What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Sorry for your loss, Jeannine.  I'm glad you got to see her before she passed.

Last week I took a break from home repairs and rode to the Sarasota show.  It has quite smaller than the last time I went a few years ago, but it was good to see so many familiar faces and great pieces.  I really liked a modern bunk bed that was there, but it didn't look to scale, so I didn't buy it.  I did buy a cocktail tray with oysters on the half-shell and shrimp. 

Jeannine,it is good to hear you are pretty much recuperated from the trip. It may have been stressful, but I'm sure you are content that you made the effort. I'm sure your son was glad to have you there. 

Jeannine {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Heigh ho, I was on Reddit for 3 whole weeks and got banned on a subreddit. So much for being in a place where I was "supported and could speak my mind". LOL I was spending way too much time there reading the posts, though, so I deactivated my account. I need to do something mini!

We’re in Paris this weekend to see a friend who just had a baby and also to see the band we saw on our second date! The band is called Cake and they are kind of an indie rock band. Im not sure how to describe them. They had a couple songs that got big but we love all their stuff. Gosh I cant believe that was 21 years ago. It makes me feel old to talk about how long we’ve been together :D

Jeannine Im so sorry to hear about your DIL. Im glad you were anle to make it over even though it took the wind out of you.

On 12/01/2019, 15:35:08, havanaholly said:

Hurrah!  Mike is back and building again!  Just goes to show even ca can't keep a good miniaturist down.

A belated thanks.....great to be working again.

p.s. I did make several 'quotes' to include everyone on these thanks but I just might have sent something crazy.......it's still loading!

Too cold to work in the garage/workshop today as the temp is 9* and the windchill makes it feel like 0 degrees :(  Everybody else has been crankin out the eye candy though.  We went through a bit of a draught on here and now everbody has got something good to show.  Very exciting.  

@Shareb A red Birman!?   How wonderful!  Years ago we had a Birman and he absolutely became our favorite cat ever!   And I do hope you were able to find some time to rest and recover after all of that housework!  Nothing exhausts me and my Fibro more! 

@SewMini CAKE!  LOL That was one of my kids' favorite bands when they were in high school!  (ugh...yeah, over 20 years ago...am I really that old?)

As for me, tomorrow I am taking my mother to the hospital for the surgery to implant a pacemaker/defibrillator.  She has a long history of A-fib which has gotten considerably worse in the last 2 years.  It is supposed to be bitterly cold - and dangerous for older folks to be out.  Greeeaaaat.  She's liable to have a heart attack before she even gets in the door!  Anyway...we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

My a-fib has developed since getting my pacemaker replaced, so I don't know if my next one will come with a defibrillator.  I'm not real happy about taking a blood thinner, but I'm not a happy camper when it comes to taking pills, anyway.

@jbnmini - Hah!  Didn't know you could tag people like that!  Yes - we have three Birmans now - a seal pt, seal Tabby and this little red boy.  We've had three previous Birmans as well.  They are a fantastic breed and we love that we know what we're getting with them.  As far as Fibro goes - I've been surprisingly good over the last couple of weeks even though these past two weeks have been very busy!  We're having a heat wave here and unfortuntely Auckland gets pretty humid so I'm sure that doesn't help.  Thank goodness for air-con even if it's just in the living room, and our swimming pool!!!!  Good luck with your mum - while we're sweltering down this half of the planet I know you lot up there are getting the other extreme!  We have good friends in Wisconsin who are really feeling the chill!!

• Like 1

You are right Rebecca, Birmans are a super breed. We had Chinchillas for many years but I have been catless for a lomg time now.. I miss them too.

What am I doing today or this week..well not much and it is starting to get me down I need to get my head cleared, so much has happened over the last year that I seem to have lost some get up and go.I am knitting when sat down not very exciting bit at least occupied. I am still trying to get my work room the way I want it but I don't seem to very motivated. I won't work on any minis in a disorganised room so I need to pull myself together and get going. Oh dear what a moaning post and I have no reason to moan.Why do I complain when my problem is I have too much of a lot of things..that is terrible. Nuff about moaning. I am going to give myself 1 week to finish the long black jacket I am making then on with the workroom... there I have given myself a hand slap and a week to get a grip.

• Like 4

I haven't been feeling much like miniature building lately, and am trying to get myself to finish my stone colonial. I'm having eye surgery the end of February, a double blepharoplasty, so I don't know how long it'll be before I can do mini work. My upper eyelids have drooped enough that my vision is being impaired, so insurance will cover the cost of raising them back to normal, and  the bags under my eyes have gotten worse over the decades, so the surgeon will take care of that too, but I have to pay for that part. At least the surgical facility gives you a price break if you do it all at once. I'm a bit nervous, but have been avoiding thinking about it.

• Like 1

I have picked up someone's nasty cold germs and my immune system is kicking their butts; so I'm not terribly symptomatic, but have absolutely no energy right now,  I'm just thankful we got our flu shots!

On ‎1‎/‎02‎/‎2019‎ ‎2‎:‎29‎:‎48‎, Thimble Hall said:

I won't work on any minis in a disorganised room so I need to pull myself together and get going. Why do I complain when my problem is I have too much of a lot of things..that is terrible. 

Totally understand Jeannine!!!!  I find it really hard to work in a messy area as well so after each 'stage' I feel the need to clean and tidy before starting the next stage!  And I have the exact same problem - I am very fortunate to be able to buy what I want when I want (in moderation of course and I'm not talking huge dollar value) so I have in the past, bought things that I already have somewhere in my stash!  I'm talking mostly art and craft supplies! :D 

On ‎4‎/‎02‎/‎2019‎ ‎5‎:‎51‎:‎31‎, grazhina said:

I haven't been feeling much like miniature building lately, and am trying to get myself to finish my stone colonial. I'm having eye surgery the end of February, a double blepharoplasty, so I don't know how long it'll be before I can do mini work. My upper eyelids have drooped enough that my vision is being impaired, so insurance will cover the cost of raising them back to normal, and  the bags under my eyes have gotten worse over the decades, so the surgeon will take care of that too, but I have to pay for that part. At least the surgical facility gives you a price break if you do it all at once. I'm a bit nervous, but have been avoiding thinking about it.

It's amazing how quickly the human body repairs itself and it'll make such a huge difference that it will be completely and utterly worth it.  You can't help but be anxious but hold on to what you want as the end result and that will somewhat help!  It's always the worst before you have the procedure and then afterwards you sort of relax and think well now I just have to heal and the pressure is off!  Fear of the unknown.  Positive vibes coming your way. xxx

Well today I start an art course!!!  I am so excited about it!  It's not far - about 25mins from home and it's 1 1/2 hours a week for 8 weeks.  I can focus on drawing, painting or sculpture - or all three!  It is just so wonderful that now that the kids are older I can do things for myself!!!  :cucumber:

Well I finished the calf length b]ack pure wool cardigan;/coat I was knitting tonight so that is part 1 of my makeover.. I have got all my ceramic doll molds out of my linen closet and now have them packed in 10 plastic boxes that are on a shelf in my workroom, Next job is box all the many Petite Properties kits in identical boxes and get them on th putting them asidi to donate them to somethimg. All my cardmakind stuff has gone, all my cake making stuff has gone and all my pergamano has gone so thet leaves a good few boxes empty and gives me more space to get things organised. so I am making a difference, but I am soo so tired.

• Like 1

Grazhina, I hope your surgery goes well. Try to relax and not overthink it is the advice I most often hear.....from people who aren't having surgery:giggle: The two for one at a discount sounds is nice. I love a sale

Jeannine, I can certainly relate to being tired. every time I get out my minis to do something, it takes so long to find what I want that I lose my motivation by the time it's all ready.  Organizing definitely helps me, so I have set myself a goal of being organized and getting back to minis by the end of spring. I certainly hope my Ziva and her new sister Zoey won't be too intrigued by all the tiny pieces, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen:rofl: