how do you get blood off wood?

well I really did it, I sliced the pad of my thumb pretty good while trimming some wood inside my san fran and got blood on my new hard wood floors (unfinshed), the door frame and the porch. I can pull it up and replace the boards of the floor but I am hoping I dont have to do that as I just got it all sanded down and it looks so good. I am afraid if I try bleach it might bleach the pop-sicle stick floors and lighten them too much. I do have a sub floor that it is made on so I can pull it out if I need to but I would have to separate it from the part at the back where it wraps around the end of the wall by the front door.

The other places I can sand and paint over to hide it.

I cleaned up the best I could with cold water and some dish detergent but I didnt want to get it too wet either for fear of warping the floor.

sooo any advice?

thank you

Rhonda

Rhonda...just leave it,it adds character,lol. Do you know when the Amish make a quilt they always leave a drop of blood on the cloth to show their humility to (God). I think thats cool. Plus 50 years from now if someone wants to find out who owned and built that house,they can always run a DNA sample on your blood stain and find out :blink:

Rhonda...just leave it,it adds character,lol. Do you know when the Amish make a quilt they always leave a drop of blood on the cloth to show their humility to (God). I think thats cool. Plus 50 years from now if someone wants to find out who owned and built that house,they can always run a DNA sample on your blood stain and find out :blink:

hahahahaha that cracked me up. the blood is right in the doorway maybe I can hide it with a rug ~sigh~

I am patiently waiting for it to dry and hoping it wont be so noticable then

I'm glad you're okay and that your first "blooding of the dollhouse" wasn't too severe.

Try a little hydrogen peroxide to take the blood out. It lifts blood stains from fabric, so it should work for wood too. I'd put just a few drops at a time on the stain. It'll bubble up, so use a cotton ball to dab at it to lift it up. Don't rub or push too hard, just gently dab at it to abosorb the peroxide and then keep repeating the process till all the blood is gone.

Deb

Do you realize your house may be trying to tell you something? Maybe it wants to be a haunted mansion or the scene of a murder mystery play..."I think the murderer was Mr. Custard in the foyer,with a knife"....lol

Try it on a piece of scrap wood and see. I mean, try the peroxide, not the bleeding again. If all else fails, get some Minwax Bombay Mahogany stain. It's a gorgeous color and would blend with the bloodstain.

Deb

Meat tenderizer removes blood by breaking down the proteins. It doesn't bleach anything - just make a paste and let it set for a bit, then remove. You can get more specific directions with a Google search.

Hope you're OK and no stitches needed.

Best of luck -

Carol

Oh the times i have bed for minis. I can't count that high, for a while there i had a cut on every finger. Have yet to cut my self this month. Great i probably jinxed my self.

well the peroxide worked! yay you can like barely see it waiting for the wood to be totally dry then going to sand it a bit more.

I dont think ms Abby would go for a blood stain right on her doorstep lol

I know that if you spill your blood on fabric, your own saliva cleans it up better than anything else! But that amount of blood - you're going to have to spit a lot....but that is what I would try first. Sounds gross I know, but it works on cloth. Just spit into a little dish or something, and rub gently with qtip or piece of cloth....and it should come right off!

NO I am NOT crazy!

The enzymes in saliva will digest the proteins in the blood, but the H2O2 works best because it removes the red color from the blood without damaging. digesting anything. Hospital nurses in the days before color-coded scrubs wore white everywhere and peroxide is da bomb for getting all the bloodstains out.