New here with a Beacon Hill.

darkmoon

I've been reading non-stop and have learned much already: such as: measure doorways before starting to build! And: buy an Easy Cutter and get some regular wood glue! All the great links are really so helpful- I've been all over the web checking and bookmarking and ohhing and ahhing at the beautiful houses you all have built. I can hardly wait to start~ Thanks for the nice welcome!

Hi- yes I have several unrelated parts of a theme- I'm coming to this hobby from the direction of owning small (1/12) articulated dolls that I wanted a setting for. One of my dolls is a cat-headed human so her room I plan as a leopard theme. The other dolls are: an elf doll~ she'll have a woodland themed setting and finally there are the Monnaemi sisters- little oriental girls so, natcherly, they'll have some orientally themed things.

Now, seeing what this- the building of kits, is all about, I am thrilled even without the wonderful "girls". Two engrossing hobbies! I plan to post pics of the girls here soon.

I am shopping around for stuff but not buying till I know more about the restrictions and requirements of the Beacon Hill.

Welcome to the forum!!

Your dolls sound very intriquing!! :( I can't wait to see what you do with the themed rooms in the Beacon Hill. You'll love this house!

Good luck!! Can't wait to see your pictures!!