Mailing Custom Minis

you dont say if this is a canopy bed or not?

I would wrap the bed its self in the soft packing foam and put in a sturdy snug box and than place that box in a bigger box with packing peanuts. I do the hutches that I make with open doors like that...no one has complained yet.

good luck with your sales!

nutti :yes:

Holly, that's the way I ship my beds too. If you go to usps.com, you can order shipping boxes for free and they'll deliver them to your door. (with the price of bubble wrap and peanuts, the free boxes really help with the cost of shipping) I get boxes that are just about the same size as the beds, then put that box into a larger box with lots of packing materials around it. I double box the houses that I ship the same way.

Good luck with your sales!!

Deb

The "shoe boxes" sold by USPS on line are about the best for shipping beds and furniture. If it is a canopy bed I stuff the inside of the bed with loosely squashed plastic grocery bags....this gives extra support to the canopy and tall legs for the bed, then I wrap it in bubble wrap and more grocery bags..... Then put it in the box with paper towels or newspapers to support the bed and protect it.

Hopefully you will also mark it FRAGILE on the outside! I seldom have anything broken......

Thank you, This is the bed that I want to be able to mail. I have done a little more to it. I still may add one more thing to it.

gallery_19_1156_99657.jpg

Its approximately 5.5"H x 6" W x 8" D from the outside edges of the beads. The head board moves a little; its only held by the wire and glue at the bottom. The rest of it seems pretty sturdy.

It's Beautiful!!! I Think you already got the best answers for your questions and I agree the free boxes from USPS.com are the best! Most customers like Bubble wrap better than the popcorn stuff because that stuff shifts too much. Bubble wrap will hold things in place.

:yes:

Bubble wrap will hold things in place.

That's the secret to shipping delicate items. If they are held in place and cushioned from outside blows, they'll sail on through whatever the shipping company throws at them.

Here is how I would ship it. First I would get a box a little to big for it. use bubble wrap it very carfully then worm the box. so it wont move. for instance. when I mail a flying polymer clay fairy. a roll the bubble wrap in a role behind the wings and then put crushed worms in around her. the worms hold it all in place.

Bubble wrap around the mattress until it the same hight as the bed posts. place it on bubble wrap and them drown it in worms. I t will not be able to move at all. also if you tie a string to a strong part you can enclose instructions to hold the box over the trash hold string secularly then pour out the box until the item comes free.