got a free dollhouse!

ilovecats

My supervisor has had this dollhouse for about 7 years or so and has never completed it. She has mentioned a time or two for me to help her finish it and i said that i would just let me know and she never did. Well last week she asked me if i wanted it because she would never finish it and had no interest in it anymore....well i got it today!

She's painted all the exterior panels but has never put the house together! She also gave me 2 bags of shingles, stain, 2 cans of paint (quart), 2 rolls of tape, paint brushes and other stuff. I didn't have time to look at all of it :D

It's going to become a bakery i think???? maybe??? i'll take photos this weekend and post them! The before pic's!

Oooooh, you lucky girl can't wait to see pix of it. Sometimes I wished I lived in the States too, Dollhouses for free to rehab, I only can dream of it.

Don't feel left out, Mar, I had to pay $$$ for the houses I've rehabbed, too.

Marg, this isn't the one you were agonizing over "would she part with it or wouldn't she?" for so long, is it?

Don't feel left out, Mar, I had to pay $$$ for the houses I've rehabbed, too.

Marg, this isn't the one you were agonizing over "would she part with it or wouldn't she?" for so long, is it?

Nope, this is from my current supervisor. the other was from my previous supervisor (they are friends and my current supervisor actually bought the kit from her years ago)....here's the story...my previous supervisors husband used to work in wholesale and bought her a bunch of dollhouse kits at wholesale...so she sold one of them to my current supervisor.....that is the one i got yesterday.

My previous supervisor had a Thornhill that she kept going back and forth on selling to me. Last spring I bought it from her for 200.00 and it definately needs rehab. I took all the wall dividers out (they were crooked) so i will redo them. i need to redo the foundation as it is falling apart. I took alot of the shingles off because they were broken so i need to finish taking off shingles and removing glue...oh and i took off the quoining cuz it was missing some and i want to redo it cuz it wasn't uniform. i think i may leave it off this house tho (still have a Thornhill shell in the wings in a box so i will do quoining on that one). and the hinges all need to be replaced because she painted over them and i guess had the house somewhere damp cuz all the hinges are rusty. Do i really need 2 Thornhills? No. But i bought the one from HBS's sale because i wasn't going to end up getting the one from my prev supervisor....so after i got that one she decided to sell me hers. so now i have two thornhills and that is okay because one will be georgian the other spanish (thanks judith for the inspiration). Now i just need more space...lol...

Oooooh, you lucky girl can't wait to see pix of it. Sometimes I wished I lived in the States too, Dollhouses for free to rehab, I only can dream of it.

Mar, this is the only free house i've ever gotten. Glad to have it but i've had to pay for my other rehabs. But i do agree with you, it seems that other people have mentioned getting free dollhouses! Is this hobby popular where you live? I would so love to have a dutch canal dollhouse! my mom is from Delft, Holland originally. She loved the houses and buildings there. She has lived in the U.S. since she was 15 years old.

Mar, this is the only free house i've ever gotten. Glad to have it but i've had to pay for my other rehabs. But i do agree with you, it seems that other people have mentioned getting free dollhouses! Is this hobby popular where you live? I would so love to have a dutch canal dollhouse! my mom is from Delft, Holland originally. She loved the houses and buildings there. She has lived in the U.S. since she was 15 years old.

It's starting to became populair but most of the houses people made here are canalhouses or a lot of shops and roomboxes. American houses are very expensive in the Netherlands, about 400 Euro for the Beacon Hill for example. So even when you can get a rehab, like I got the Willowcrest and the Brimble, you pay a fortune for it and for free is truly hard to imagine. So when I read that somebody put a Tiffany by the garbage or when I read what the prices will be at a garagesale I think AAAAAAAAArrrrgggggggggg.

LOL, about the canalhouse, they are very easy to build with MDF, so easy that you can build it by yourself . How many plans do you want? I think I got five plans of different canalhouses. You only need special windows for it, our windows are in the walls and not on the walls like the windows in the States. But this windows are for sale here and not very expensive.

It's starting to became populair but most of the houses people made here are canalhouses or a lot of shops and roomboxes. American houses are very expensive in the Netherlands, about 400 Euro for the Beacon Hill for example. So even when you can get a rehab, like I got the Willowcrest and the Brimble, you pay a fortune for it and for free is truly hard to imagine. So when I read that somebody put a Tiffany by the garbage or when I read what the prices will be at a garagesale I think AAAAAAAAArrrrgggggggggg.

LOL, about the canalhouse, they are very easy to build with MDF, so easy that you can build it by yourself . How many plans do you want? I think I got five plans of different canalhouses. You only need special windows for it, our windows are in the walls and not on the walls like the windows in the States. But this windows are for sale here and not very expensive.

I would love to get a copy of plans for a canal house, that would be less expensive than having a dollhouse kit shipped. Is there a website i can go to that is in english? Thanks :)