Lighting question

Muriel

Oh bother! I extracted the fuse, not a normal one, it has a glass tube with metal ends... Dig out my stash of fuses. I have 3, 5 and 13 amps. Look up the number on the glass tube on the internet as it doesn't say 3, 5 or 13. Apparently it is 2A! well that is just plain inconvenient! Especially as our local electrical shop is closed this easter monday. So will have to wait a while longer to find out if it is the fuse - unless someone knows if I can put a 3A in it safely instead?

muriel, i replaced mine with a 5amp...the guy in the electrical shop said it would last longer...technical jargon blah blah.....anyways since i did that a year ago i've had no problems whatsoever and i have the lights on 2 or 3 hours a night :D

Oh people, we have light!!! :groucho: I'm so excited!! Had to have a play with the house. Tidied it up and made it pretty to go with the pretty lights. :rofl: My laptop is away at repair man's place, otherwise you'd have pictures :p Whoooohooo! (lol and it only took 13 months to sort out! - admittedly I probably hadn't tried anything for 12 months) Yippeeee! Now i am again inspired to finish off the house building bits - stair handrail, front door trim and downstairs trim.

Yipee!!! I knew it had to be a fuse with the same symptoms. Can't wait to see photos. BTW, I don't know about in the UK, but here you can get those fuses at an auto supply store or even the gas station. They are so inexpensive I hate to see you buy them on ebay. I'm so glad we figured this out! :groucho:

Thanks for the tip, i'll have a look at a few places in town tomorrow. And thanks for checking in on this thread after a year or so with a solution :groucho: