Are these shingles good quality?

Guest Nathaniel

I prefer the Houseworks shingles which are thicker (hence less fragile). That said, for the quantity you need that's a great price and they'll look fine when they're finished and should be easy to cut and trim for those oddly shaped areas. If you're unsure, why not buy just one bag to see if they're what you want?

I bought these because I wanted thinner shingles so I could spray texturized paint on them to simulate asphalt and they wouldn't end up too thick, but they're actually a better quality than they look. They're sturdier than the shingles that come in some of the Greenleaf kits, but they're not as thick as Dura-craft shingles, which I think are cedar. I was pleasantly surprised at them and would buy them again.

I would buy one bag, if I were you, and then if you like them buy the rest. HBS has sales often and shingling is usually one of the last in a build so you could get a bag and check them out without investing so much all at once in case you don't like them.

Any shingles can be made to look good. I'm partial to the Greenleaf shingles because they're so easy to trim to fit wierd roof angles. Of course, I've shingled with sandpaper and construction paper, too!lol

(OK, back to my closet...)