grrr) informs me that we need more memory on the Mac. It IS 3 years old. I know it probably does. It has a bigger hard drive because of when the last one pooped the bed. So I ask her, "are you going to help pay for it?" NO! She says real fast.

She spends way more time on the computer then the other three of us.

I am going to have to talk to the Mac dealer up the street to find out how much it will cost for more memory (labor and parts). She WILL be forking over some cash to help upgrade the system. Oh yes she will!

My dream is to get my very own macbook. with it`s own password. That only Fred and I know. hehehe.

I have no idea what I am making for dinner tonite. I have some left over spaghetti sauce in the fridge and a salad from yesterday. Maybe leftover are in order.

I've just got no energy! I haven't done any tidying since we've been back - Chris has been doing the kitchen every day, so that has stayed tidy, but still got laundry to put away from after the honeymoon and then all the mess from the last couple weeks. But just can't make it up from this sofa! Will have to soon though, sister, mummy and niece are coming on saturday :)

Think I'll sort through the honeymoon pictures, gotta do that still and can do it from my sofa :)

We arrived at the campground at Ft Clinch State Park Tuesday afternoon and yesterday we hiked from the campground along the beach to the old fort and then picked up the hiking trail and made about a mile and a half before the heat and humidity wussed me out! It has been three months since we last hiked, so I was out of shape. DS decided he wanted to go back with me (I have been known to have strange things happen when I overtire); sure enough, when we got back to the last turn to our campsite, my right ankle turned over off the pavement edge as I stepped forward with my left foot, and I was somewhat surprised and annoyed to notice the ground appeared to be approaching, and then I hit it. So today I'm rather stiff along my left side, arm & leg, with lovely (NOT!) bruises and lumps. My right ankle is exceedingly tender from the cactus spine DH had to pull out of it at the fort, that had lodged into a vein; so today I'm the walking wounded. We visited a realtor this AM and after lunch we have set up at the local library.

DS is spending the day at the beach.

Tomorrow we're taking DS with us and riding the ferry over to St Mary, GA, to catch the ferry to Cumberland Island and do the tour and hike there. Last time, two years ago, there was no prickly pear cactus along the footpaths.

Tuesday we hit the road again.

I am still working on sanding and painting the two curved stairs for the Montclair. I also had DH drill a hole in a cupola for the Montclair and painted it. My oldest daughter had given me a beautiful weather vane for it and I finally will be able to have both together!.

Just home from teaching 2nd grade all day, and cooking dinner. Not much gonna get done after a day with 22 7yr olds. DH has started painting the living room and it's amazing how different it looks! I didn't realize how dirty that ceiling was until he put on a coat of KILZ-it was not white before, it was west Texas dirt brown! Slow going, painting around the beams, but it's going to look so much better!

I've been getting cost estimates to replace the front fender on my motorcycle. One of my neighbors backed into my bike yesterday. The doctors say he might make it. :wub:

No, I didn't hurt him. I noticed a skid mark leading about 10 inches out from my kickstand just before starting her up yesterday morning. It didn't take long to realize that a 700 pound bike doesn't move that far without a considerable amount of force, so I started to walk around it when I noticed the front fender bent into the tire. I didn't find any scratches on the tank and I didn't expect to either (you have to know how to pick up a bike this heavy if you want to get it off the ground without help). Thats when I realized it had to have been hit relatively slowly, which would indicate someone backing into it. So I walked over to the neighbor's apartment directly across from it and asked if they knew what vehicle was parked in the spot across from the bike. They called their roommate who told them he must have caused the damage. He thought the car was having mechanical trouble when it started having difficulty backing up. I guess he used his side mirrors instead of his rear-view mirror to check the area behind him. He drove up right behind the police car as the cop was arriving. He quickly accepted blame for it and offered to pay for the damages. Its hard to be mad at someone who committed an honest mistake and offers to cover the damages, so I just had the cop right a report (in case the guy changes his mind) and waived charges of hit-and-run against him.

The fender is $400 and if I have to remove the front tire I'll have to have the shop do the work (I don't have a motorcycle stand or torque wrench) for an additional $100.

At least he owned up to it and the bike was rideable after I bent the fender back out.

post-587-1284518050_thumb.jpg

We arrived at Givhan's Ferry State Park Tuesday and spent yesterday cruising the thrift shops in the nearest city (Summerville, SC). Today we discovered the Audubon's Beidler Forest and the Four Hole Swaamp Trail therein! All I can say is that after dousing ourselves in Deet, we had a most magical hike amongst the cypress kneew and tupelo gum trees. I want to come back in the spring, when al the flowers are in bloom.

I cleaned out the whole pantry..it took me all afternoon. I have 3 packages of food coloring. :) I also made the dough for the coconut macaroons. That is chilling in the fridge. I will be making cookies in the morning because Fred goes back to work tomorrow afternoon.

Whew! What a day. Me and my Mama went and visited my daughter at college today. I am exhausted, a lot of driving, 3 hours (more with me driving!) each way. She had the day all planned out. Pick her up, grocery shopping (she had a short list actually), pick up her roommate, go eat hot wings (and she had a coupon!), go to mall. Of course she suckered me and her grandma into buying her a shirt... It was a nice visit though.

Currently waiting at the airport for my flight back to Washington DC....had to attend a conference in Concord for work. Managed to finish two doll kits in my hotel room. But am definitely homesick -- looking forward to seeing my fiance Bryan, our pet ratties, my minis (of course!), and our (slowly) redecorated apartment! :)

Not (exactly) looking forward though -- the DIY projects am doing for my wedding. Found a designer through Etsy who's making templates for my wedding set, and I'll just print them out at home, cut them to size, and assemble them. Granted, not getting married till next year, but hoping this weekend I'll do a test run and see how everything looks. Bryan told me that my supplies arrived this week, so he knows that I'll be in the dining room working away with a rattie snoozing on my lap! :p

Granted, should be excited about this. But would rather work on the minis!! ;)

Found a designer through Etsy who's making templates for my wedding set, and I'll just print them out at home, cut them to size, and assemble them.

:) This sounds intriguing, but I have no idea what a wedding set is. Please elucidate! ;)

;) This sounds intriguing, but I have no idea what a wedding set is. Please elucidate! :p

Hey Kathie -- sorry for the late response. Just got in the door! (yaaay! home sweet home!!!)

Guess it's called a wedding set because it consists of the following

- invitations

- save the date card

- rsvp card

- wedding program

- menu card (if doing a sit-down meal)

- seating card

- seating chart

- thank you card

Am just getting the templates (in the form of a PDF that I can insert text) and printing them out on my printer. Looking forward to seeing my proofs!! :)

I didn't know what a wedding set was, either - so I'm glad you asked, Kathie! :)

Well, I am super grumpy today - in the middle of last night I realized I was having a nasty gout attack. Okay, my knees have been bothering me for a week or more now, my right thumb (middle joint) was swollen and sore, but then my index and middle finger just blew up and started hurting to the point I couldn't sleep. And it finally dawned on me - GOUT!! I'm prone to it, sadly, and it doesn't just attack your big toe, like the movies all show (old grumpy man with cane and bandaged foot on cushion while he keeps right on boozing...). It's been nearly two years since I've had an attack, but looking back on what I've eaten the last little while, I really was asking for it.

There's one thing you can say about inflammatory disorders - they really are closely tied into what you eat/drink, and when you mess up, you don't get away with it, it lets you know right now you've messed up.

I just wish it wasn't my "smart" working hand, my right hand....but oh, well. Soaking the affected joints in warm water helps, and drinking A LOT of water will also help - so I can see me sitting on the the you-know-what with my right hand in the bathroom sink full of warm water, and holding a glass of water in the other hand.... ;)

Oh gosh Mary -- that's awful! Hope you feel better soon! ;)

<laughs at the last paragraph you wrote> You know, I'd be doing the same thing if that's all it took! Though I'd probably borrow my friend's "beer helmet" (those hats that you strap drinks and you drink them via a straw) and strap bottles of water on them. So your free hand can be used when reading magazines (which there'll be a stack of them besides the "you-know-what")!! :)

Had a bridge fall out last weekend (a dental bridge, that is). Went to get it glued back in, but it turned out I had developed a cavity in an anchor tooth and needed a newer, longer bridge. They put in a temporary, said I'd be tender for a few days.

I've been popping 2 ibuprofins 3X a day,and last night I noticed a tiny hole in the bridge near the gumline that wasn't there before. Today my gums have been swelling up, going down, swelling back up, they're sore, I got a cold sore on my lip from the stress of the dental visit and the dentist is closed till Monday, of course. It's not bad enough to be an emergency, but it feels crappy.

I've been sitting quietly working on the beach house now and then. The swelling seems to go down if I'm still. Soon I will be hearing "what's for supper?" Chicken noodle casserole you heartless swine! I did go out and treat myself to a Big Mac for lunch. They're fairly soft to eat, contain protein and taste good.

Am goin to whine just a little as I am sooo mini deprived latley, ie as in noooo down time more or less, have been quietly reading here and there and not having much go to answer posts... This fall have been hectic, on a positive note, we have moved into our oldish new house fpr real and we are slowly going forwards with the renovations, starting on the outside as in digging around the whole house and putting in new draining pipes (not sure that is what they are called, but that is what they are doing) along with some sort of thick insulation foam-thingies) this is progressing well, we only have one side left to finish, the it is on to re-cast the new exterior basement stairs, yay!!!!

At work, hmmm, it is hectic, have a tri-divided task, ie I have a sub-principal part time (two days a week) one day a week I work with coaching other teachers in the city in computer science or rather handling the darn machines.. then the rest of the time is equally diveded between teaching Swedish as a second languge and IT support with in one school (my regular school which I have time off from to do the rest...)

OK, enough whining, things ARE settling, but work things are just taking tooooo much time latley, not enough at home time doing what we want to do so I am starting to feel just a tad grumpy... IF the weather continues like is has been behaving tha lst couple of days, I am sooo staying inside to do some mini-ing, definitley!!!

OK, sorry to vent, but... venting is soul cleansing I heard LOL

Hugs

I guess I don't have anything to complain about!

The new fender won't be available until the end of October, but the family that owns the car that hit my bike paid for the damages in full today. I just hope their friend who did the damage pays them back quickly. I know it isn't any of my business, but they're such a nice family, in a foreign country, with a young daughter, especially now when every dollar counts.

Jeremy, for some reason I always want to call you "Phil." I don't know why. :) Sorry your bike is all bashed. My best friend had the bumper of her Sunfire RIPPED OFF because some nincompoop REPEATEDLY backed into it with a U-Haul truck. She had no words to express her emotions.

I didn't do any minis today. :p Instead I dealt with a lot of bureaucratic BS, chores and then stressed out DHM and made her cry.... which made me feel like a steaming pile of poo. :p

The only fun thing I did was take the three year old to a Halloween bash thing at the consignment store to get early pick of the costumes (early pick AND on sale.) He desperately wanted me to make an airplane costume, but couldn't find the right pair of pants he liked, so he settled for a fuzzy white and brown dog. Kudos to my kid for being original and wanted to be a plane. ;)

So, now I am off to bed. We have a yard sale in the morning to hopefully get some cash together to take the kiddos to all the fun fall stuff next month.

((((Big Hugs Anna)))))

Graz, when I had the bad infection in my gumline on that one side, I was in agony. I was taking Vicodin and it did not help. Fred made me cheesy grits and it was so good. I could actually eat something. I hope the next two days go by very quickly.

Natalie and I went to a couple yard sales. I found her a quilt for her bed this time (last week I found one for my bed for $20..hand made!). The one I bought today was handmade and only $8. No stains or anything. It is pink and girly but she was there and approved of it.

Now I have to hunt one down for Chelsea`s bed. They are so warm and comfy.

Everyone has left. I am all alone right now..LOL I am kinda lonely. I could wash the dishes but eh. I do not want to! LOL

Tomorrow I have plans to plant some tulip bulbs I bought today. 10 for $7. I bought some Dark purple ones with white trim and some stark white ones. I am going to plant them over in the bed next to the patio. They will look really nice there. I seem to have an affinity for purple flowers.