Garfield newbie

Dutchmen204

Hi everyone I just bought the Garfield for my daughter, she is very excited about it. I just finished the foundation and surprisingly it looks pretty good for a beginner. I have been reading alot of stuff on this website and it has given me alot of great ideas and tips. Look forward to sharing my progress with you and I'm sure I'll have tons of questions. Again Hi everybody and I'm excited to be a part of this fun little community. :(

!!WELCOME!!

there are several here who are just starting this wonderful house!

I look forward to seeing everyones photos! and hearing all your adventures.

how old is your daughter?

is she very excited? I would be!!

Have a great time with your house!

nutti :(

Welcome to the forum, Dutchmen 204 :D How many Dutchmen are you? :(

The Garfield is a beautiful house I would love to build one day. It's exciting to watch so many different folks building one, and it'll be doubly so to see all y'all's pictures showing the different things you do to & with the kit.

We are all newbies when it comes to a kit we haven't built before.

Welcome Dutchman

And a hi ho to another Garfield Lover

Good miniing to you

I just put some new pic of mine on my web

for christmas had a ball with it .It's still not finished.

I have been doing wall papering today :( forgot that you have to be a contorrtionist to get in those tight places :D

Donna

Thank you for your warm responses. And there is only one of me :( sorry, typo it was suppose to be dutchman not dutchmen :D Anyway my daughter is 4yo she is going to help me decorate it. The plan is over the years we add more furniture and different decorations to it. She'll be able to grow up with it and maybe pass it on to her children. But I have to admit, I'm alittle hooked on it so I foresee future houses. I'll try and get some pics for you all. Hope everyone has a good new year. :D

Hi and welcome to the forum!! :D My husband is Dutch, so needless to say I love a Dutch man! :(

Your daughter is going to love this house and you'll have so much fun building it with her. Be sure to take lots of pictures!!

By the way, from the flag where are you?

I live in Michigan just north of Detroit. I grew up in an area with a large Dutch population. I also am Dutch like my name says B) . And like the saying goes...if your not Dutch your not much :D . I'm sure you've heard that before, being married to a Dutch man. ;)

Hey I'm Dutch too! I was born in Rotterdam and immigrated quite a lot of years ago to California. At one time there were a lot of Dutch people in the area we moved to also. Worked for a time at a Dutch import store

So Welkom! to the forum.

Welcome to the forums! I just joined a few weeks ago and im hooked aswell! I just started building the Garfield last week so I thought I'd post on here. I have lots of pics of my progress on my signature bellow. This is a wonderful house. And my first house as well! I am now offically addicted to the world of miniatures. I'm on ebay constantly searching for new and wonderful items to include in my house!

good luck!! :)