Orchid furniture

i was wondering what size furniture would fit in the orchid. i have seen some cute furniture at hobby lobby, but it looks waaay too big for the house. would i use 1' or 1/2' furniture? i don't know, what if i bought a furniture kit? would the size fit the house?

thanks!

The Orchid is 1 inch scale. It is small, just don't try putting too much furniture in it. Just the basic pieces. In mine, I made a table for my kitchen using a wooden mini candlestick holder with the punchout from the large octagonal window for the top. it was just the right size with two chairs. Good Luck! :wave:

1:24 furniture would be lost in there. I'd follow Paula's advice -- the Orchid's a cottage and the minimum number of pieces would be best. Check out the gallery for decor ideas -- lots of members have done the Orchid and they're really cute when they're furnished.

House of Miniatures, Mini Mundus, Chrysnbon & Shenandoah kits are all 1:12 scale. So are the Corona Concepts kits, but they run a tad large for the Orchid; great for the Laurel, though, which has a bit roomier second floor. HOM kits are no longer being made, but you can find them on Greed-Bay and I have had luck finding them in thrift shops. HBS may still have a few of the HOM & Shenandoah kits in their "sale" section, and carry Chrysnbon; and Craft Club carries Mini Mundus. The CC kits are available through our own Greenleaf website store.

You can also make your own furniture, there's some DIY sites listed in the pinned section in the General Minis Forum.

i was wondering what size furniture would fit in the orchid. i have seen some cute furniture at hobby lobby, but it looks waaay too big for the house. would i use 1' or 1/2' furniture? i don't know, what if i bought a furniture kit? would the size fit the house?

thanks!

Hi Priscilla, to prep the Orchid as a gift for a child, I used some pieces from the Corona Concepts furniture kits; I had to bash some of the pieces a bit by cutting 1/2" off the height since they seemed a bit tall (the bathroom sink and toilet were OK, however):

I guess these pieces are technically 1:12, but the Orchid seems to want something closer to 1:16, perhaps...