Orchid

Oooo I like the basement on the haunted house.

Cutting it down the middle isn't an option because I've spent too much time working on the roof. Spanish barrel tiles - yikes. I don't think those were meant for all of the dormers.

I was also trying to figure if I added onto the bottom if it could be a 1st floor and still look ok with that kind of roof.

I know, I know...should have just bought a bigger house in the first place.

You don't punch out the door and use wood putty or spackle to eliminate the diecut; trace around an Orchid window & trim to make a pattern andcut the Primrose window(s) to match; you can also copy one of the dormers and make another dormer for the Primrose addition, should you need.

I'm not sure what the dimensions of he Orchid are, mine isn't at home, but if there is a big difference, I would line up the backs. The addition being farther back would add interest to the house.

Holly gave great ideas for making it match!

I added the Houseworks conservatory to the side of the Orchid. The styles don't really match, but I was thinking of it as an old house that got a contemporary addition. :lol:

wholehouse_front3.jpg

Can't wait to see what you do with the Primrose, I think it's a great idea.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I realize this is a super old thread, but I am currently building my first dollhouse, the Orchid, and of course, it's entirely too small for what I've envisioned. I have been eyeballing the Primrose on the Greenleaf shop website for weeks now. I assembled my orchid with the bay window on the left side (if you are looking at the back of the house), the room divider is in the middle, the living room is on the left and I've already adhered my stairs to the wall. I want to add the Primrose on the right side.. The dimensions are supposed to be 16" tall.. My question is, has anyone, anywhere tried this already?? I have googled it and read most of the posts on here. I know that the roof of the primrose would be almost the same height as my second story window, how would I go about covering it up, etc? I really like the lady that added the conservatory onto her Orchid it was so pretty, I just need extra room!! With the stairs in what is supposed to be the kitchen I have to choose between having a table or having a sink.. And I can't choose!! :)

Thank you! I do have a valid question this time, I'm trying to post pictures so I can show off all my hard work, I can get the uploader tool to come up, and I have set my size on my digital camera so the pictures aren't huge. When I hit upload it gives me a loading signal, and then it gives me the error saying that I've used all my upload space -- but I've yet to upload a single picture!

Holly, I am most definitely learning that fine art of patience.. I wasn't very much before! :) and as you know, I finally read through some general instructions that told me the rules and I got my album uploaded (I swear I don't do everything backwards)!!

• 2 months later...