What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

11 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

Just posted a bunch of eye candy to my needlework album. I finally got the camera figured out! Yay. Now I can bombard as I go instead of all at once. I think I just posted 13 pictures...just so you can see how cross eyed I've been getting, lol.

Amazing work Cynthia

Thanks everyone! These are the results I've been working on since March, really. More to come soon, I'm about a 1/4 done with the Renoir. I took on another little chunk of color tonight, but quit early, my eyes were a little tired. Dinner last night was so good, Dad was able to barbecue some chicken because the midafternoon shower blew off and it cleared enough for him to light the charcoal. Dinner tonight was some beef chili, bread and butter and salad. Not sure about tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I'm baking catfish fillets on parchment with lemon juice and cracked pepper and serving them with parmesan cheese grits casserole garnished with black olives and steamed brussels sprouts.

Yum!!

Hopping around on the stitching, working with one color. Going slow, but enjoying the process. Afternoon showers predicted became evening rain instead. Errands to run tomorrow morning. Dinner tonight was tasty roast beef, not sure what I'll have tomorrow. Working on another design, this for a British Regency parlor. I'm thinking of a beautiful wallpaper I found in cream and pale green with classical kind of figures on it. A bespaq parlor set upholstered in a cream stripe. A coffee table with a faux marble top and lyre figured legs. I just bought a beautiful cream colored fireplace with all these classical flourishes carved on it. I'm also working on adapting a Janet Granger rug design from her book, the Italian carpet, called Isobel, and instead of square, I'm making it rectangular. Also, changing the colors to three soft mahogany browns, cream, and pale green to match the feel of the room. Lighting is something I'm still pondering.

We went out for Vietnamese last night and had rice vermicelli bowls.  I'm stitching a 1:1 picture of the Smithsonian castle to use with the sampler I finished to recover one of our throw pillows.  I think I'll take chicken thighs out to cook for supper tonight.

25 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I think I'll take chicken thighs out to cook for supper tonight.

I read this just minutes after taking some chicken thighs our of the freezer. I think I will cook mine using the roaster/broiler top for my Instapot. How will you fix yours?

24 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Everyone in the path of these two, Marco & Laura, stay safe!

Amen!! My heart hurts when I see reports of thousands having to flee the fire areas in California, and now the potential of major evacuations from the hurricane-targeted area. I have to wonder: where do all of the displaced find refuge in this Age of Covid-19?  Bless the firefighters, first responders, and all of the folks who protect us from the ravages of Mother Nature. 

We put Bahama shutters on all our windows first thing when we bought this house.  We are far enough inland to stay put, and the last time it rained hard enough to flood, we and our nextdoor neighbors on the right and our neighbors across the street had no problems.  We brought our generator with us from Havana (FL), so we're good to go.

• Like 1

Did some more stitching tonight. I think I've finished another two colors, still 12 or so left, but I'm definitely closer to half done with the pattern. Tomorrow I have the doctor again, just routine. Dinner came out great, parents were happy with my cooking and I have enough leftover to have on Friday when the parents have fish for their anniversary. Tomorrow I might have a tv dinner just to make things easy for myself.

Yesterday was our last hot summery day, this week they're calling for temps in the 70's, fall weather arriveth - and my desk chair started squealing like crazy with every turn. Yesterday it was fine. All summer it was fine. Now it screetches and they say you can hear it all over the house. Farewell sweet summer. :bye2:

I just keep stitching...can't wait to finish the Renoir. It's super detailed, I'm stitching on silk gauze again. This one is a little different though. The gauze is very soft and floppy, and it's this golden color which is harder to see against than the white I've used in other projects. So, progress is slower than I'd like. Dinner was a tv dinner, tomorrow we're roasting a chicken. I keep tweaking my design plans, such fun. Doctor's visit went ok, except they told me I gained 2 pounds. Just have to work harder, I guess!

Tonight we had cashews, chicken shwarma and chard with rice and I prepped the chard differently (for me), separating the leaves from the stems, then I cooked the chopped stems with the diced sweet onion I was caramelizing whilst I diced the chicken pieces, then added the chicken pieces and seasoned them with the shwarma seasoning and tossed in the cashews; and whilst that was cooking I rolled and sliced and chopped the chard leaves and after I'd tossed the rice into the pan with the chicken, etc, I added the water and gave the pan a swirl and added the chard, covered it and let it cook until the rice was done.  The hubs gave it five stars.

Switched back to a color I realize I was only half done with. Stitching proceeds apace. I'm slightly more than half done. Dinner was roast chicken with jasmine rice. Starting to get a few things I bought from the online mini show. Today this darling figure of a white rabbit dusted with mica glitter came which I plan to use in an Easter scene. Yesterday some pretty paper caladium leaves came for me to make potted plants with. I have one more package coming, maybe by Saturday?

I'm on the last color of the 1:1 picture of the Smithsonian castle I'm going to pair with my "Be the woman" sampler to recover a small pillow.  Tonight I steamed a root veggie medley, beets, white carrots and Yukon gold potatoes to serve with some grass-fed Australian steak our co-op had on sale.  First time the hubs & I have had fresh beets; wowsers!