2/13/08 Romantic Day

Minis On The Edge

Oh, I was just talking to DH about this yesterday!

Okay, lots of candles, cozy clothes (or not) fire place going, sweets, massages, and some fab food. Oh I can't leave out some really chioce wine.

Maybe a nice bath in the Jacuzzi tub with some bubbles...

Hmmm that sounds really nice :(

I have a friend who just spent the day with her husband shoveling snow and playing in it with him while the kids were at school and she said it was the most romantic day to her. She said afterwards they had hot coco and just talked. Now, I hate the cold, but it made me wonder what other people considered a "Romantic" day.

Well I'm a little old for romance, but to me a romantic day with Doug is a snuggle, cuddle and/or anything else we come up with! A romantic day too is the the neighbor takes Princess to her house for an overnight stay with her friend Teddy And Doug and I can snuggle up to watch a DVD and drink hot spiced mocha coffee! And just wear our robes all day!

Okay..the younger ones of the group are going to think this is very very boring but....

Romantic to Fred and I is simple..just time together. We could be spending the day in bed (stop the dirty minds)..watching tv. He could give up the remote or I could give up the remote.

It could be as simple as us going out to breakfast and having a nice hour long conversation over eggs.

That is why I know we are soulmates...We still have stuff to talk about. We do not sit across the table from one another and be mute.

Romantic day? People actually get a whole romantic day???? Lol!

We don't do romantic days. Not for an awfully long time anyhow. But we do sweet little gestures that can make a whole day brighter.

Coming home from a hard day at work and seeing that my dh picked up dinner on the way home and fed the dogs when he got here & started the fire in the woodstove so it would be toasty by the time I got home - that's romantic to me.

Or the time we went to Texas to visit his relatives and I was floored to see that not only could you buy great big bottles of sunflower oil in the grocery store - but they were cheap. At that time in Washington none of the grocery stores in our area carried sunflower oil and it was one of the main ingredients I used in making soap and I had to order it over the internet. Well I had to fly home early to get back to work - when he arrived home and I picked him up at the airport - his suitcases felt like they were loaded with bricks - turned out not to be bricks - he had filled the suitcases with several bottles of sunflower oil :flowers: and he'd left most of his vacation clothes behind in order to fit more in. All as a suprise for me. Now that's romantic!

Every Sunday, my DH takes me out for breakfast. We get up really early. Our favorite restaurant is open at 6am so we are always there early. Then we spend the day shopping together. I love it. Of course, he loves the fact that I like hardware stores too. And it's even nicer since a new Lowes opened up not to far away from us, so we spend hours just walking the aisles. Then we go to all the Dollar Stores just to look at what's new. Then we eat dinner out, usually around 3 - 4pm, pick up a movie for the evening. I can't tell you how much I look forward to Sunday's. DH is one terrific guy!

Mmmmmm, a romantic day....

Waking up not by the alarm clock but by oneself and seeing the clear blue sky and a hint of sunshine and being able to sneka out of bed and prepare the breakfast so that hubby wakes by the smell of freshly brewed coffee and new baked scones instead of the alarm blasting off. Then hopefully after finishing a loooong sit at the table talking about this that and the other, refill the coffee and bring along outside the front of the ouse enjoying the sunshine and fresh air.

After breaskfast we would go for a long bikeride bring the camera along, stop for a leg stretch at one of the lakes we would be passing and take a couple of pics, then continue the bikeride up and down those hills LOL

And when getting home and after showers and such, starting to prep something that we could throw on the barbecue and talk some more while doing this together, we do most of these things sort of side by side and after dinner perhaps snuggle up in the couch to watch a movie....

Sort of just taking the day as it comes and having no schedule to follow and most of all just be able to spend time together, even weeding the flower beds LOL can be a lot of fun....

Hugs and thanks for the chance of stopping up and thinking about this!