RGT - Queen Anne Dollhouse

Guest Valerie

Guest Valerie

If you are currently working on this dollhouse, or have it stuffed away in a closet, hesitant to start the kit, or if you are just thinking about building this fabulous house, you may be interested in joining the Queen Anne Yahoo group. This group started about a year ago by another miniaturist can be very motivating, helpful and a lot of fun sharing for anyone interested in the Real Good Toys Queen Anne Dollhouse kit. So if the QA is the house for you I would like to invite you to join us at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QueenAnneDollhouse/

Valerie

California

Well, the Queen Anne is a real dream dollhouse. I would love to build one - but same here - if I had the room and money... :) But, please, post pictures! I would love to see your Queen Anne, Valerie! :huh:

Just before we took DMIL to Nancy's in Naples, FL, she sent me a newspaper clipping of a couple's dh in Tampa and it was the Queen Anne. It is ENORMOUS! Like Wende, I don't have a room in my house it would fit in, nor I door I could take it through whould I ever build one & have to donate it (no one could ever afford what I would want to charge for it if I ever built it! That rascal has 13 rooms and if it's made from MDF, just imagine what it must weigh! Or what the $shipping co$t$ would run!

• Like 1

Guest Valerie

Hello All:

Yes, the Queen Anne is a big house (50" W x 24" D x 49" H), but unlike many of you that seem to be able to build one beautiful house after another, this one is going to be my one and only attempt at a dollhouse. (It will probably take me years to complete it)

Calamari and Melissa: Dollhouses, Trains and More does have a pink and green Queen Anne on display. They use to also have a gray one for a few months but I understand someone bought it. (With a $4,000 price tag. Wow!)

Anne: I will be happy to post pics of my progress once I get the nerve to crack open the two boxes and begin the assembly process.

Havanaholly - The QA is not available in MDF only plywood. But I am sure it is still quite heavy. A new member to the QA Yahoo group says she has an "almost finished" QA - just needs landscaping, and her and her husband are unable to move the house at all. Yikes!

Valerie

Yes, the Queen Anne is a big house (50" W x 24" D x 49" H), but unlike many of you that seem to be able to build one beautiful house after another, this one is going to be my one and only attempt at a dollhouse. (It will probably take me years to complete it)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's my plan too, to build only one but the "perfect" dollhouse!

Anne: I will be happy to post pics of my progress once I get the nerve to crack open the two boxes and begin the assembly process.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see, so I have to wait! :p:)

The QA is not available in MDF only plywood.  But I am sure it is still quite heavy.  A new member to the QA Yahoo group says she has an "almost finished" QA - just needs landscaping, and her and her husband are unable to move the house at all.  Yikes!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can't move it? Wow! :ph34r:

That's my plan too, to build only one but the "perfect" dollhouse!

That was me before I got into decorating the Cambridge & began talking about my "next" house :lol: I guess dollhouse kits are like potato chips.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for taking a look and for all your compliments! It's such a dream house to build .... well ... I guess all my houses were "dream houses" at the time I was working on them! :lol: They're each so different, especially when they're made by different manufacturers ... all are unique in their own way!

Marcia in Fremont, OH

http://www.picturetrail.com/miniatureoma

The pocket doors are Timberbrook #4800 Paneled Pocket Doors. I ordered mine from Earth & Tree, but any mini shop should be able to order them for you if they don't carry them in stock. Really easy to do ... it's a full wall, 10" H x 16" W. To reduce the height you cut off the top of the wall. You can take off as much as 2 3/4" from the width ... equally from each side or >2 from either side. The instructions say the wall can be cut down as small as 7 1/4" high x 12" wide. Trim for the doors comes with it, but since it's plain ... I made my own. They're spring loaded like Timberbrook Windows for The Pierce, so you can remove the doors to stain or paint them. I understand Timberbrook makes a French Pocket Door also ... with windows.

Marcia in Fremont, OH

http://www.picturetrail.com/miniatureoma

Did I mention that I am starting to turn positively green with envy! I would love to have a Queen Anne fall into my lap to build! Well, maybe not in my lap ... perhaps at my feet ...

Marcia, your queen anne is beautiful. I purchased the kit in december but it will probably be over a year before I build it (i have a couple of other projects ahead of it in line). I found a great deal on the kit which would have saved me hundreds of dollars so I HAD to get it then and there. I have some big plans for it and the only thing i will replace on the house is the front door. I found one that I like ALOT better and will need to widen the opening just slightly. The front door is the only disappointment that I have for the kit. I think this kit will be more tricky to build and that is another reason that i want to build another kit in particular first. The other kit is not as tricky and will give me the experience to build the queen anne. How do you find your experience building it? Looking forward to more pictures of your house! Margarita