I finished my rehab

CJEP

I finished my rehab. This is the house that my manicurist gave me. It was hers when she was young. She gave me the furniture she used with it. It went from:

to:

More pictures in my gallery under Refurb House. You can see all the rooms before and after.

I am donating it to the local school system for their silent auction. The schools in my town are extremely underfunded so they need all the help they can get right now.

I also have a new refurbish to work on. It came from my church and is half scale. It is definitely made for young children. I'm going to fix it up so it can be raffled or sold at the church fair in the fall. I am about to post some pictures of it in my gallery.

The house was in two newspapers on Thursday. Unfortunately neither have the articles on line. The superintendent's office had me come down for two interviews and warned me they are trying for one more. They are hoping the house will get more people to come the silent auction.

Article from our town weekly paper (Saugus Advertiser)

Article from local daily paper (Lynn Daily Item)

Page 3 will be in the next post. It was too big to be included here.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Tracy!!

The silent auction was Monday night and it sold for $325 to a seven-year-old girl who was guarding it all night. I was hoping for a bit more, but am glad it went to someone who will love it. (Red Sox tickets went for about the same price and the Patriot tickets (club seats) went for $800!!)

Carrie, that's great! And the value of your work went far beyond the purchase price. I'm sure some people attended because of the articles, and even if they bid on other things, the credit goes to the dollhouse. B)

• 2 weeks later...

You're such a kind hearted soul! Wish there were more like you out there. What a thoughtful thing to do. I'm so happy to hear, a little girl got the house to love and cherish. It turned out just beautiful.