Sidewalk??

Jeffrey

Well I am proud to say that my ice cream shop is completely finished (Pictures tomorrow night) except for the sidewalk. Im not sure what to use for it. Cobble stones, slate...? Any suggestions are welcome.

Also is THIS step extremly necessary or can I just use a piece of tape instead of solder?

If you're using brads to hold the wire, solder isn't necessary, but probably a good precaution to ensure the wires make a solid connection and don't wiggle loose while moving the house. Otherwise, tape is probably fine to cover the brads.

Christine

Great, thanks! Its part of the street of shops so the connection im making is on the outside of the building between 2 of the shops. Pretty easy to get to if something should go wrong.

I would say a little earlier maybe late 30s early 40s.

one more thing if you still want to separate your building, get a sheet of poster board and put you treatment on there, it would be one solid piece till you take it apart. Will there be street lights? A phone booth, and how about a garbage can on the corner? As for the side walk, I think flagstone, might look nice too. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Aren't those Houseworks shops fun? Yours looks great. I like the cobblestone idea. I will do something like that with mine when I get the third one built.

Oh wow its so funny this post came up again because I just finished putting on the sidewalk not even 10 minutes ago. Pics to come as soon as I find that ever elusive camera.

You know, I hide the camera so my sister and her friend dont loose it after they are done with it and then I forget where I put it. Anyway it was on top of the fridge...

I bought these for the sidewalk but then found that they were too rough for a sidewalk, people would be tripping like crazy. So I put them on upside down and luckly they were the perfect height to add one to the sides (vertically) and I LOVE the way it turned out. This will be continued all the way down the street of shops so it will look seamless and still be able to disconnect them.

gallery_1884_864_142628.jpg

6 More pics in my gallery. Let me know what you think. I can now officially, officially, officially call it complete.

I use balck electrical tape to secure my pins in tapewire, but I just bought some conducting glue/paste and will use it soon. Sounds like an easy solution since I had trouble soldering before since I was trying to do ceilings!