What are you up to today? This week?

Real life seems to have me by the neck these days. I won't bore you with what's going on, but suffice it to say, we've been busy!

Today I needed some mini me time, so I got to work on Marie Laveau's yoyo quilt between loads of laundry. Many thanks to Gayle, who provided the yoyos! Without her generosity, Marie's quilt wouldn't be nearly so fine! The ivory bedding will go in favor of snow white linens. The top sheet will be turned back, so it will appear there is a full quilt on the bed. There were enough yoyos for a partial quilt, but that's perfect! :lol:

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• havanaholly

• KathieB

• heidiiiii

• Anna

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started laying pavers in our front yard yesterday. My DW doesn't like walking in the grass from the car to the front steps, so we're getting about a dozen pavers that look like cobblestone, each pa

The appointment with the osteo went very well. He looked, listened and paid attention and when I had questions, he answered them. And when I asked him if he saw the root cause he immediately said,

Good morning! Little Jude came ahead of his scheduled c-section date and arrived yesterday! He is so incredibly wonderful, sweet baby slept in peoples arms all day long yesterday.

Posted Images

Merci, Holly. :lol:

We're leaving tomorrow for the land of Marie Laveau. One of Lloyd's uncles is hitting the big 80 this month, and the party is Saturday. Looking forward to a long weekend of good New Orleans food and comeraderie, catching up with friends and relatives. Laissez le bon temps rouler!

we have a reprieve...they can live in their currunt place another 2 weeks and come up with all they owe and they can stay. so they only had to stay one night...and it was enough ty.

I told them yesterday I had too much on my plate to help them like that...only one working a nice 2nd income job forced into primary income....no comprehension of the stress they put on us by asking as they are used to a NO income lifestyle.

she told him last chance or she is taking the kids to CO....I told her I would help her pack!!!

she needs to be where she has back up...we have nothing to offer! zip,nada,zilch

those kids need someone to be there to back her up and we just cant do this. we are the lunkheads parents! we may not like his choices he is still our baby boy and we love him very much....but oh my if I was ever to really use the "ole castiron skillet" on his head this would be it!

UUUUGGGGGG.....of course we all know that it takes 2 to keep living like this!!! she is as bad as he is. they bring out the absolute WORST in each other!

so now it is on Jasons shoulders....will he jump up to the plate and do the right thing for the family he chose to make???

I really hope he does! and if he doesnt I am making her call her mom and get bus tickets there.

asap!!! coz I cannot/willnot have them lazing about my house....grandkids can stay...I signed Dean and I up for foster parent school just in case . what else can you really do as a parent of an adult??? stand back and hope like.... "you know what" that the fallout dont fallout on YOU!

and right now the kids are 2 young to understand what is going on...so grow up already ok?

ok vent over....

having a great day...went shopping after work....LOL...Ashley took me to the DAV because they had Tommy Hilfiger Jeans for 5$ in size 20 and 18....well I didnt get those but I did get 5 pair of jeans and a jeans Jacket that Im going to put patches all over to wear....its a Med so I figure by winter early spring it will close at the bottom as it doesnt now...LOL but fits well in shoulders. Im a bell! and I got a pair of painters pants....anyone remember those. size 22...theyre the denim womens pants they made in the 80's I had a couple of pairs and always loved how they fit!

they still fit the same! LOVE them. got some black jeans with criss crosses up the outer seam...gawd I had to have them LOL :p

Catie had some simular and I always wanted a pair...they say 20 but we say WHOSE 20 LOL

I figure they are a 14/16 maybe 18...maybe.

my daughter is threating me with "what not to wear" I told her that I spent too many years wearing the kind of clothes I HAD to wear now Im going to wear the clothes I WANT to wear and I really dont care who likes it!!! if Im happy wearing it than I sure will!!!! I told her to just be happy that I am very aware of the loose skin or she could be embaressed by her hoochy mom...coz I always like that kind of look as a young adult...LOL :lol: :p

I used to count how many days between someone comming up and asking about my dramatic weightloss....I have lost more than 80 since starting work. not everyone knows I had WLS. today I had 4 ladies stop me to ask and talk about my weightloss.

I like to share but sometimes its a bit much.

didnt realize I got up from the computer without finishing this.....so today I am off to work again....lots to do there....keeps me hoping. which is good...or at least I keep telling myself that.

tonight is the finale of so you think you can dance...I will be watching!

if I get home early enough I may take a nice swim.

have a great day yall!

nutti :wave:

After breakfast we shall finish packing out the camper (with the food for the ice chest) and hit the road for another (computerless! whaaa!) week of paddling, pedaling and just piddling around in & around Suwanee River State Park.

Oh Heidi sorry your still under the weather. I've been dealing with the coughing spells myself. Not Fun! Hope you guys feel better soon.

The cough is actually better today. Not as nagging as it has been. But the damp weather does not help how we feel. Fred is off to work anyway even though he is still not well..Men!

LOL

I have to take a couple of the cats in for shots/annual exam this afternoon but this morning i'll work on the Granville and get the exterior porch railing glued into place.

I'll have to move a doorway on the second floor of the house so I guess I may as well do that today. I'll then repaper the two sides of that wall sometime this weekend.

Yawn...still sleepy!

Hope you are feeling better now Heidi and that you did enjoy that kit you had plans for!

Come Monday I am starting back to work again so today is last real "play" day for me for this summer's holiday... Kids have another week and a half before they are going back to school though...

Am still awaiting the mailman I think, atleast i haven't noticed him being here so hopefully he will bring some goodies in the mail, have had a little splurge in minis so looking forward to receiving those as well as a few other things...

We have had slightly iffy weather on and off latley as well and we did have a glorius thunderstorm late last night and the flashes were pretty intense and it took about 2 hours until the clouds and thunder had passed us... Spectacular to look at but also a bit intimidating so to speak...

Right now I am awaiting both glue and paint to dry so am keeping myself busy as not to get paint spots on fingers....

and also trying to decide on what we will have for dinner tonight as I think I need to run out and pick up a few things for that.

Hugs

Doing better Anna..I know I said I would call the dr at the end of the week but I am feeling better enough that i do not have to. Probably be 100% by Monday.

I did the kit and the pic is in the gallery.

We are having strange weather here too. It is in the upper 60s this morning! I am loving it and enjoying it while it lasts.

Good to hear that you are feeling better, keep taking it easy though and please do keep the eye candy coming :p love your new "shelf" and itsy bitsy house!!!

It just started raining here, good thing I did got to the grocers when I did as now I can stay indoors for the rest of the day, still have some "plahy" time beofre I have to start dinner.

Am a bit bummed out as there were nothing in the mail today, no minis arriving :) but that means they must be arriving shortly :monkeydance: so I have something to look forward to when I start up work again huh?!?

Hugs

Went to yard sales with my friend. Got a huge old ceramic pig bank for a $1. But I hit the motherload. I bought a garbage bucket full (filled 3 boxes) of old bottles for $5!

I have picked thru the majority and have to clean them and do research. There are alot of them with words on them.medicine bottles, local bottles, cleaning bottles from a long long time ago. If any of them are worth a good amount, I will put them up for sale.

I am sweating and need to take a shower now...LOL

Edit: I already found out one of the bottles is worth $20..I also found out a bottle that I have had in my window for the last five years (i paid a $1 for it) is worth $50!

But alas...in this economy no one will pay the prices. Some I cannot even find..even in Kovel`s online.

Sounds like you found at least one treasure Heidi!

I had to work today. I'm relaxing now with a cup of tea and about to go make another cup. I got my bathroom set in the mail today and it matches the wallpaper in the Granville nicely! I LOVE it! i'll take photos probably tomorrow. I hope to get the exterior of the granville completed this week and a start on cuttting the interior trim.

I have the pager for work, hopefully i won't get a page over the rest of the weekend :p I just want to relax and enjoy myself :monkeydance:

I have tomatoes to share and a pig...LOL

Here are some examples of the Brandywine heirlooms that I have been harvesting..

They have very little seeds inside and they are very delicate. Very yummy. Well worth it to grow in your garden.

And here is my newest pig... (yard sale find $1)

I collect pigs of all types. He is a bank and even though he is a bit gaudy..I like him. He will hold my quarters in the future.

And here is my newest pig... (yard sale find $1)

I collect pigs of all types. He is a bank and even though he is a bit gaudy..I like him. He will hold my quarters in the future.

Awww, looks like the perfect quarter guard!!!! He reminds me of the piggy bank mum used to have, every Friday everyone's change went into that, preferrably those "golden coins" (apprx worth 2$) SHe would great daddy in the door with an outstretched hand and the phrase "feed the piggy he is hungry" and give him those puppy dog eyes... ;) hilarious to watch!!!! She even asked for that kind of change at times when shopping LOL. But they were able to save up for vacation trip that way as they allowed him to sit until there were no more room... He was a heavy pig then!!!

Hugs

Are you starting to feel better now? Hope so!

Hugs

Sometimes I think I am but then I start hacking away. I think I am going to need to call the dr office tomorrow. It is definitely bronchitis so I do not want it to roam into pneumonia territory. I am also tired of people looking at me like I am Typhoid Mary. I am able to do stuff it is just the cough (that is killing my bladder..LOL) that is getting in the way.

Sometimes I think I am but then I start hacking away. I think I am going to need to call the dr office tomorrow. It is definitely bronchitis so I do not want it to roam into pneumonia territory. I am also tired of people looking at me like I am Typhoid Mary. I am able to do stuff it is just the cough (that is killing my bladder..LOL) that is getting in the way.

Please do call the doc's then, we most certainly do not want it to turn into something even nastier!!!

Coughing, yep, can be a killer so true! With the allergies I at times have real spells of sneezing, BAAAAD sneezing, ie every 5-10 seconds or so for "while", no fun either ;) .... So can relate in a weird way.

Hang in there "Mary" LOL

Hugs

We did a yard sale today... sold a few things... made a little of the money I need to get the two unfinished houses I have been wanting.!! and got rid of alot of things we dont need.! I have the car full of stuff to go to the thrift store.!!

Kellee

Yesterday Fred went to visit his godmother. She has been talking that she wants him to drive down to her rental property this fall. Found out that it is in Wilmington, NC on five acres of land near the water. She kept bringing it up over the past year that he was to go with her (so he can drive) etc etc. I told him to go. She has no children and he is basically it. I said that she might want to go show him his legacy. Or he will just get a nice trip out of CT for a few days. Either way it is all good.

Does anyone know what this area is like?

Off to run errands and then call the dr office about my cough. Have a good day all!

Back home again after first day back to work, wowser... Tired, but it feels good anyhow to be back in gear, sort of, well you know what i mean, the first day is over and done with...

So will go upstairs and play a little with the mini goodies I got in the mail, ie after I have been grocery shopping, we are having left overs for dinner today I will only have to re-heat the veggie soup I made yesterday, that is a gooood thing LOL

Hugs

Bummer about starting back to work, but glad your first day is over with!

Today: took my Tahoe in for a new windshield, i go to pick it up in about 1 hour. Called a vinyl fence company to repair the fence. Over the weekend we had a big storm, big winds and I think it was the cause of 3 of the panels coming out of the fence. We were able to get 2 of the panels back in last night but the last one was impossible. So someone is coming out this afternoon to put the 3rd one back in place. There is also what appears to be a footprint in one of the panels so we don't know if the wind forced the panels out or if someone kicked them out. I hope it was just the wind.

I'm debating on working out in the yard today, there is so much that needs to be done out there. (weed eating, spraying weed killer). I really need to do it so why not? If i don't do it today it will only get worse.

I went to see my dad in the hospital yesterday, spent the whole evening there. He is not doing well. I won't go today but tomorrow after work i'll run up and spend the evening again. My dad has been dealing with leukemia for the past 1 1/2 years, now he's having other issues and I suspect it's lymphoma. He's having testing done today. He doesn't have a living will and told the doctor that his kids can decide what to do. When I go up tomorrow i'll have a talk with him about it, I feel strongly about living wills and not leaving things up in the air. I doubt he'll do it but if he can verbally tell us what he expects i guess that's better than nothing.

Yesterday i stuccoed the foundation and chimneys on the Granville. It's definately getting closer to completion. I will paint the foundation and chimneys a burnt umber, put roof caps on and paint a wash over the roof, and paint and install the decorative thingies that go on the railing. That just leaves the interior trim and doors to cut, stain and install and the house will be finished. Oh and then i need to polyurethane all the wood inside. Yay! I've been trying to decide what my next project will be. I've thrown up ideas to start the Garfield or the Willowcrest or even building the shell for the Glencliff. I think i'll start working on the Foxhall tho, the poor shell was started over 1 year ago and i haven't done anything with it since.

I totally forgot to share our good news. Fred does not have diabetes and his cholesterol is fine and dandy. Dr thinks his blood sugar was high because of the impending cold he got from me. (infections can raise your blood sugars). He is still determined to lose the 25 lbs. I have to go to the local gym tomorrow and sign him up..they have a special that ends Aug. 29..($49 start up, $10 a month, no obligation).

Natalie is gone until Wednesday evening. My *mother* has taken her so she can swim in the pool at her complex and take her (and her granddaughter) school shopping. Jeans..I drilled the word jeans into Nat`s brain! ROFL

So since she is gone, I have the dubious task of cleaning her room. She has so many clothes thrown about, she does not know what she owns. That way we can weed out the stuff she doesnt want anymore, know what she has, and figure out what she needs. I am not the nosy type of Mom..when I find notes I just pile them up for them to decide what to do with. Once I made the mistake of reading something in Chelsea`s room and found out she didnt like me..(that was a couple years ago)..I learned my lesson.

I wish it was payday today (it is tomorrow) so I could rent the steam cleaner. I am in the mood to do it today. Always tomorrow.

Thursday Nat is going to the hairdressing school to get her hair colored for school. Black and green..Ugh! Since it is just Chelsea and I tonite, I think I will make a veggie dinner. Maybe falafels.

Still sitting here...ROFL

Fred just left for work so I think I will get off my tookus and start working on Nat`s room. Boy oh Boy I do not want to right now. I wish I had some extra money so I could get some stuff for the Pomeroy house. I would really enjoy working on it now.

What is everyone else doing today? Cooking, cleaning, rip-van-winkling?