Soldering electrical junction

alycemina

Hi all,

Can I solder the junction into the tape wire - even though I hammered them in, they still wiggle and cause lights to go out or flicker. I am referring to the junction in the tapewire that one plugs the leads to the transformer.

Advice and suggestions please on how you all fix the junction.

Thanks alyce

(The Georgian is almost done after 1 year and almost 1000 hours!!!!)

I'd think twice about soldering the junction splice to the tape. They do go bad and it may need to be replaced one day.

Can you lift the tape and slip a piece of cardboard or 1/32" balsa wood under it? That may help stabilize the junction splice if the holes have gotten a tad big and are permitting the pins to wiggle.

I solder mine to the tape and have had no problems. I hardwire my houses then solder the wires to a strip of tape wire beneath the house. Then I tape them down so there will be no snag mistakes and so far no problems :waves:

Ohh and you will need to use soldering flux because these wires are so tiny, they will burn right through and the solder wire won't stick well. The flux paste is the best.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search