"Piercefield Seaside Victorian Mansion" in the works

Guest Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my Kit bashing of a Garfield and a Pierce will be happening and it will be called "Piercefield, A Seaside Victorian Mansion". It is in the works, I will be purchasing a Pierce for half off on April 1st to combine with my Garfiled Kit to make an ENORMOUS 20+ Room Seaside Victorian Mansion called the Piercefield. I am working on collecting some more victorian wallpaper, lights, furniture etc. Though I have most of what I need to do this house. I am ordering 9 bags of 1000 ct shingles to shingle it's roof, It is going to be absolutely huge. It will be over 6 and a 1/2 feet wide, almost 3 feet deep, and almost 3 1/2 feet tall. It will weigh well over 100 pounds when completed I am sure. It will require 9-10,000 shingles. There will be at least 64 bulbs throughout, including several chandeliers. THere will be THere will be ocean themes throughout the house along with the strong victorian theme. IT will have 4 or 5 fireplaces at least. There will most likely end up being approximately 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a kitchen, breakfast room, dining room, music room, office, library, living room, and sitting room, along with 2 grand staircases and foyers and several secret rooms. It will be an incredible house and I can't WAIT to get started on it.

However, I did just get my Spring Fling Winner's Workshop in the mail yesterday and I cant wait to get started on that as well!!! I have a really cool idea for that too. I can't wait to share pics of both of these projects!!!

HAPPY MINIATURING!!!

:p

-Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

Oh, also, the color scheme will be Light Sea Blue Siding with White and Brown Trim with alot of dark stained woods inside and out (dark walnut) and alot of mahogany and dark cherry woods too.....

WOWSERS!! That is going to be one HUGE house - sounds wonderful and can't wait to see pic's of it.

(good thing you won't have to pay mortgage or property taxes on THAT, huh? ;) I think the light bill alone would kill me... :p:p )

Chris

Guest Nathaniel
WOW!!! That sounds WONDERFUL!! Where are you gonna put this house? The Garfield is already HUGE and the Pierce is not tiny :p I can not wait to see it!!

Well, thankfully I have an entire basement to use and I've got about 20 feet of table set up for my 4 different dollhouse projects in progress, so I should have plenty of room. It will be skinny enough to fit through doors, because the depth will be less than 3 feet, but it will be so wide (over 6 1/2 feet) that it will surely take 2-3 people to support it. YIKES!!! I'm so excited about this project and sooo inspired to make it incredible!!!

This project sounds abs fab! I can't wait to see the photos. :p

One thing to consider: since the finished house will be long, investigate if you can construct the mansion in at least two sections. These to be pulled apart so that there is less length and weight to any move, and therefore less change of any damage (to the house or the movers! ;) ). I hope this makes sense. I wish I had made more of my large houses in a number of sections. At least, with the Georgian, the wings are separate units.

Take lots of pictures and post often. :p

B)

Guest Nathaniel
This project sounds abs fab! I can't wait to see the photos. :p

One thing to consider: since the finished house will be long, investigate if you can construct the mansion in at least two sections. These to be pulled apart so that there is less length and weight to any move, and therefore less change of any damage (to the house or the movers! ;) ). I hope this makes sense. I wish I had made more of my large houses in a number of sections. At least, with the Georgian, the wings are separate units.

Take lots of pictures and post often. :p

B)

Hmm, thank you so much for the advice. I never considering making them in two separate sections. I would kind of like to avoid doing that. I am only using one 64 bulb capable transformer for the mansion so I think it would be really difficult to make it a two piece mansion. Also, I'm not sure if that would be possible to do and create a seamless effect to it... I guess I could look into getting two 33 bulp capable transformers instead of the one, but... hmm... I think I will just go ahead and take a chance and make it one big mostrosity of a house. I could always built something to reinforce the foundation so that it would be more stable to move. Thanks for the input and advice, and this may be a stubborn idea of mine, but I think i will just make it a once piece... I think i will like it more that way.... I dont know... Im curious what does everyone else think about this? Im pretty set on making it one piece though.

Let me know.

Thanks,

B)

Nathaniel

:p wow!!!!!! thats going to be one huge house I cant wait to see all the pics. are you making this a bed and breakfest or just a mansion??? just wondering its going to be lots of fun to decorate :p have fun building and good luck

Guest Nathaniel
:p wow!!!!!! thats going to be one huge house I cant wait to see all the pics. are you making this a bed and breakfest or just a mansion??? just wondering its going to be lots of fun to decorate :p have fun building and good luck

Ya, im soo excited about it. I can't wait to get started and take TONS and TONS of pics. It will definitely be a mansion, not a bed and breakfast. My dream house really... I wish I had more time to work on my minis but I do go to school full time and work full time so my time with them is very limited... But i've got some big plans for my different projects and im very excited about them....

very nice!! I hear you on the time thing I got my fairfield last week and havent started yet. Im in the process of moving and boxing things so im scared to start bc of the move :p but i am excited to have a new project for my new house

I understand that you want just one large house, but I would just like to add some comments about transformers:

One transformer can electrified two distinct sections. You just need to "bridge" the electricity from one section to another. Houses built in sections, and rows of roomboxes, often use that approach. This bridging wire is disconnected when you want to separate the items. The Cir-kit people sell wire and connectors for just that purpose, or you can make your own. By the way, the Cir-Kit people are wonderful and very helpful and do give lots of advice and help via the telephone or email.

The other thing is that a 64 bulb transformer can run many less lights so that each section can have its own 64 bulb transformer.

:p

Hi, The house sounds great, I would like to see the house as one, but have to put my two cents in.

It's the moving that we are all having concerns with.

Think about a single bed 3 foot by 6 foot. Try moving that out of a room down a hall way into another room or out the front door without standing it on end or tipping it etc. If you can not do that, then you will not be able to get your house out of your house (no pun intended). If you really want to build it in one piece, go to a shop that deals with wheels,tyres and casters, buy enough to go under your foundation (not just in the corners) and support the house, so it is at least easier to move around.

Experance is a great teacher, just ask me about my purple sofa for the upstairs lounge, that would not go up the stairs, from the bottom story, nor thru the upstairs entry (corner there too tight) but had to go by crane over the top of the house and thru the upstairs sliding door from the deck, and it's not that much bigger than 3*7 but with legs that stick out that could not be removed easily and it was very heavy and the corners (design) within the house meant it could not just be tipped up and moved around). My Husband loves the couch, but I am not allowed to move it, and have been told that when we leave this house it will be staying! :lol:

Please check if you can move a bed easily before you start bashing.....

Even if you take the interior doors in your house off their hinges it's extremely touchy getting a 3' wide anything through without damage, & interior doors of newer houses are often closer to 30" than 36".

Ah, another Bar Harbor Summer Cottage! I'm visualizing Patricia King's Major Rodeahead & his family living in it when it's completed!lol

Even if you take the interior doors in your house off their hinges it's extremely touchy getting a 3' wide anything through without damage, & interior doors of newer houses are often closer to 30" than 36".

Good points, Holly and "Lizard"

Even at 28 years old, my house has hallways that are only 36" wide and the doors are only 32".

Also, my hallways make right angle turns at places (cuts into available space very quickly). Also, handrails on staircases cut into space. When I wanted to move my Thornhill (at about 30" wide X 45" long) to the basement -- which does have a 36" doorway and stairwell-- the hand rails on both sides of the stairwell meant we had to raise the house above the handrails! --plus keep ourselves on the stairs! Another house we moved from the den to the basement ended up with a broken porch railing. At least the damage was slight, but it was heartbraking to see one's handiwork in pieces.

Once again, this is just my opinion, but it is based on some tricky dollhouse moving experiences.

:D

Guest Nathaniel
Hi, The house sounds great, I would like to see the house as one, but have to put my two cents in.

It's the moving that we are all having concerns with.

Think about a single bed 3 foot by 6 foot. Try moving that out of a room down a hall way into another room or out the front door without standing it on end or tipping it etc. If you can not do that, then you will not be able to get your house out of your house (no pun intended). If you really want to build it in one piece, go to a shop that deals with wheels,tyres and casters, buy enough to go under your foundation (not just in the corners) and support the house, so it is at least easier to move around.

Experance is a great teacher, just ask me about my purple sofa for the upstairs lounge, that would not go up the stairs, from the bottom story, nor thru the upstairs entry (corner there too tight) but had to go by crane over the top of the house and thru the upstairs sliding door from the deck, and it's not that much bigger than 3*7 but with legs that stick out that could not be removed easily and it was very heavy and the corners (design) within the house meant it could not just be tipped up and moved around). My Husband loves the couch, but I am not allowed to move it, and have been told that when we leave this house it will be staying! :D

Ah, another Bar Harbor Summer Cottage! I'm visualizing Patricia King's Major Rodeahead & his family living in it when it's completed!lol

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Actually, the house will be kept in the basement and we have a wonderful, wide, bulkhead door that it will fit just perfectly up if it ever needs to be moved. We also have room in the garage if need be and I definitely think it would fit through the garage door (its a 2 car garage) lol. I'm sure it will be fine...

THanks for your advice though, always welcomed.

-Nathaniel B)

And if it ever needs to be moved to a less dollhouse friendly location?

Please consider how it can be partially disassembled for moving, considering both dimensions and weight.

Guest Nathaniel
And if it ever needs to be moved to a less dollhouse friendly location?

Please consider how it can be partially disassembled for moving, considering both dimensions and weight.

Boy, you guys are great at considering this subject from every angle. I dont even want to think of moving to or having to move this mansion to a less dollhouse friendly location. I think I will have to tackle this issue as I start to build the house and put it all together then. I think I may tacke this project last because it will require the most planning first. I still have a Tennyson to put finishing touches on, a Worthington Mansion to rehab, a Winner's Workshop contest kit to build and finish, and then I will probably get started on this Mansion. Or, maybe I will get inspired and start it as soon as I get my Pierce in the mail from the April 1st sale. We shall see...

Thanks again for everyone's advice though.

'

:D Nathaniel

I know Im extremely late in replying and have no idea what you guys have been talking about but all I came in to say is WOW! A Pierce and Garf bashed together! I didnt even ever think of that. Its going to be huge and wonderful. I cant wait to actually see it. Awesome!