What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

It is official..I am sick. I am going to read a little bit and then go back on the couch. So if you do not see me around, I am trying to get all the mucus out of my head first.

I got a cold and now you can call me gimpy. Somebody left their shoes at the bottom of the stairs and I fell. Sprained my left ankle.

Going to wrap it up and relax some more. Geez!

TMI, Heidi! Hope you're feeling better today.

I want to get the stuff out from under the camper futon and all my clay stuff from under the dinette bench (I never, in all the two months, found any play time!).

We also want to go test paddle DH's pretty new kayak, but the weather has turned "unsettled" (but do we ever need the rain!).

I just put two spinach-bacon quiches in the oven... I found a basic recipe on allrecipes.com, but I messed with it a little-- okay, alot! It was for one 9-inch, but I wanted to add chopped tomato and fresh mushrooms, which would round it out to two pies, so I added an egg and some extra cheese. Didn't have dried mustard so substituted a bit of spicy deli mustard. The filling overflowed two pies and dripped on the floor on the way to the stove, but the kids licked up the kitchen floor for me, so no harm no foul. (They tend to eat first and taste later...!) We'll see how it turns out...

Put in an order to RJ's Dollhouse, rjsdollhouse.com-- 25% off, and I had been wanting some Turkish rugs. Put a second coat of paint on the shutters-- debating whether to add some decorative feature or stick to basic white. Thinking I'll stick to white since the main color of the BH is so striking. I went to the dollar store this afternoon and found some vinyl decorative table-runner, white with gold accents-- over-the-top for just about anything except for my ceiling in my BH drawing room! Also found a bamboo-style placemat that will make an interesting floor treatment. As well as some of those cheap gaudy earrings that make great additions to my bead-and-trimmings stash-- found some that look like little brass fans, might make a good fireplace screen...

I'm still in my jammies from last night.

I awoke around 4AM with stomach cramps and spent about 20 minutes in the bathroom with a towel over my shoulders because I felt chilled, I'd had a fever during the evening. Then my mouth and nose started to itch and everything in my head felt swollen. I said to myself, allergy attack!! at that moment I began to itch, so I stumbled downstairs to the medicine cabinet and hoped the allergy pills hadn't expired. They were past the expiration date, but not by much, I took one, and took the package into the kitchen in case I needed more. then I went back into the bathroom.

DH came down, having heard me mumble "allergy" as I went through the bedroom. As I sat in an easy chair downing a bottle of water and waiting for the pill to kick in he started investigating the ingredients of anything I might have eaten last night. I hadn't eaten anything new, except then I remembered I ate some Crunch n Munch, which I hadn't had for a couple of years. NOW I know that it might contain traces of pistachios, picked up from processing machines, which my box very likely did. I am deathly allergic to pistachios, which is sad cause I used to love them and wish I had eaten more of them when I could, but they were usually beyond my budget at the time.

So, after DH went back to bed, I decided to watch TV til I felt sleepy, but then I couldn't fall asleep because every time I got to that stage and my jaw loosened up I'd start to make some sort of gurgling, snoring sound and my airpipe would close up and I'd gasp for air. When I got up to check my swollen eyes in the mirror I saw I had a swollen area under my chin. When I loosened my jaw and that snoring thing sounded, I put my fingers to the swollen area and could feel it vibrating like crazy. Over the next few hours I found that I couldn't sleep, the snoring sound kept me awake every time I let myself start to drift to sleep. By noon I didn't need to worry about gasping for air, and the swelling under my chin was almost gone. I went up to bed, snored the whole time, I woke myself up several times, and by the time I got out of bed said to myself, what the heck, why get dressed now?

So I'm still in my jammies. I have a sore throat, and my sides ache a little, but am otherwise recovered.

I'm just regaining my energy after having the flu. So today I spent the day cleaning out my inlaws flood damaged house with about 20 church people. What a mess! I started in the basement which was probably my first mistake because I had to climb over piles of mucky stuff to reach the workbench I had to stand on to reach the window to throw junk outside so they could haul it to the curb. Everything was full of nasty water which splashed all over. Despite being covered head to boots the only things left are the water heater, furnace , empty storage lockers and some bolted down shelf units. The first floor is completely stripped down to the wood frame!

It was kind of like walking in a giant dollhouse deciding which walls we could remove or put somewhere else. I mean now would be the ideal time to figure this stuff out. Right? Too bad it costs so much. But we can still dream.

OMG! Graz..Are you okay now? That would have scared me to bits.

Still sick and now Fred is sick.

Here is how it starts so you all can be warned.. It starts with having to clear your throat (like a tickle) then your throat gets more sore until it basically feels like it is on fire. That does not last but a day. After that comes the coughing and the mucus...lots and lots of mucus! I have used two whole tissue boxes myself. Then the buggery nose. Not runny but full and of course you have to sneeze when there are no tissues in sight!

I am going to take it ez tomorrow but I have to clean the kitchen. I cannot take it anymore.

Jody, starting in the flooded out basement when just recoverd from flu, tsk, not a wise move on your part. Watch you don't get to feeling poorly again.

Heidi, hope you're feeling better today. I've had stuff like that,yecch. Have you tried a hot, hot bath? I swear by them. There's been times that I felt a super cold coming on, soaked in a very hot tub for an hour and the next day, nothing, like a miracle. It's like the bath steamed it right out of me.

I am fully recovered, but my throat is scratchy, an aftermath from the swelling, I hope, and not that I'm coming down with something. Now that I think of it, my sides feel funny if I take a deep breath, and there's two spots that are tender if I touch them. I wonder if it has anything to do with the allergy attack? Could be.

busy busy around here

moving stuff around to make room for the son and grandkids who are moving in. :wave:

I had high hopes it wouldnt come to this. I had high hopes that he would take responsibility for his family and work!

so its my house or the homeless shelter or whatever looser friend he can mooch off

cant let the grandbabies go just anywhere.

I wish I knew what to do with him.

gawd how I want to live in Florida away from this crazyness

nutti :)

Nutti, any chance of taking in the gchildren but not the parents? Sounds like time for tough love.

"We'll keep your children while you establish a stable situation for them, but we're not running a freeloaders flophouse." Visitation on weekends. Period."

I know it's not that easy ... and I know how you feel when a loved one doesn't rise to meet responsibilities. It's so sad.

I echo Kathie's sentiments. I don't have to worry about my grown kids coming back, they both say that though they love their father they could never go back and live with him again. He's one of those "where are you going? when will you be back? What do you want to go there for? Going with anybody? who are you going with?" It doesn't matter if you're 14 or 41

There you go, don't make it easy on him. Make him WANT to move back out into his own home.

What happened anyway?

My son is going to court because every time he wants to see his daughter for the weekend his exwife says they already have plans. She moved 200 miles to move in with her boyfriend whom she had kicked out once already for being a jerk. Unfortunately, I figure that if my son manages to find a job and apartment in that town so he can be near his little girl, her mother will bust up with the boyfriend and move back to the old town to be near her parents, leaving my son out in the cold again.

Been AWOL a couple of days, had a few hectic days, need venting, just a little everything is OK atleast now...

We started with a great thunder storm, the ligths went out and came back etc etc, then my hubby's paternal grandmother had a few health issues over the weekend and hubby's parents were away so we were there for her, things are better now but she is still a bit under the weather, last night we had this great storm coming in, more power outage (not fun!) and a sketchy internet, so I seriously contemplated on hibernating early this year!

Well, OK, venting done, now I have some catching up to do!

Hugs

We moved into a tiny house 180 miles west of the house they all left, so there's no way any of them could "come home"; when they visit they stay in the camper for a guesthouse, since, with all our hobbies, DH & I have nowhere inside the house for them to sleep!lol

OK, we both bought new kayaks this past Spring, small enough to take on rivers & streams & creeks (I love to explore...). Mine came in plenty of time for our recent trip, DH's didn't, and the outfitter felt so bad about it they loaned him one of their NICE demo boats to use. Thursday we took it back and picked up his new boat, and it is SO pretty! We took it out yesterday for a test-paddle and paddled from St Mark's, where the St Mark's & Wakulla Rivers flow together, up the Wakulla & back, about ten miles. I'm moving slow and feeling my age today, but it was great fun and we finished up with supper at our favorite eatery in St Mark's.

Today we have to run errands in town.

Tomorrow we're getting ready for another trip(!), but this one is only for a week, over at Suwanee River State Park. We want to paddle and, if it's not too terribly stinking hot, ride bikes, and spend at least one day tubing down the Itchnetucknee again (it's almost as addictive as minis!lol).

I'm making chokecherry jelly. Of course canning season always comes with the humid weather here, but today isn't too bad. There is a nice breeze blowing and I have the fan on. Seeemed counter productive to turn the ac on. Last night I made corn cob jelly. I have a collection of old cookbnooks and like to try out the old recipes. Corn has a high sugar content and the jelly, made from boiling the cobs for 10 minutes covered with water and then using the nector, tastes like a very mild honey. But having all that boiling water going in the kitchen last night was another story. Humidity was almost the same as the timep. Next up is saurkraut and pickles. Rita

Decluttering & Cleaning !!!

I am getting ready to have a BIG yard sale... I want to get rid of a bunch of stuff so I am working in Every room of the house, mostly the basement. I want to move the furniture around downstairs and make a nice area to work in...

kellee

Still sick...if it lasts till the end of the week I will call the dr office. I think it is going into my ears now.

I have bags of strawberries frozen waiting to make jam with. I have to pick up a bit more sugar for it. I wanted to go peach picking this season but I always seemed to forget. Love to make peach preserves.

It is steadily raining this morning and is supposed to be like this off and on all week. The garden will surely like it. My heirloom tomatoes are coming out wonderful. And they taste great! Last year I was spending $3 every friday to buy one big one (really big) at the farmer`s market..now i have them right here. I will take a pic then next time I pick a big one.

Fred is home sick too..he is fairing better then I. As I type this...he is washing all the dishes from last night (Yippee!)

So today I have to return a couple movies to the library and go to the inside farmer`s market for something for dinner tonite. I wish I wasnt sick because there are some good movies coming out today that we could see at a matinee but coughing is a big no-no. (Fred an I want to see Pineapple Express)

I'm making chokecherry jelly.

My mom used to can that when we were little. I remember going to pick chokecherries! Where we used to go fishing, there were large bushes...fond memories of childhood, thanks!!!!!! I never did like the jam but....

My mom used to can alot and I love regular canned cherries...delicious!

I need to run a couple of errands this morning, then i'm determined to finish off painting the trim for the Granville today!!!! I want to get the railings installed this week. I worked on it a little yesterday afternoon.

I've begun a little sacque set for "baby boy" (sometimes DDIL makes me just a tad nuts; I'd at least have a selection of names ready for the little critter by now...). Today we're packing up The Wheel House for another week's trip (using ice chests, since it can't go into the shop until after we get back). I'm glad I finally got caught up on posts before we leave again!

well, let's see, I haven't had hardly any time to go online or do minis :lol: . I don't know if anyone remembers but about one and a half months ago I went back into the work force. First job didn't work out, but I soon got another job. As the only cashier at a new liquidation store about 30 mintues from my house, so by the time I get home I'm beat and don't do much except for dinner, and a little play time with the dogs than off to bed by ten. Tuesday and Wednesday are my days off. Tuesday is usually for grocery shopping (there goes most of my paycheck), but yesterday I had to take one of my dogs (Emily)to the groomers. Not only did she need a hair cut but she also has hot spots and fleas. The fleas were newly discovered yesterday. So today I had to take her to the Vet to get the hot spots treated, she also needed her shots, and to get some frontline for the fleas and get some for the other two dogs. Bell our Italian Greyhound has what the vet believes to be ringworm, that too also just popped up yesterday. One little round scaly spot on her back. So he told me to get some Miconazole cream to treat it. It's normally used for athlete's foot but also works on ringworm. Our vet is a 40 minute drive from out house and the closest pharmcary is another 20-25 minutes from out house in the oppsite direction from the vet. So I spent the morning driving around with my ithcy spotty poodle getting her treated and picking up meds for the other dog and corn on the cob for my husband. I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow so I can relax a little...lol I still have to clean the house and do laundry.

Yikes Amy, sounds like working is less stressfull! Take it easy on yourself though and allow some "just you" time somewhere, be it only 5 minutes of doing just something for yourself.

Hugs

Miconazole cream to treat it. It's normally used for athlete's foot but also works on ringworm.
That's because both conditions are caused by the tinea fungus. Really wash your hands well between dogs, to minimize reinfecting them or yourself & other family members. We schoool nurses fought a losing battle with the schoolboard about sending children home with nits in their hair when their little bodies would be covered in ringworm!

Anna, thanks for the advise of taking 5 for myself... that's what I'm doing right now.

Holly, Thanks for the advise, I lost time of how often I've washed my hands today. I know that it can be passed on to humans and other animals. It's just creeping me out. Bell only has a small spot and we've already treated it so maybe it won't get too bad. Keeping my fingers crossed.

and after all the running around with the dog, I forgot that we needed milk. So I had to run back out to the store, which is 20 minutes away from my house. That was another hour of my time today. I can't wait to get back to work...lol