VM-800 Victorian Mansion

Leahelizabth

Wow! What a house! It's magnificant! I've never seen one like this before, but I'm sure others here may have or may even have made one! It's gorgeous! Good luck with it!

I tried a couple different searches, but so far, all I've come up with is the VH-600.. which isn't the same.. It is a gigantic, gigantic house... i don't have the slightest idea where I'm going to store this monster, but I'll be keeping it just the same..!

You are going to have such a good time finishing this one and doing all sorts of bashes, should you be led that way. Just be prepared for when this house talks to you; I can here it muttering all the way over here!

Yes, it is talking, but I'm hung up on the exterior color.. leaning towards a creamy yellow, but unsure of the trim. Also, I have no idea where to start.. Very open to suggestions right now.. (hint, hint..)

Edited by Leahelizabth

I know somewhere there are a couple of pic's...someone shared them with me when i got my 800. i'll have to go look for the thread.

congrats on the house! I had to put all my parts in 3 separate boxes, the original box disintegrated when it arrived. Fortunately the seller had put a more sturdy box around it for shipping. My kit has a musty smell to it...and old smell. it will be a gazillion years til i build mine, but i'm glad to have one!

can't wait to see what you do with your house!

Yellow, Cream and Brown it is-!! I'll probably add a rust red in there somewhere or sea-foam green to help convey it's victorian nature.

Here's what I'm thinking in order of work steps, see if this is okay:

1. Clean and Stain the Roof.. with the theory I can paint over stain, but not vice versa in case of any spills or smudges.

2. Paint Exterior (Oil-Based or Latex Semi-Gloss)

3. Re-attach Roof and Porch-Paint

4. Paint Interior with Flat, white paint

5. Wire for Lights

6. Install Lights

7. Wallpaper, Moulding and Trim

Done???

Creamy yellow will also go with plum or lavender, (complement) or greens or oranges (adjacent) and both purple and brown can darken into brown. (I hear colors and I can visualize the color wheel in my head)

• 14 years later...

I purchased and built the  Dura-Craft *VICTORIAN MANSION* VH-800 Dollhouse back in 1977.  It is solid and lasted forever.  It endured 2 moves from Michigan to Tennessee and from Tennessee to Alabama with no problems.  When I had to move into a small apartment, I sold it to a nursery school for their playroom.  Build it slow, step by step, and think ahead about paint colors, light placements, wallpapers etc.  I love this kit and have been looking for the past ten years for another one.  Nothing compares to it.  If you sell let me know via this entry.

• 9 months later...

I have this exact same house!  My grandmother built it for me when I was 7 years old. It’s a Dura-Craft *VICTORIAN MANSION* VH-800 Dollhouse. I have been looking for info on it because my daughter and I want to repair and fix it up. I’m not sure what the scale is though. If anyone can tell me the scale that would be great

• Like 1