New member from Norway!

LindaChr

Hi!

I've found this forum trough SmallStuff and wanted to join, so here I am.

My name is Linda and I'm from Norway. I have built 3 dollhouses and have one in it's box, one of them are a Greenleaf (Beacon Hill). For me there's one negative and one positive about those houses, the positive is that those dollhouses are the most beautiful houses you can buy but the negative is the building prosess. I had so much problems with building my Beacon Hill for some years from cutting my finger :D to broken parts and wanted several times to use the hammer on it :) I used 3 months on building it and must say that I LOVE :p this house and I'm glad I bought it and built it :lol: I have thought about to have some renovation on my Beacon Hill but were thinking that this is not possible until I saw Teresa's house and what she has done with it, amazing :D I know it's a big job to do that but it's not impossible, so may be...one day I dare :)

I have a website so you can see my stuff.

http://home.o4u.no/lchrmini/

Linda

Welcome to the forum Linda. Your houses are just beautiful! You have a wonderful attention to detail and everything looks so real. Which house is in the box and are you going to be working on it soon?

Deb

Welcome to the forum Linda.  Your houses are just beautiful!  You have a wonderful attention to detail and everything looks so real.  Which house is in the box and are you going to be working on it soon?

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Deb.

The house that's in the box you can see it on my website under "Linda's bakeri".

I want to make a bakery in there, norwegian country style. I need som more space before I can start with it..........or I can just take some place somewhere :)

Linda

http://home.o4u.no/lchrmini/

Welcome to the forum Linda! Great to meet another miniaturist from Europe! :) I love your website, your dollhouses are wonderful. I love your "Sommerhus", it reminds me a little bit of my real summerhouse, I have nearly the same white bed and chest (I love white furniture!!!) in my 1/1 home. And your Beacon Hill looks great too!

Welcome, Linda! with a <BIG HUG> from another small stuffer! Mini thanks for sharing the pictures of you lovely houses & miniatures. I also like to do mini needlework, although knitting is most difficult for me :)

You will find familiar names here & meet many nice, new ones, too.

Good luck with your Beacon Hill.

Welcome Linda! What beautiful houses you have! I think one of the things I liked most about viewing your pictures were the tables with the table cloths, place mats, etc. Did you make your own?

Welcome Linda! What beautiful houses you have! I think one of the things I liked most about viewing your pictures were the tables with the table cloths, place mats, etc. Did you make your own?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Linda!

Yes, I did all the tablecloths myself, I like crocheting, knitting etc.

Linda

http://home.o4u.no/lchrmini/index.htm

Welcome Linda! After looking at your pictures, I only have one question for you . . . why on earth do you want to renovate your Beacon Hill?!! It's absolutely stunning!! :) I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Wow, I'm going to glean lots of inspiration from that house!!

I also loved the blue dining room in your kanal house. You sure have a knack for detail! The little purse sitting beside the chair was such a sweet addition!

Oh heck, it's just all fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with us and I hope to see more of you here as you build your bakery!!

Linda, did you stitch the kanalhus' diningroom carpet & chairseats? It looks like the Aubusson carpet from the Georgian needlecraft book I'm stitching, the striking thing is the blue border background, I'm stitching mine in pale aqua.

Did you make your furniture?

I love your site, lots of great ideas.

Welcome Linda!  After looking at your pictures, I only have one question for you . . . why on earth do you want to renovate your Beacon Hill?!!  It's absolutely stunning!!  :D  I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!  Wow, I'm going to glean lots of inspiration from that house!!

I also loved the blue dining room in your kanal house.  You sure have a knack for detail!  The little purse sitting beside the chair was such a sweet addition!

Oh heck, it's just all fantastic!  Thanks so much for sharing with us and I hope to see more of you here as you build your bakery!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you :p

Well..... :) .....eeeh.. :D ....hmmm.... :lol: .... :) . I know that I will do some renovation, example the bathroom, some wallpapering and flooring, and some outside. You have done a brilliant job with yours and I can understand how big job that was. How could you reach the wall behind the stairs etc.....?

It's very nice to get inspiration from each other.

That wall in behind the stairs is tricky especially if you're doing a renovation and not building, otherwise I would have done it before the stairs went in.

What I did was use a heavy weight paper and made a template. I cut up the paper into pieces and placed them around the edges of the wall and stairs using tape to hold it together. That took awhile because there was a lot of fanagaling, but eventually I got it to where I wanted it. Then I used the template to cut out my wallpaper and popped it in! There's nothing like a good old template to get the job done!! :)

I'm just in awe of your houses, Linda! If you're not already a designer, then you should be!! :)

P.S. I don't read Norwegian, but I caught the word "designer" in your introduction. Could I be on to something?!! :D

Hi Linda.

I'm new to this site also but am very new to miniatures.

I looked at your houses and all I can think is...."Oh my gosh!!!!!" They are beautiful !!!!!!!!! I must ask....Does your "real" house look as good? Where did you get all of your items? So many little detail things.

Again.......They are beautiful !!

Sherry

Linda, did you stitch the kanalhus' diningroom carpet & chairseats?  It looks like the Aubusson carpet from the Georgian needlecraft book I'm stitching, the striking thing is the blue border background, I'm stitching mine in pale aqua.

Did you make your furniture?

I love your site, lots of great ideas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Havanaholly. Yes, the pattern is from the book Miniature Embroidery for the Georgian Dolls' House by Pamela Warner. I love this carpet and it took long time to be finished. I have bought some of the dining furnitures from Norway and some from http://www.coco.cc/index.htm. I've made some furnitures too, example some furnitures in the livingroom, and the fireplaces etc.

That wall in behind the stairs is tricky especially if you're doing a renovation and not building, otherwise I would have done it before the stairs went in.

What I did was use a heavy weight paper and made a template.  I cut up the paper into pieces and placed them around the edges of the wall and stairs using tape to hold it together.  That took awhile because there was a lot of fanagaling, but eventually I got it to where I wanted it.  Then I used the template to cut out my wallpaper and popped it in!  There's nothing like a good old template to get the job done!!  :)

I'm just in awe of your houses, Linda!  If you're not already a designer, then you should be!!  :D

P.S.  I don't read Norwegian, but I caught the word "designer" in your introduction.  Could I be on to something?!!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks again. That was a very good idea to use a template before cutting the wallpaper in the right size. I will remember that.

In the introduction on my website I describe how wonderful this hobby are, you can be a carpenter, dressmaker, designer etc.....But I'm actually not a designer, I just work with miniatures as a hobby :)

Hi Linda.

I'm new to this site also but am very new to miniatures.

I looked at your houses and all I can think is...."Oh my gosh!!!!!"  They are beautiful !!!!!!!!!  I must ask....Does your "real" house look as good?  Where did you get all of your items?  So many little detail things.

Again.......They are beautiful !!

Sherry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Sherry. When I read your words I had to look around my house where I'm sitting.............. :) hehe, well, I have nice furnitures but not THAT nice.

My kitchen...I love my kitchen :)........it's new! The whole kitchen. Right before xmas it was finished.

I love miniatures and making them, I also like to look at others pictures to get inspiration, there's so much lovely miniatures to see, and I try to make the most by myself, today I've made oranges.

HI Linda,

Here is a great waiving from across the border LOL.

And yep I can vouch for Linda's exquisite knitting as well as other craftman ship as I am lucky enough to have made a swap with her :) You know Linda, there is a February swap coming up.... :)

Hugs

HI Linda,

Here is a great waiving from across the border LOL.

And yep I can vouch for Linda's exquisite knitting as well as other craftman ship as I am lucky enough to have made a swap with her  :)  You know Linda, there is a February swap coming up....  :)

Hugs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Anna!

So nice to see you here :D

I like to swap but February is too soon for me right now.

WELCOME!!! to the forum!

I am always amazed when rooms in dollhouses look as though the owners will be home any second.

your rooms are wonderfully put together!

glad you found us so you could share your wonderful works of art!

nutti :)