newbie here

Tessy

awe thank you bunches ladies .

and lindsay so far I put wooden slats for the front porch and balcony porch . my husband was in awe over what I did . I didnt like the brick at the bottom . so I went to wally world n bought rocks from the fish department and im putting them at the bottom instead.

Trying to make it look like an old farm house. still debating if i want to add the shutters or not. the doors . windows, and porch railing are all black and my house is a kinda blue/grey look to it . now I bet you really cant wait to see the outside . haha.

Diane

Ooohhh sounds interesting! I really do look forward to eye candy!

As far as the shutters....I wasn't really happy with the kit shutters so I replaced them with louvered shutters from houseworks....used the wood scraps to make flower boxes that I really need to get around to finishing...hehe.

I agree the brick is a little...odd looking up close. I've contemplating scraping it off and redoing it with paperclay to make them look a little less...fake. Another thought I had was to leave the brick on the foundation area and replace the area around the porch with something to make it look like lattice work... but I've not gotten that ambitious yet...well that and I've been working an a new project =)