is it best to use one transformer per house?

Luanne

I am all over the places today with my topics...

1. If I plan to set two houses next to each other, is there a way to share just one transformer/one juction splice? How do people wire for a row of houses? For small houses like the Primose, do you also use one transfomer for it? I will count the total number of bulbs to comply with the transformer's limit of course.

2. Also, has anyone been successful wiring a sunroom? are there some pictures in here?

3. I am having trouble locating the link for the parquet tutorial. It's not under " tutorials" :blink: . Is it safe to use woodglue for the greenleaf floor tiles? if the border is made of leftover siding materials, would I be better off using Quick grab glue?

thank you all in advance.

electricity--

You can bridge electricity from one house to another or two or more roomboxes. The Cir-kit people sell "bridging wire" and the appropriate connectors. In effect, one house gets the junction slice and the trasformer, and "connector splices" are hammered into the tape wire of both houses and a "connector wire" connects them.

I don't know if I am using the correct terminology. I would suggest calling the Cir-Kit people (toll-free number on their website). They answer the phone personally and are very nice and very helpful people. They can tell you what to buy and how to do it. I have called them a number of times with electricial problems/questions, and they always had the answer! (And they never made me feel dumb!)

Greenleaf floor tiles--

I thought the tiles were self-adhesive

:blink:

Thank you Pam and Judith- I will definitely inquire about the bridge for the houses. I have saved the floor link this time. About the tiles, I haven't bought the tiles yet - thought I'd do some homework first. Thanks gain for the suggestions.

Corwin - is clear drawer liner similar to transparent book report cover? And also is Buddy an Australian Shepperd?

Yes i do believe so. The drawer liner is adhesive on onside, it helps hold things together and has a nice glossy finish. I used it in my library and dining/living room. Buddy is a borzoi cross, Since he is white and black. He won't turn grey as he gets older, he turns brown. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Greenleaf floor tiles--

I thought the tiles were self-adhesive

:)

They are, and the directions with them recomend using glue, as well. I used wood glue with them as well as all-purpose white glue. I also use wallpaper paste when using "prepasted" wallpaper, it just seems to work better.

I liked playing with the floor tiles, you can make some lovely patterns simply: med_gallery_8_988_62610.jpg

med_gallery_8_988_31956.jpg

I also use wallpaper paste when using "prepasted" wallpaper, it just seems to work better.

I agree with Holly, and it works better on real house wallpaper for the real house. also. The saleslady at Home Depot said to not trust "prepasted" and I expanded that to not trusting the paste on anything called "prepasted". :D

:idiot: