What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Well today I'm trying not to chew everyone's head off. I"m feeling just a little "sensitive" today! Must be my geriatric self coming out with a new form of PMS........

As to what I will be doing - I will be working on the Lisa today - even more..... I've decided I won't be joining the bungalow , but will be making an L-shaped house on a table with the Lisa joined just at the edge to the Bungalow kitchen wall, enabling me to put a window in the kitchen over the sink....and put a Garden Gazebo so that you see ghrough it..... this seems to be a better arrangement. At least I like it! I will also be planning out the electrical grids for both dollhouse. One needs sconces and a chandelair in the dining room, an outside light so the wee ones don't trip over the doorstep like their creator did.

Anyway that's my day, and I'm sticking to it!

Today I am cleaning the living room and putting plastic on the windows. The oil delivery came early (great!) so all we need is a bucket of sand/salt for the maybe Nor`easter that is coming up the coast on Sunday.

I am also making the LAST batch of peanut butter buckeyes for 2010..plus I am making chocolate covered pretzels. I am a maniac! LOL I am enjoying the fact that I can stand and make these confections that i have not been able to do in so long.

Everyone that gets them are enjoying them immensely. I am happy about that.

Okay...my break is over. More dusting to do.

Upholstering the 1:24 settee. While the plumber has been here DH went upstairs to keep out of the way and has rearranged my workshop for me, wasn't that sweet? And what fun I'm having finding where he put things!

Got back from Cyprus about 30 mins ago and guess what was the first thing I did - yup - check out the forum. I did have connectivity on my phone but each page takes so long to load and is so tiny I didn't get to check much out. Flew back over a pure white Romania, Austria, Hungary and Germany - snow as far as the eye could see. When we got to the Netherlands and UK it was rain clouds which made for a rather bumpy ride. Glad to be back home.

Welcome back Jo :)

As for me... I got a haircut yesterday. I'm knitting another scarf. I am planning to make a family of moogles to live in The Buttercup (Kupo!). Been cutting boards for the Victorianna. And finally, I have been working out on my elliptical machine. I was sick for about a week so I am just getting back into a normal routine.

Welcome Back Jo! No snow since you've been gone, but more due in the next couple days :) Hope you warmed up well and enjoyed yourself!

Got some of Chris' colleagues over tomorrow afternoon before his work christmas party. One is staying the night. So gotta do some tidying - boooooh!

They're all teachers and the school day finishes at 3:45. As it is the last day of school they'll basically be finishing at 4. Most of them live further away, so they're having the dinner start at 6:30! We close work at 6, 25 minute drive to the Pub, no time to get changed or anything :banana: Hope Chris remembers to keep me a nice accessible seat!

Still no heat here. :) I had a feeling that the part we waited a WEEK for wasn't going to work. Now he's ordering the part my husband and dad said it was all along. Grrr. He is putting a rush on it, and will come out tomorrow evening to put it on so we don't have to take off any more work.

Brennen is still fevered, but it comes down with ibuprofen. So I guess he will miss another day of school tomorrow.

No plumber again, so I guess the other lady's still in hospital. I've begun cutting out 1:24 armchairs. The upholstered furniture book I was using to scale down the furniture has "gone" somewhere since DH's "tidying" fit, and he can't find it for me!

The snow has really slowed our renovation on the bathroom this week but the guys are good and show up faithfully each day. They have to come quite a distance and so get here later and have to leave earlier because of road conditions. I have pretty much finished the whole house cleaning rather like a "spring" cleaning. Have no idea why I suddenly got so ambishous. Some of the gifts I ordered have arrived but I am still waiting on quite a few and sure hope they get here in time for Christmas. After I finish the decorations I will have to tackle my work room that is now a total mess as I pulled a lot of my projects and such from all over the house and consolidated them there. I really want to get back on some of the UFPs I have and are sulking behind the piles of supplies.

Welcome back Jo!

I've been scraping ice off my motorcycle saddle every morning this week, but it's getting back up to the mid-70's tomorrow, so no worries.

Getting the finishing touches put on the Tudor's interior living room wall (pics coming soon) and sketching out ideas for the exterior door.

We've had snow! <_< Yay!!! Friday morning woke up to a couple inches snow. Drove into work slowly and carefully - slushy roads. Once I got to work it started to snow again, quite heavily. So I enquired about what I could do if it got worse, ie what time we could shut and I could go home, and in the process found out that the usual pharmacist in my home village Cheddar was actually off sick, so chances were it was a locum from a nearby city who potentially would appreciate being closer to the motorway at the end of the day! So we switched shops and I got to spend the afternoon in the one that is two minutes walk from home from me. More snow was forecast, so on the friday I'd also asked if maybe I could switch and do cheddar again, cause if it was worse than friday morning I wasn't going to risk driving to normal work. So over friday had probably another 3 inches or so fall, and then overnight maybe another 3-4 inches. Even the main road through the village was snowy this morning on the way to work, and by 1 was still compacted snow/slush in many places. No more snow forecast tonight, gotta go to usual work tomorrow, so roads should be fine for that tomorrow.

I do like snow!

Normally build a snowman, but after work was just too tired - long busy day on feet. Chris has built most of one with snow from shovelling, just needs a slightly bigger head and the eyes, nose, mouth and hat and scarf :giggle:

The last couple of years have been quiet minimal ones regarding Christmas decorations. This year I actually dug out my collections of angels and Santa Clauses and after unpacking them today set them out all over the house. I had forgotten how many and how beautiful they were. Sort of nice to see them.

The bathroom reno is almost finished. Just some painting and hanging the towel bars and life can get back to normal.

The last of my gift orders came today so now I have to do some wrapping. Cards tomorrow, I know they are late but heaven help me I never get them out on time. It has now become a tradition! LOL!!!!!

today i cleaned/tidied the craft room....i see floor!!! and desk top!!!! :giggle:

was home alone all day :(

fiddled with some minis <_<

emptied some houses and put them away...such a cleansing feeling!!!! too many houses in too small a space ...it feels good!!! :D

All in all a fabulous day!!! :p

Holly, did you find the missing book so you could finish the chairs?

What is it about tradespeople in general? I called a half dozen carpenters and handymen recommended by several people. Only one returned my call. He was here within 24 hours. I'd explained what needed to be done (a doorway widened and new door installed) over the phone. He said he'd come "take a look" but arrived with tools and materials and a helper and had the job done in less than an hour, including going to Home Depot for the new door. He charged fairly and wouldn't accept a tip for himself or his helper. He'll be back after New Year's to do a minor bathroom renovation.

Linda, where did you put the empty houses? Which ones are now on display? The double Beacon Hill?

Not yet, Kathie. I wound up making them without arms and they look pretty good. I upholstered the two in the parlor in the same fabric as the settee and it helps. I used one of the White Orchid dormer window punchouts for a table top and cut down a golf tee for the base and painted it to go with the parlor furniture (gilt) and ASA the paint's dry on that the parlor is DONE! I also went a bit berserk with the cream silk upholstered chair and gessoed the backs of the pieces for the back & seat and freehand painted a spray of flowers in an urn for the back (without using my loupe! just "eyeballed" it) and it turned out; I chickened out doing the seat, though.

I remembered a project from one of the mini magazines I have been wanting to do for over ten years, at least; a 1:24 riding toy, and since it's so easy-peasy I decided to make that before starting the beds & furniture for the last two bedrooms.

Home sweet home. Lots of snow still around with icy slush on many of the roads, even the busier ones. Got tomorrow and Tuesday off. Thought we had dentist tomorrow, but wasn't sure what time, so pulled out the appointment card and it says April 11th <_< So guessing we don't have an appointment tomorrow! Will try and reschedule it for earlier than April as we're busy that month, but nice not to have to go now. Will visit my old work colleagues instead tomorrow and see if we can find a new mattress :giggle:

We went to the grocery store for the last-minute prep stuff and I made a batch of fresh cranberry-orange relish that's now chilling in the camper fridge. Tomorrow, if the weather's like today, I'm going to make pies (mincemeat, pecan & sweet potato). I'm also thinking about making a buche de noel. I haven't baked like this for mini, mini years! but DS' friends he feeds will enjoy it, too!

Now I'm on my way upstairs to play with the 1:24 riding toy.

Christmas tree and lights up and decorated - we haven't yet collected many ornaments - and Shepherds, Kings, Mary, Joseph and Donkey are making their way across the vast white table to meet the Angel in the stable under the tree. Moved The Grand House - official new name of Mornington Mews - so now it needs a good clearup where everything fell over.

Will need to clear out my book shelves very soon. I don't tend to read books more than once, but do tend to keep them for ages before passing them on to the charity shops. Now I need room for my mini studio, so it is definitely time to clear a space! Could do it now, but am lacking energy once again.

I haven't baked at all this advent yet, will try and do some of that in the next days so I can take some biscuits to the in laws for christmas. The pies sure do sound yummy Holly! Visiting my Mummy for christmas eve dinner and his Mummy for Christmas day and Boxing day dinners, so don't have to do any Christmas food shopping which is fantastic! Shops will be open again for groceries on the 26/27th when we go home anyway.

Completed the annual Christmas letter for our closest friends and family still around. Starting Christmas Cards this afternoon. Learned BIL has colen cancer yesterday and spent some time with Sister on telephone. Will be praying for his recovery. Straightened out Laundry room and storage/cold room. Finished last of decorating. Upstairs bath remodel will hopefully be finished tomorrow. Have running water in sinks, commode works and tub now functional. Just lights to go up and towel bars anchored.

I'm excited for you Beverly, new bathroom sounds great and in lovely time for Christmas! Just hope Holly's is done in time too, though that doesn't sound as likely with the plumber not turning up regularly

Got most of the rest of my shopping done yesterday. Yippee! Now I need to wrap. I'll work on that today and tomrrow. Also need to start cleaning up for Christmas.

And we still have no heat. :giggle: The repair guy didn't show up Friday night like he said he would, didn't even call. So tomorrow I will go and purchase the part and we'll put it in ourselves. We should have done that to begin with, did replace a few parts that didn't work, but we were afraid to try this because it is an expensive part. But we're willing now, tired of dealing with the repair people!

Still no plumber here. I really hope the lady with the knee replacement had a usable bathroom to come home to; and I really wish the plumber hadn't absolutely promised to have our job ready before Christmas. I can put up with reasonable delays, but it annoys me he couldn't tell us at the outset he had taken on TWO remodeling jobs.

I think I want to start the holiday baking today.

More snow! :giggle:

Though little worried about the cold temperatures causing too much ice to get to Mummy christmas eve and Mummy-in-law christmas day.... Hopefully it'll warm up just enough.

Snow was no good for building snowman, wouldn't stick together, so had to make Sammy the Snowseal instead! .... will upload picture when it decides to work!