travel trailer roof help

Rhonda

I remember reading somewhere perhaps in the trailer contest thread that someone had done something like glued the veneer to card stock or something before placing the veneer on. I was sure I bookmarked where I found it, but I cant seem to find it anywhere. If anyone has any tips or techniques for the roof I would really appreciate it. Also it seems the veneer is not quite big enough to fit on both ends with the roof piece in place, when I dry fit it there is like a 1/4 gap on each side.

Next ok you know how they have you fit the interior with that frame of thin wood (talking about the door side) well I hate the way that looks, but I understand it is needed there to support the roof. I am thinking I am going to piece together the scraps and make that wall solid it will take a bit of work but I just dont like the way it looks unfinished like that, and in my opinion a smooth wall will look so much better. After I piece the filler in I was planning on just covering a piece of cardstock with my choice of wallpaper then I realized the window and door frames need to be glued on. Now I am stumped as to a solution for that. Do you think it would be ok to glue the frames to the cardstock? Should I just use foamcore for that wall?

ok last thing I have opted to not put in the wheel wells in the inside of the trailer and I am not going to use thier wooden wheels going to try and find some real tires (in the bottom of the G-sons toy box shhh) when you put the tires on do they actually go partway up into the wheel well? it hard to tell from the directions, and I have not put those parts together yet I am still in the planning stages of that part of the trailer but If i need to more bashing I would like to do it now before I get the floors put in.

on the bright side the built in couch I made for the front is turning out so cute, and I am making it so it lifts up for storage underneath, and made two small tables built into it on each end. I know someone is going to yell PICTURES ok I will get some taken tommorow ~grin~

Thank you tons

Rhonda