dresser tray for prefume bottles

Rhonda

Made this tonight and I thought it was so easy that I would pass along how I did it.

I took a small mirror I pried out of a dollar store eye shadow cosmetic case (the pressed powders will be used for coloring items and the tins they come in make perfect baking pans)

Next I took some tiny scalloped lace trim and painted it gold on both sides.

After it dired it was stiff and looked like gold filligree.

The scallps were the perfect size to glue on each end of the mirror and the straight part on the bottom side was perfect for the front and back edges of the mirror.

darn I just looked at the pictures I uploaded and they are way too dark I will post pictures tommorow so you can see the finished project.

ok I cannot seem to get pictures of this thing, if I take them from above it reflects off the little mirror and from the sides it just does not look right. Let me mess around with it some more and see what happens.

Just realized when I read back through my post I wasnt very clear about the shape of the mirror it is rectangular 1 1/2" by about 1/2"

cool! thanks for the idea and the pictures! Now I need to work on some perfume bottles...My first house is almost done...just need lots of accessories. Thanks again for the great idea!

hit up the goodwill or a thrift shop for old costume jewelry that you can tear apart I hit the mother lode awhile back and got a glass jar full of old jewelry for 7.00 I have enough beads and findings to last me for a long time.

okay.. I was in Michael's today.. Bought a package of 1 inch square mirrors. They can be used for mirror tiling a bathroom wall?? Or for the perfume bottles?

Came in a package of 25 of them for about $2

Why not for a wall AND trays??

It looks Great!!!!

okay.. I was in Michael's today.. Bought a package of 1 inch square mirrors. They can be used for mirror tiling a bathroom wall?? Or for the perfume bottles?

Came in a package of 25 of them for about $2

ooo I will have to go check that out, thank you!