What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Here's what will top horses and cattle: turkeys. When driving by the huge turkey breeding operations along I-81 in Virginia, you want to be sure your car windows are closed and the A/C is not pulling in air from outside.

Chicken rendering plants and papermills are right up there for eye-waterers.

DH was all set to go back to the courthouse tomorrow to have the sheriff send a deputy to remove our unwelcome "guest" and today we got a notice that he wishes to go to court over the eviction, so he'll be calling our attorney instead.

I worked on the Travel Trailer and the sampler and watched as much of the football game as I can.

Congratulations on your dollhouse Rebecca. As for me, it was a blustery rainy morning with temps up close to 40, and pouring rain. Then it stopped, the sun peeked out for just a minute, the clouds folded over the sun and the temperature dropped to 31 and snow, more snow, more snow......anyway it was a good day to be inside, safe, warm and dry.....

Well, the dollhouse shop in my sister's town is closing tomorrow, so I'm off to visit her and it after work tonight. I've set my budget and will stick to it. (My sister will make sure!)

So better hurry up and pack a couple bits before i go off to work.

Also need to clean my car. I've never had such a dirty car!!! Had to drive about 150 miles yesterday along the damp motorway, and had all the dirt flung onto my car. On the way home I got to the dark bit without street lights and could hardly see anything. Even with bright lights, they weren't as strong as normal lights and I had to grind to a halt every time a car came towards me cause i couldn't see anything! Stopped when I could and wiped the crust of dirt off my lights and I could see again. Sister is down the motorway, so think I'll wait and wash my car when I get there, my niece can help.

Have a good weekend everyone!

If I had to live near anything, it would be a bakery. There used to be a big Mrs. Baird's bakery in Ft. Worth-probably still is. It smelled like heaven for blocks!

Heard from my son again last night. I love skype! They are waiting for a flight to get them to their base, and all their stuff is packed and waiting on the tarmac so it's ready to go at a minute's notice. He says they all stink pretty bad from wearing the same clothes so long!

We'll be getting ready for the other son and family to move in, this week. Take the glass doors off the grand's shower, DH thinks they are not safe. Take my furniture out of the guest room....and my farmhouse goes in the closet. Thank goodness I have my room box to work on or I'd go crazy!

Holly, sounds like the interloper is grappling. Hopefully the judge will just tell him it is time to go..then the sheriff will come and his belongings will be placed on the sidewalk.

I do not mind that there are horses really. They are not my direct neighbors. I am just glad that I KNOW I was smelling it. You know what I mean? You would get a huge whiff of icky perfumed air and I was like "WHAT IS THAT?" No one in our area owns a herd of Mastiffs. We do not live near any place that would generate that smell. I was really worried that it was the sewer. I was gonna wake up one morning and find my basement full of the neighbors poo.

They should not be allowed to keep them because of the size of their lot. Not enough room for them to graze. Maybe they will find a horse farm to board them that isnt too expensive. These two mustangs came from California and Arizona.

More snow predicted for tomorrow. Going to get my errands done today so I do not have to go out in the yuck tomorrow. It is going to be a good amount (3-6 inches). Chelsea was going to Providence tomorrow but they have changed their plans.

After a chat this AM with our attorney, DH copied off our deed and went in for another visit with the Clerk of Court, to find out which judge will hear the case so he can set a date with the judge's clerk. It's the co$t of getting this deadbeat to leave that is getting to us, plus our son seems too intimidated to give us any support, which makes me suspiscious that there isn't coercion, if not actual assault...

I've been working on the Travel Trailer and the sampler.

Keeping fingers crossed for a speedy handling of all this Holly, and will also send a little spell for that "L"-person ;)

I am going to get some chores out of the way then I am going to have some fun "playing" with the carepacket :p I looove it!

And I am hoping to receive an answer from one of the Ebayers I purchased some things from and got in the mail as well yesterday, she had mixed up some things and I haven't received all that I had purchased and even got something I didn't etc etc, :flowers: oh well, it will get resolved in the end I am sure, I emailed her yesterday afternoon.

Hugs

Sorry you're having such a hassle with this guy! I've always heard that being a landlord is tough work. Won't they put a judgment against him for your costs with the lawyer and stuff-not that you'd ever get it from a deadbeat like that.

Got to clean house today, rent the storage unit to put our guest bedroom stuff in, and get ready for the big move next weekend. i'm going to try to finish the foundation of my farmhouse and get it sealed before we put it up.

We got the notice to appear in yesterday's mail, but DH found out all about it when he & DS went to the courthouse. Our trip to Rocky Bayou isn't going to happen, since the hearing is set for the day after we were going to leave. I'm staying out of this as much as possible, I'm so infuriated by this individual's attitude and bullying that I'd probably wind up in trouble for speaking my mind. DH is ignoring the bullying and letting the process take its course. I told him he does need to get through to DS that if he wants to keep his house and have a life he'd better learn to stand up for himself and grow some cojones, because his momma & daddy are pushing 70 and don't have a whole lot of time left.

Ask him which would be worse..Getting bullied by the neanderthal or not having a happy Mama?

Snow, Snow, oh yeah, SNOW!

Going to be a icky day this afternoon into tonite and tomorrow morning. I have a feeling I will be sleeping alone. The only good thing is he will have a heftier paycheck..going to need it because his birthday comes up at the end of the month.

Yesterday was our 16th wedding anniversary. You want to know how we celebrated? Last night before we went to sleep we said Happy Anniversary! LOL

I have guacamole to make and i think since I am making that, I declare it to be Quesadilla Day!

...I have guacamole to make and i think since I am making that, I declare it to be Quesadilla Day!
If it weren't so far & the snow I'd load up DH and come have supper at your house!

I made an apple coffee cake that didn't finish baking in time for breakfast, so we'll have to try some with sunch to see if it's "fittin'".

I started prining the interior divider walls I made for my Travel Trailer and my spray primer had gotten so cold it just stopped spraying. If it doesn't get with the program soon I'll be brush-painting my primer. I didn't want to, since it's foamcore...

DH has commented how much faster i can embroider with the floor frame, it's because I can work two-handed. Hopefully today I can finish up the main motif picture and start lettering the birth weight & length, date & time. I'm still filling in the color blocks on the 1:24 rug for La Casita, but my eyes needed a rest!lol

Tired hands... Have been scribing flooring planks and "staining" those as well. The Adams is a little pushy guy... THen again he suggest me working in between drying phases with the other projects that are closing in on being "doen" and now I know why... These tasks are killing my hands, so we'll see how they are in the morning :flowers: This weather we have had, really freezing a couple of days then slush another couple of days mixed with heavy winds and fog etc plays havoc with the joints and pain... Oh well, it is so much fun to see the other projects coming together though!

Hugs

I just got home from work, ate lunch. i'll do some laundry and i'll get started on a mini project. i'm in the mood for construction and the Beaumont is prepped and ready to go 3 dimensional! i'm in love with the columns on this house.

Me too Holly, those columns sounds divine :)

We woke up this morning to a frost covered outside, gorgeous and cold LOL The hands are doing fairly OK considering how sore they were last night so that is great. Have been "crushing" tiny tissue paper circles and started making some geraniums, have some of the blossoms in drying right now, will see how they turn out later on I hope. We are planning to go to the beach for a walk in a little while...

Hugs

It's a bit after 0400 here and in a little bit "Arthur" will have calmed down enough to let me crawl back into my warm little bed & go back to sleep. If the weather is too crummy to ride the bike, as I suspect, I can glue the other two endwalls onto the Travel Trailer and give all the insides a coat of gesso prior to paint/paper.

Today is when I finish putting things away to make room for the kids. Finish moving furniture, breakables, get kiddie locks on cabinets, all that stuff. Expect my pity party to begin once the dollhouse is packed away! I do have the roombox ready to start furnishing and will be able to make canned goods, etc, with the things I keep out. Maybe that will keep me from going into mini withdrawal.

Sherry, I apologize for my ignorance. How long are the kids staying for? I do not remember if this is a long term or short term stay (brain fog from past flu).

I received the hbs catalog in the mail yesterday. I have been dreaming. Some of the pieces in there make me want to drool. The Pomeroy has decided she wants to be a period house but modern. Basically a house that our Greg would live/lives in. Beautiful Victorian with furniture to die for (one piece at a time) but modern..flat screen tv, laptop computer, modern kitchen. It would be a house I would live in if I had the moula! LOL

The green on the outside has to got to go. She has changed her mind. But she has not told me what color she wants to be instead. She is such a tease. I am going to have problems with her. Since she is completely built, there are areas (the turret and tower) that I am going to have a really hard time wallpapering.

I have deserters in my ranks. Fred and Natalie have jumped off the Pepsi train and defected to Coca Cola land. LOL The soda consumption in our house is so low now that I am surprised at the two of them. You get to drink it only once in awhile and you switch teams?

Going to shovel the snow and then spend a nice quiet Sunday puttering around the house. If Gina posts the pot sticker recipe in time maybe I will make them for dinner. Oooo! with some home made Egg Foo Young. Yummy!

Heidi, the school where my youngest son works as an ag teacher is about to go in the financial dumpster. So they laid off about 1/4 of their staff. All the electives teachers , except athletics of course, nurses, maintenance etc. So they are moving back to Lubbock to hunt for jobs. That way, DIL can finish her college and he can do his masters-and we can babysit! So my play/craft room is now room to two pre-schoolers and the guest BR is for mom and dad. So all my toys are packed away except for what I can store under the bed or in my drawers until they find jobs and can afford to get a place of their own. knick knacks are put above their reach, latches on all the cabinets, took the glass doors off the tub because DH is afraid of the kids being around them, etc, etc.

It's not the way I planned but what do you do-throw them out in the street? And it will give us a chance to be with the grands-maybe more than we want!

I would at least like to see pictures of the columns.

I'll take some photos in the next day or so...along with the in progress photos of the house. it fought me the entire way getting built. i had to use the hammer in a couple of places to coax it along and some pieces (door frames) broke off because the wood is so dry and brittle. the wood is delaminating as well but mostly on the trim pieces. i was tempted to make it into a haunted house because of this but i will just spackle here and there and try to make it into the beautiful house that i want. i'm trying to decide between brick or stone blocks for the exterior. i'm thinking about using egg cartons for this. i have a ton of the stuff! it will depend on how motivated i am to cut all the pieces the same size. so this house may take awhile to get much progress made. i really don't like siding on this house and that is why i'm considering alternate plans for the exterior. it will be a georgian mansion, not a gone with the wind house. LOVE the columns, they are beautiful.