What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I have the rest of the bedroom doors in clamps and paint drying on the window frames for the Fairfield, and this afternoon I want to try making the HBS catalog 1:12 sink Emily wants in 1:24 for my little FF kitchen/'/ pantry.

We have been invited on two paddles this week. "Black Friday" we've been invited to paddle across Indian Sound and around to the Gulf side of St Vincent's Island to play & explore (red, shell 'til I drop). Depending on the winds, tides & current and the number of power craft out there it ought to be a great paddle.

Sunday one of our favorite paddles down the Econfina Creek is being planned. It's a gorgeous spring-fed creek that wends its way down to Deer Point Lake & North Bay, N of Panama City, FL, but we almost never paddle that far down. It's a great "beginner" paddle because it's slow and easy and no great technicalities.

He came He came!!

Marcus has arrived today. Yay!! Gina finished him. Unfortunately, I cannot find the camer right now. Back hurts and do not want to look for it. When I find the camera, I will post a picture.

Thank You!

Heidi, what a great little visitor to cheer you up. His (and Gina's) timing is impeccable! :p:(

I've forgotten his story. Where will he be living?

I still have not found the camera. I will have Fred search it out in the morning. He will be living in the Marquam Hill Mansion with Madeline. She is light skinned and he is also but a bit darker. I had to pack all of the MHM interior away because of Oliver. Hoping in the coming months he will start to lose interest in the house and I can decorate it again.

OMG I do not know what to do

Chelsea is miserable and wants to come home NOW. She has been holding it in about how she really feels. She was crying when I told her that I could not get her a flight because of thanksgiving!

What am I going to do??

This is not like a whiny 20 yr old wanting to be with Mommy. She is in Tennessee.

I rearranged the sitting room today! The RL one that is. Was quite tedious at points - we've got three book shelves that all needed moving. One has about 450 dvds on it, the other two are full of books and games. Cleared off one shelf of dvds and then very slowly and carefully managed to move it with the rest on, but had to empty the other two bookshelves as they needed flipping upside down. Also had to unplug the dvd/sky boxes as I moved them and the tv around a bit. Anyway, now the sofa is out of the draught, everything is in its new place, my new house has a place to wait until I'm ready to continue with it, and my elephants have a display place. Got to tidy the odds and ends away that always seem to accumulate when I tidy, the things that don't have a proper place yet, or that I can't at the time be bothered to sort and put away!

post-2387-1259015098_thumb.jpg

P.S. This doesn't include the stuffed toy elephants that are in our bedroom :(

Bless me and pack of gum.

I got her a non stop flight tomorrow night. My friend and Natalie are going to go get her at the airport. It cost her an extra $150 but the kid was gonna lose it. She lied to us. She really did not like the situation she was in. She is an intern and they worked her hard on the land. She was treated like an intern. I am her Mom but I am also a compassionate human being. I could hear in her voice that she was at her breaking point.

Once she called back and I told her she was coming home tomorrow night..she started to relax. Told her to buy herself a book at Border`s in the airport, get a snack, and read try to read on the crowded 2 hour flight home.

You DO NOT KNOW HOW BADLY I WANTED A CIG!!!

OMG!

I was going to hobble to the 7-11 if I had to! But Fred talked me down from the snipers post and I am better now.

She will be coming home and I will find out what really happened. Make her some food. Turn on the heat. (she was freezing there) and get her back to her old self.

I am not in pain or do I have insomnia. Well, maybe a little bit. I woke up to a nicoPatch nightmare that Chelsea forgot her boarding pass....even though she has ticketless travel..LOL

I will be a semi wreck until she gets home tonite. Poor kid needs to sleep in her own bed and rest her overworked bones.

Heidi, I guess I have forgotten, but what is Chelsea doing an internship in?

She has been heavily learning about farming and sustainable living the last few months. She also wants to work with children..maybe go to school to be a teacher.

This was a chance to learn about winter gardening (greenhouse, cold frames, etc).

I think the work finally got to her..she had to do lots of hands on and she had been doing it steadily for the entire month. Plus it is cold at night, no one she knows...She is a strong girl but not that strong I guess.

Fred is going to launder her comforters at the laundramat this morning (i cant do it) and get some veggies for her for tomorrow. We thought we had another week and had not finished her room.

Fred was going to clean the carpets (including hers) on Friday.

I am just glad that I had the extra cash to pay the extra on the ticket last night. She has the money but I do not access to her account until this morning.

I am thankful that there was a seat available on the non stop flight home tonite for her.

I will give her a big big hug when she gets home.

/

Chelsea is at the airport and she is checked in. She was dropped off very early because her driver had a root canal appt at the dentist in Nashville. So she bought some food for lunch, and is picking up a couple books at the bookstore in the airport.

She sounds sooo much better in her voice and I feel so much better inside. I told her to hang out, buy food when she is hungry, dont care about the cost, get a couple books to read, and people watch!

The time will go by because she has her phone and she can text her sister too. She is going to buy the book based on the new movie Precious. Natalie and I both want to read the book when she is done! She will get engrossed in the book for sure.

She wants to go to the grocery store tomorrow. She wants to get food because she wants to cook something for Thanksgiving. So we will have Vegan and Chinese food..LOL

Even after they've gotten all grown and flown the nest, so to speak, they're still your babies and you still fuss & fret over them!

We did a town day and had lunch at the little Columbian restaurant we've been "meaning to try" for a couple of years! now; it was wonderful, me gusta muy mucho! Does anyone have a recipe for basic arepas? Our favorite Salvadoran eatery was in Winter Garden, near Orlando, and last time we went they were gone, a Mexican restaurant had taken their place and it just is not the same: and the Peruvian place we used to like for lunch at the shops near the junction of Ox Road and US1 in VA had gone. DH & I have discovered that all Latin American food is not the same!

Well, I am up this early waiting for a plumber to come in about an hour. Evening before last I'd run my garbage disposal and got some dishes soaking in the dishpan, went off to do something else for a few minutes and my next door neighbor knocks on the door. "Um, is your kitchen sink stopped up?" he says. Looked and yes, indeed it was - again. Our kitchens are back to back, therefore sharing plumbing, and this is the third time this has happened to us in the last seven months. UGH!! Standing water and completely plugged up kitchen sinks for both of us!

I was lucky enough to catch the manager on his cell phone just before he got on a plane yesterday morning to be gone for a week, so he called the plumber, who eventually called me yesterday afternoon. Said he couldn't come that day, but how about in the morning? Fine, I said - both I and my neighbor are early risers. Never occurred to me the guy would be willing/wanting to come at 6:30 a.m.!

But after a day and a half of not being able to run water in the kitchen, I'll be glad to see someone who can FIX the darn thing anytime he wants to show up LOL! Somehow washing dishes in the bathroom sink just doesn't cut it.

Worn out - workshops every day from 9:30 - 6:00 and two of them are in London this week which means I tag an extra 2 1/2 hrs travelling time each way. I'm too old for this nonsense.

Still - going on a break for a week next week - to check out the house in Cyprus. Had a phone call from the lady who is making my curtains - she was supposed to hang them today but said the house wasn't clean enough - builders have been in and the cleaners didn't clean up. We are supposed to be staying in the house for the first time next week - so far - no water - its dirty - no furniture and no curtains and the developer won't answer my calls - oh joy. I would advise anyone - unless you are loaded (and we definitely aren't) consider v.v. hard if a holiday home is worth the hassle and expense. This recession means that we can't sell it on anyway and so far its just a house in a country far far away that we can't really use much. I wish I'd thought it through better before we bought - after all you can only live in one house at a time.

I apologise if that sounds like a really ungrateful rant but its getting me down now.(and I resent any time spent there cos I can't take my dollhouse)

Maybe things will look better next year - keep buying the lottery tickets.

Stayed up too late last night looking at christmas present/wedding present ideas (ie le creuset pots and pans collection ;) ) and then having to hang up loads of laundry. Now it has caught up with me and i'm really tired! Would go to bed, but Chris is out and his phone's going straight to voicemail, so I assume he's out of battery... It has happened before that he has missed the last bus back, so gotta stay awake in case he calls for a lift :( But I've got my jammies on, teeth brushed, meds taken, ready to sleep when he gets in!

I did have a very productive day at work today, got through much more than I thought I would. I am hoping I can do some getting ahead during part of tomorrow for next week when it will be madly busy otherwise. We'll see.

Big yawn!!

Hope you manage to get things a bit sorted soon Jo! Hope your drain is fixed Mary!

Got the drain fixed, but the poor plumber had to bail and bail because water (nasty, smelly water!) kept coming back up into my sink from the main pipe - UGH!! Then he had to snake practically all the way out to the street, sigh. Honestly, it smelled so bad I had to go outside for a while and then lit incense while I scrubbed the kitchen and then the bathroom, where he'd had to dump all that nasty water. There's just not enough $$$ in the world to get me to do what plumbers do - before he came to my place, this poor guy had to deal with an overflowing toilet in a restaurant.

Hats off to all the plumbers in the world!!

Anyway, now to settle in with a couple of new movies and some nice hot cocoa, with maybe just a little Bailey's Irish Cream....;)

Was able to leave work early, get the apartment cleaned, and just placed the orange caramel flan in the oven to bake for tomorrow's thanksgiving dinner. Hoping to relax a bit by reading the posts on this forum before going back to finishing the Winston dollhouse. Still waiting on the wallpaper to arrive, but guess I can start working on the floors huh? ;)

As for the Winston dollhouse, need to get it "move-in" ready before the holidays. Won a gentleman doll on eBay UK and decided he'll be the new occupant (haven't named him yet -- BF refers to him as "the Widower").

post-4852-1259193189_thumb.jpg

We took the dog to the spa (aka the vet) to board, drove to Columbia (70 miles one way) for Lloyd's appointments at the VA (all's well), hit Hobby Lobby for a few things, Michael's for one thing, Petco for dog food, then home. Baked a pecan/apple/caramel cake and have two pumpkin pies in the oven. Need to pack for the long weekend in Des Moines. I did get the extra bolt boards and fabric cut last night, so I can take them along, as well as some hand work on a couple of quilts.

I'm going to have to dig out a very minute amount of poly clay to make a spigot & two tap handles for a very tiny kitchen sink tomorrow, also the drain pipe, since the one I cobbled out of a cut up paper clip & seed beads wouldn't stick to the bottom of the sink basin (but I did succdeed in getting great globs of super glue on my hands & fingers...). DS#3 is here, he helped us polish off the meatloaf and decided he likes mug cake. I also noticed that La Casita has no kitchen sink... hmmm.

Yesterday on our town day we got by Hobbytown USA and I picked up another HO culvert (the box says TWO, we'll see) for the bedrooms in the inside-out Fairfield. I also got some grass sheets to landscape the Fairfields and introduced the store manager to the Greenleaf home page AND forum. I also found some wallpaper for both the Fairfield and Mildred at Jo-Ann's (AKA scrapbook paper).

I'm making stuffed French toast for breakfast, DS hasn't had it yet.