miniatures.com wallpaper grab bags

New Day

I am full of questions tonight! Does anyone have experience with the miniatures.com wallpaper grab bags? They look like a great deal, but did you like the patterns for the most part? I know a lot of it comes down to individual taste, but just wondering if maybe this is how the clear out patterns that no one wants? Also, if you ordered more than one of the same "type/color" package, did you get more assortments, or were they more of the same patterns as in the first grab bag?

TIA for the advice!

I was quite pleased with the grab bags, and used some of it on my Brimble, and some on my Garfield. Unfortunately you don't have a choice, and even if you order 2 of the same color (like I ordered 2 "blue") you won't necessarily get the SAME papers in each selection. But they do give you 3 sheets of each pattern, so there's enough to wallpaper most rooms in a dollhouse (assuming you use 3 sheets per room, approximately.)

I've got lots left over. I do have lots of "child appropriate" paper (from the grabbags) and don't intend to have any kid rooms in any mof my houses, so I don't know what I'm going to do with that, though. Probably put it up for swapping or something....

I've bought two different color sets. Some of the paper isn't in must-have patterns, but I have so many houses lined up that I'm sure I'll find a place to use most of it. I didn't find any of the paper to be misprints or off-prints. It's all good quality.

Hi Corwin,

The grab bag I have just brought has 3 sheets of 6 papers (18sheets in total) the packs are in shade colours, eg blue or pink or brown, or coral etc.

The cost of the bag I just brought was 9.99 with a valve of they said of 46.00 so it is a reasonable saving, if you can use it all. They did have a bag for 5.00. but the colours/patterns didnot look that great.

The way I looked at it is that on a computer screen you can not be quite sure what they really look like, some in houses look great, but when I looked at them on a screen they do not look that hot. So if I had a selection to choose from, I might be able to mix and match from drifferent bags, and be able to wallpaper without having to wait 8 weeks for my next delivery to get thru customs! I'm going to buy one each time I shop until I have a reasonable selection. Well that's the plan.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I will try it and see what I get. Kathie, I'm in the same boat, I have so many projects, I'm sure I'll find something to use it in! And Dawn, I had the same sort of experience when HBS did grab bags of minis. It seemed as if everyone got great stuff - except for me :) . Or, at least it wasn't anything I could use. Oh well, I still love HBS! And I love a good surprise!

Ive ordered the grab bags many times and Ive tried all the color schemes. I have been very pleased with the choices every single time except once. The yellow grab bag had a few patterns I didnt like but you always get different patterns so more than likely, you will get something you like. Its also very affordable and with one grab bag you can wallpaper two cottages.

I was very unhappy with the 3-sheet pack that I ordered. I will probably not order wallpaper from them again. The sheets were not from the same die lot and one was very obvious.

I sometimes wonder (from other items I have bought and what I heard via the "grapevine") if the SOMETIMES lower price at HBS, if the lower price is due to "seconds" or "irregular" items.

:)

It sometimes is a neat surprize so don't be too put off by it! It's like the old dress shop I used to shop at back east, Hit or Miss. Take a chance! You might be plesantly surprized. You might be able to trade some of them to someone else and vice versus. Try it! The wallpaper is usually made by Mini Graphics which is a really good brand.

I know one of the patterns they offer for the green selection isn't made anymore and I looked high and low before I found it in a store somewhere. I would have paid $10 just for a couple sheets of that alone.

But no matter where you order from, you might run into problems with fading or dye lot. I got some Millie August Blue Meissen Stripe off ebay because it goes so well with stark white wainscoting. But the white on the paper was almost a cream colored, so out went that idea. But it'll still go good in the kitchen.

Hi Corwin,

The grab bag I have just brought has 3 sheets of 6 papers (18sheets in total) the packs are in shade colours, eg blue or pink or brown, or coral etc.

The cost of the bag I just brought was 9.99 with a valve of they said of 46.00 so it is a reasonable saving, if you can use it all. They did have a bag for 5.00. but the colours/patterns didnot look that great.

The way I looked at it is that on a computer screen you can not be quite sure what they really look like, some in houses look great, but when I looked at them on a screen they do not look that hot. So if I had a selection to choose from, I might be able to mix and match from drifferent bags, and be able to wallpaper without having to wait 8 weeks for my next delivery to get thru customs! I'm going to buy one each time I shop until I have a reasonable selection. Well that's the plan.

Thanks. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one once, when I was decorating the Cambridge, and I used several of the papers in it. I eventually used all the wallpapers I got in mine, I was quite happy with them, overall. As y'all know, I'll use just about any & everything for wallcoverings!

As y'all know, I'll use just about any & everything for wallcoverings!

LOL, yep kind of figured that Holly and that is just one or the reasons to love ya'!

Hugs