I - am - just - floored!

rodentraiser

With all the talk about not going to ebay and the alternate sites, I decided to try Craigslist this morning.

I found: a Noel Thomas shell offered for $700

another huge (43 x 23 x43) Victorian shell with a tower that I don't recognize for $195

a Walmer Victorian Mansion - the one with 5 floors and 13 rooms that opens from the front - fully decorated, electrified and furnished - for $800

and somewhere (I was too stunned to notice exactly) a little Willowcrest completely put together for only $100.

Not to mention the other Beacon Hills, Simplicity with gazebo porch, Duracraft Colonials, etc etc.

All of these were withing driving distance for me. I can't afford any of them. So....which one should I get? (Notice I didn't have to say I don't need any of them and I have no room to put any of them!)

We're boycotting eBay for the next week (we boycotted this last week) because they: 1) stopped allowing sellers to post negatives against buyers; 2) they GREATLY increased their fees, causing most all of us small sellers to quickly realize we won't make any profit; 3) they're generally a pain in the patootie.

I haven't yet found anything good on Craigslist. I must be looking in the wrong catagories...

Seems no one in the Chicagoland area ever parts with GOOD dollhouses :wicked: , but I did see a completed Harrison with some furniture in the Libertyville area for $40.00 if anyone here is close by that. Only about 45 minutes from me, but I'm in too much trouble as it is! :lol:

I don't understand about posting on craigslist, maybe someone can help me. When I posted on there, it listed only for my county. Is there a way I can post it for several areas or can I just move to s different county & post the same item? I asked them the question, but never got an answer. Thanks

Steve

I don't understand about posting on craigslist, maybe someone can help me. When I posted on there, it listed only for my county. Is there a way I can post it for several areas or can I just move to s different county & post the same item? I asked them the question, but never got an answer. Thanks

Steve

The Craigslist here will only let me post in one area at a time (I'm in a sort of central location, between two "neighborhoods"). The whole idea I guess is "keep it local". I tried to post in both and got a rather pointed email from them, to this effect.

Be careful, too -- I got what I thought was a promising e-mail from a prospective buyer, wanting more information. When I supplied it ..it was clearly a scam..one of these "....I'm really from out of the country but my buyer will take care of this transcation send us your credit card information and we'll deposit the money there..." thing. Forget it. I haven't tried Craigslist again.

What's really, really sad is in September, I'm flying cross country to see a friend of mine and I may rent a car and drive back. Now what if I rented a van and bought all those dollhouses between Maine and Washington that I like? Talk about coming home from the super yard sale!

lol Hallowell,then I hope if the day ever comes for the bidding war that I dont have to bid against you :)Hope youre out of town on vacation....Id give up a lot too,but a weeks worth of food....lol:)

With all the yearnings for a willowcrest, I wouldn't be surprised if they came back into production. I still don't know what I am going to do with mine.
I don't seem to have that problem... I got my Willowcrest kit when HBS marked them down to clear them out when they stopped being made and it hasn't shut up since! I made the Small family to live in it and have collected enough mini Orientalia to fill two or three of them! At one point Judith & I were deliberating on how to bash two of them together...