i have a flat tire

ilovecats

well, i have a flat, it's snowing out..and it's dark and i don't know how to take the tire off this new truck i was going to wait until it got light out to figure it out (it's mounted under the truck)...but it's like a blizzard out. the snow is coming down heavy and blowing sideways and it's very cold out. So after it gets light out, i'll use the compressor to put air in the tire and just drive it to walmart which is a half mile down the road and have them fix it so i won't have to mess with the spare. i feel like i'm playing hooky from work. so here i sit with my cup of tea and although it would be nice to fall back to sleep i can't. phooey. i'm sure my coworkers are loving me right now.

Poor you having a flat tire! I haven't learnt how to change one yet, really should! Good luck getting to walmart and work, and enjoy the hour or two you don't have to work! (or enjoy the whole day if its too snowy to go to work!!)

Muriel :p

SNOWING!?!

and a flat?

sounds like good reasons to saty home! :p

I do hope all is fixed by now and you have made your co-workers happy by arriving! better late than never!

nutti :p

Did you get the tire fixed?? I just learned how to get the spare down. I had to learn how to change a tire before my dad would let me get my drivers license - but that was a long long time ago and while I can still change a tire, getting the spare out from under a truck is not something I bothered to learn when I got it. I just call road service.

Deana, you brought back a memory of my dad sitting on a grassy knoll giving instructions while I changed the tire on our Ford station wagon. He, too, believed that no one should be issued a driver's license who couldn't change a tire. The spare donut (so small it can't be called a tire!) for our Honda van is in such a goofy place that a structural engineering degree would be useful to retrieve it. Lloyd had a flat last week; he took the tire in to Wal-Mart to be fixed. The mechanic got the donut back into its awkward niche, but ended up with a bolt left over. I'm with you -- call road service!

Meanwhile, Marg, I hope your tire problem was resolved without too much hassle.

Yep, got the tire fixed, decided to wait until 8 am and take it to Walmart. They found a staple. I got there at 8 and left at 9:30...there was only one other car in the bay. Maybe they had a hard time finding the staple? Ah well, last night when i looked at it, it was okay. Iwoke up yesterday morning feeling yucky, and as the morning progressed I felt terrible. So I ended up staying home anyway. I slept on the couch for a couple of hours.

My ex husband actually made me learn how to change a flat tire. I had a Toyota pickup back then and the spare was under the bed of the truck. It was a royal pain in the backside to get the spare tire down. I never tried to put the tire back up either. I have never tried to figure it out on this truck and I wasn't going to do it in the dark. Honestly what it comes down to is that i'm afraid of changing tires, afraid of the vehicle falling, afraid of getting hurt and honestly it's a big pain in the butt....if someone else can do it for me, I would let them. If i were all alone in a rural area, yep sure i'd try. But going back to yesterday, i was not going to try to figure out how to let down the tire in the dark and change it in the dark all the while it's snowing. dangerous i would say!

Glad things are over for you! Great! I too had to learn to change my own oil and sparkplugs and tires from my ex. Good knowledge like that is great. I've changed my own tires a lot - until I met Doug. Doug won't let me play with the car!

I am one of those whose father felt they needed to know how to change a tire. I am thankful for the knowledge as I have had to change a few. My biggest problem is getting the lug nuts loosened. I can't imagine what it would be like on some of these big trucks. Just a scary thought. Sorry to hear you were feeling down Marg. Hopefully with some rest and the worries over the tire gone, you will be back to your old self soon.

Do you feel better today??

I did most of the day today, but this evening I feel yucky. It's a daily thing. getting tired of it....it's been going on over 1 1/2 months now. :p