3/10/08 Water Worries

Do you drink bottled water or water from the faucet? They have found Pharmaceutical drugs in our drinking water and there are similar issues throughout the country. How do you feel about this? Is your city affected? Mine is. We drink filtered water BUT I cook with the Tap water. It makes me want to filter all the water in our house : :wave:

Here are a couple of links about it:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/10/pharm...?iref=hpmostpop

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g5DTmHR...qx-M0gD8VA1B700

The amounts are SO tiny that you'd likely have to drink GALLONS a day to affect you. Having said that, Milwaukee has had far more serious water problems than this, in the past (cryptosporidium)!

We drink well water here, our own well. I haven't had it tested lately (I really should!) but it's always tested just fine in the past. There is no farming going on around here for miles and miles, so no contaminants to get in to the water.

We too have well water - from a glacial stream. We have it tested yearly. It's very pure, ice cold from the tap and other than hardness (lots of iron) we don't have any problems. We also have to use a water softener....but even when it is tested it is pure. And ice cold. But we are lucky. When we go to Missoula we never drink the water.....full to overflowing with Chlorine! We take our own water with us.

I have a filter on my faucet. I wash some dishes in regular tap water, other than that I used filtered water. I even give my dogs and birds filtered water. I don't trust anything that comes from pipes.

Since neither the city nor the county has seen fit to run water or sewer out to our road our tapwater comes from a wel. Unlike many of our neighbors, ours is a deep well, so our water comes out of the N FL Aquifer. Other than soluble iron our water is clear and delicious.

Now that they figured out the problem, treatment plants will probably be working double time to fix it.

Think about it. You flush the unused pills down the toilet or you go to the bathroom and their are traces of it in your waste.

It goes thru the waste water treatment plant and they clean it and re-use it...Ewwww! They were cleaning for pathogens and germs but they werent thinking of cleaning for pharmacuticals.

No wonder we have become resistant to some antibiotics. Mr. Jones flushes the bp meds his dr told him not to use anymore and then a while later He is taking them again...unknowingly!