Not what I expected

Deb

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got home from the ultrasound and my throat is singing Ava Maria coz it really hurts like the devil when it's been pushed and prodded.

Anyway, the ultrasound tech said I don't have a thyroid gland..........I have an easter basket. The last ultrasound several years ago showed I had 7 nodules then. She said she hadn't kept a complete count, but there are somewhere around 14-16 of them now. Ten of them are "significant" in size, meaning at least 2 cm long and four of those are closer to 3 cm. (no wonder I've had this feeling of being crowded!) She asked if the endo had mentioned a biopsy and nodded in agreement when I told her he had said I'd need one if there were more nodules or if they had grown since the last scan.

I'm not really worried about cancer because less than 5% of multi-nodules are malignant and these look to be pretty clearly defined and regular in shape. But regardless of the nature of them, with this many and the way they're growing and bringing along friends, they obviously can't stay there. The tech said they get the results to the dr within 24 hours so hopefully I'll hear from the endo on Monday and we'll see where we go from here.

Deb

Oh sweetie, here is a nice cup of tea where I added some honey > and pssst don't tell the doc but I think there is some strong stuff as well in there :thumb: < I hope you will get an answer quickly in Monday so that you will know on what to ponder so to speak.

Lots of hugs!

Chelsea has PCOS. She has been taking Metformin for it for the past couple years. She has lost a bit of weight but not alot. If you saw how much she actually ate during the day you would wonder where here weight was coming from..She should be a skinny minny. She has to deal with the acne and hair but her cycles are fine.

I have a feeling that I may have it too. I have always had all the symptoms that Chelsea has except I was a fertile myrtle.

What have you tried for it? The acne is driving her up a tree and nothing seems to be working for it.

Well right now I am not on my medications cause I thought it was causing my legs to swell...

So I got scared and stopped taking it... I took Actos (Pioglitazone)..

I took Glucophage (Metformin) first but the running back and forth to the bathroom

I couldn't handle with my line of work I can't do that..

I might to ask to try Avandia it is one that I have not tried yet...

Has she tried that Proactive for her skin? You hear all the commericals not sure if it works or

not but can't hurt to try..

Anna, if you want to put a dollop or two of whiskey in that tea, I wouldn't turn it down tonight. I think I'm still in a bit of shock about the size and the number of nodules they found. I knew that at least a couple of them were bigger, but I wasn't expecting to hear that new ones had moved in......or at least that many of them.

Keep busy this weekend Deb......and don't worry! We're all here for you should you need us! I feel what you are going through honey!

Thanks Wolfie. I appreciate that. I'm not real worried about it altho the scan did show blood flow thru some of the larger nodules which means they are live tissue and not cysts. That could still just mean that they're autonomous adenomas and nothing more.

Deb

That could still just mean that they're autonomous adenomas and nothing more.

As a lifelong Cubs fan, I never thought I'd be caught cheering for the Autonomous Adenomas, but if it will help you, I'll give it my all!

:thumb: :wtg:

:):p:banana: :banana: :banana:

Anna, if you want to put a dollop or two of whiskey in that tea, I wouldn't turn it down tonight. I think I'm still in a bit of shock about the size and the number of nodules they found. I knew that at least a couple of them were bigger, but I wasn't expecting to hear that new ones had moved in......or at least that many of them.

Thanks Wolfie. I appreciate that. I'm not real worried about it altho the scan did show blood flow thru some of the larger nodules which means they are live tissue and not cysts. That could still just mean that they're autonomous adenomas and nothing more.

Deb

Yep, a couple of dollops added!!!! (and there is more where that came from if you want another cuppa' or we can just skip the tea and have a scotch on the rocks instead or without "rocks" what ever way you prefer!)

And I am going over standing next to Kathie trying to learn the steps (pretty new to the cheerleading....) picking up the pompoms and chiming in as well

:thumb: :wtg:

:):p:banana::banana::banana:

Oh, now this is fuuuuun, exhausting but fun, anyone else joining in, there are extra pompoms over there >nodding over to the left< OK, so now I caught my breath Gooooo Deb!!!! :(

Deb, I feel for you. I had a chest x-ray the other day, and now I have to go through a Bronchostomy next Wednesday. I am not looking forward to that, at all. If the biopsy shows cancer, I know what I am in for. Major surgery, then all kinds of treatments that are not fun at all. I have 3 people in my family that have been having chemo these last several months. Right now, those 3 are doing great, and have the worst behind them.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you as we both go through the Dr's routines. Take care, and come on here to vent any time! [i wish they would have given me some valium, I sure need it right now]!