For those who have wallpapered the San Fran

Rhonda

When you did the attic room did you do the tiny ceiling and that back wall as well as the sloping roof/wall all the same? I just cant seem to visulize the placement of the wall paper in that room.

I am opting to not put the divider wall, and make it one huge room. But I think all that wall paper will be too overwhelming. The maid will live up there as well as it doubling as a laundry/sewing and what not room. I plan on making a screen to make a partition of sorts where her sleeping area will be.

I also used one large room,I stucco-ed and aged it and added chimney up the sides to cut down on the space,using foamcore and paperclay. The tiny triangle room on the very top I just stained dark brown.

The tiny triangle room on the very top I just stained dark brown.

I am going to build a drawer to go there that will hold seasonal/extra little goodies I tried and tried to figure out how to hide that opening and my son came up with the idea of just making a drawer. The front of the drawer will cover up the whole opening while the sides of the drawer will not be that deep, otherwise you would not have any room to put things inside of it due to how narrow the top is.

I have decided to try papering the whole things, since I am making false walls for everything if I decide I hate it I can always change it later.

I got way too carried away with the attic room in the San Fran. First of all, I recut the floor larger so I could lower it and make a larger attic. I had a piece of brick wallpaper and put that in the back and then used the J. Hermes 1940 newspaper looking wallpaper for the sides. Then I put little beams up the sides to a main beam at the very top.

I wanted it to look as if the attic hadn't changed since the day the house was built. I stained the beams a dark walnut and also put in a dark walnut floor. It would have looked real nice if you hadn't needed a flashlight to see anything in there because I forgot to wire it for a light! :flowers:

No, unfortunately, I never had a camera or computer until a couple of years ago. In fact, the only house I have pictures of is the one I'm bashing now. The house is floating around in San Jose somewhere - I finished off the attic and the top floor and then gave it away to a friend to give to one of her friends 7 years ago because I was moving up to Washington.

I'm sure it's loved somewhere, but I wish now I had kept it.

I don't think I can stand the thought, actually. This was the second version of the San Fran. You know how the siding slides down into the posts and then on the inside you have those gaps between the posts so you can't run baseboard or moulding around the room?

Well, I got some 1/8 board and cut - yes, cut! - pieces to fit in between the posts for every single inside surface, which brought the walls flush with the posts and basically made the house 1/4 inch thick throughout.

Hours of work and I gave that house away because there was no room in the truck when I moved! Now I know better. If that happens again, the clothes will get tossed first to make room for the dollhouse!