How to paint my orchid

ike

• 3 weeks later...

I actually liked the color on the box, so that is probably what I will be using. This will be the first house where I've ever used the box colors. It was also completely different from any of my other color schemes.

You can also look thru the Orchid Build Blog.

Try and decide on the main color you would like. Then work from there. You can do colors that compliment the main color..contrasting colors..

I hope this helps a bit.

Do you have an idea what color you want the main body of the house to be? Then we can help you with ideas on the trim and such.

The Blogs are a great place to look for ideas and too, looking at the box and cutting it out (The picture part) and taking it with you as you look for paint colors. You can even ask for help at Home depot in choosing colors. :bigwink:

Some of the paint sites (like Benjamin Moore) have color wheels and groupings to show which colors go together. I "hear" colors (don't ask, I always have & don't know why, some sort of sensory wiring fluke, I suppose) so some of mine don't look like they'd work, but they do for me, and I'm the one who has to look at them.

I say pick colors you like, and go with it. There are no wrong colors!! I like things kinda patterned myself, so I pick a main body color, then use colors that I think will compliment that on trim, windows and doors. Sometimes I use 3 or more colors on one house. Have fun, if you don't like your first choice repaint in a different color.

There are no wrong colors!!
Oh, unfortunately there are! and I've had the misfortune to have heard them! Not everyone has your excellent color sense or perception (my DH is colorblind).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My colours i am doing on my orchid are a blueish purple colour on the outside with white trim and the colours on the inside are purple and yellow which sounds kind of odd but is not as terrible as you might think

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_your...ors/visualizer/

go to this site, and try out different colors. They will actually provide sample exteriors for you to try colors on, you can also upload your own picture to color. :banana:

The colors you pick go on automatically and you can change combinations until you find one that you like. You can even print it out for referrence.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...