Danbury, CT Spring Fair

Sturbridge is very do-able Heidi, I am game. We could be like roving show reporters for New England.............LOL listen to me............as if we didn't have other things to do.........................wait.........do we?

The hotel lobby sounds fine, although Heidi and I do want to be early as she said.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dawn,

You and Heidi sound like real mini "go-getters"! I bet you are a lot of fun to be with. So what time do you expect to get to the Ethan Allen Inn?...It's okay, you can tell me. I'm sitting down. Just name it and I'll join you. Melissa

Dont you know it Melissa! LOL

We have a common interest and only live 10-15 min away from each other. Both girls will be going to a Buddhist celebration on that day so the house will be empty.

Fred is working Dawn so I will not have use of my car. If we are leaving early...Dunkin Donuts must be the first stop!

I have been thinking we should get to the hotel around 9am the latest. Hopefully that will get us early enough in line for the prizes. So we should leave (time for dd & traffic?) your house at 7am. We can do earlier if Melissa thinks that we need to get there because of the early crowd................Open for suggestions.

7am is fine by me...Coofffffeeee! LOL

MonsterFace wakes me up at 5-6am anyway so I will be ready to go by then. 8 more days! (not including today!)

I've never arrived at the show at the opening time. I usually go about 45 minutes after the opening. I can't imagine there would be any benefit to being there before 9:00a.m., so your plan to be there at/or about that time sounds reasonable. But you girls can decide what's best for you since you have quite a distance to travel. I'm just 30 minutes away so I'm flexible. Looking forward to meeting you!

Hubby thinks that by 9am there will be more than 10 people in line Heidi. I think we should call the hotel to see if they can tell us when people start arriving for the show. Maybe we need to be earlier...........IDK..................think we should call?

Sounds like you 3 are gonna have a blast at this show! Happy mini-hunting and I hope you find many, many wonderful items! I'm not quite to your excitement level yet, as the Bishop Show is not for another 3 weeks, but by the end of the month, Redneck Princess and I will be fairly bubbling over with excitement as we have never been to a show. I just hope I have enough money to get me through the first 10 tables.. :bigwink::huh: I may have to tie my hands behind my back for the first hour... :banana:

Have fun and hope you take pic's of your outing...we love eye-candy :rofl:

Chris

Yeah, I think there will be more then 10 people in line by 9am. This is a taste of mini madness before the Sturbridge show in the Spring so there may be people thinking along the same lines as us...

Maybe a call should be in order...I see me getting up before the neighborhood rooster! How long does it take to get there?

2 hours?

Say we wanted to get there at 7am or 8am...then we would have to leave at..GASP! 5am-6am so that would mean getting up at 4am..

I can do it! I will just go to bed early that night.

1 MORE WEEK!!!!

WooHoo!!!

Yippee!!!

Yay!

*i know that is alot of excitement but I have never been to a mini show before. Plus an opportunity to spend the day with Dawn, and to get away from the family..It is all good.

I have not been to a show since college, yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well not a mini show, have done food shows, hotel shows and such. I think I will call the hotel this week, and see if they can offer any insight into the deal.

JudithFa is going! She lives in Stamford.

Dawn, Check out her thread in the Introductions section. She has been before.

Here is the weather for the Danbury area for Sunday. Here in our area it will be just raining. So I guess we should get up really early to get there so we can get a parking spot and a good spot in line. Dawn, REMIND ME...to bring my handicap parking placard. We can use it for parking. I will forget!

We are going to have to PM each other our cell phone numbers so we can all find each other.

Goody! Only 6 more days!

Okay, I say we leave at 5am, that gives us time to drive through the rain, get good parking and hopefully a spot on line. My cell is (860) 303-3297. Maybe we should all try and wear the same color top or something, you know like navy or blue or whatever. Dh said if there is no line we could get coffe or something, or if a line one of us wait and the other go for stuff. IDK

Yup!

Hubby is the smarty here! :lol:

Even if there is NO line, one should always stay to protect the space! :wave:

Dawn needs a tea or coffee...Heidi guards and barks..Heidi needs a pit stop..Dawn holds tight to the sacred space! LOL

Blue? Hmmm Gonna have to look for some blue.

5am...Okay. I will pm you my information so you know how to get here. 5am! I havent woken up that early since I woke up for work at the P.O..

I can do it! Mini`s await.

5 More Days!!

Hopefully it will just be a rain event on Sunday. I have to start thinking of what I am going to bring with me.

Bag for goodies

Bottle of water

Handicap parking placard

Cellphone

Money

To be continued....

The weather for Danbury on Sunday is for clouds now. Our area says snow showers and rain.. Come on Sun!

Dont forget to print out the page of the show..you get a $1 off admission.

Thanks for the "leaf badge". What a great idea. Nice job Dawn. As far as the weather goes, you're right Heidi. I checked four sources and they all say cloudy in Danbury for Sunday with temps between 35 and 45 degrees. That's good enough for me. Looking foward to meeting everyone! I printed out extra $1.00 off pages in case anyone needs one. Oh, one more thing, have you decided on a meeting time yet???

Edited by minidesigner

Weather is looking great for Sunday!!!! Yeah!

I was a bit worried that we would have had to cancel.

3 More Days!!!!

I printed the badge, colored it in more (i was bored..LOL), and covered it in packing tape. I need to attach a safety pin so that I can wear it.

Dawn can give you an idea of what time we can meet. She is the chauffer on this trip.

I have to make a list of what I want to get. Going to look at the websites for some of the sellers to see who sells what.

Okay Hubby remined me that I am snarly in the weee morning hours, so he suggested that I pick up Heidi aroung 6am, then that gets us to Danbury around 8am, we should be close to the begining of the line that way. He reminded me that standing in place for long periods hurts my back, so 2hrs is prob long enough before we get to move around. I guess we could safely say 8:30 at the hotel Melissa. You should give Heidi or I your cell phone number incase anything delays us. Or you could be later than 8:30 as the doors don't open until 10 anyway.................So 6am Heidi at your house, then Dunkin Donuts, then the highway........................Check!!!

For some reason, I'm having a problem. Dawn, I just sent you a message giving you my cell phone number. I thought I did everything correctly, but when I checked my profile to see what messages I sent, it said none. Obviously I make a mistake. HELP! Another suggestion would be for you to message me your cell number since you have a lot of experience using this forum and you know "how it works".