newbie here

Tessy

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone . New to the miniature world and might I add that it is very additive.

Im in the process of building my first doll house . altho I got it off ebay and its a Dura Craft I am having alot of fun with it . Yes my family is about to send me to the mental home . cause that is all i talk about. when I talk about making something . they now say to me ...... your dollhouse? I got my first dollhouse in a garage sale. 4 rooms for 5 bucks . thats what got me started in the miniature world . I always wanted one as a kid . but back then, it cost to much . This new house im making for my granddaughter Zelda . who is 3 years old right now . she got alopecia areata (loss of all hair ) when she was 2 years old . so I wanted to do something special just for her.

if anyone has any good ideas/patterns on making furniture made out of sticks, I would be so greatful..

thanks again . Tessy.

Wecome to our little forum family, Diane. I'd be interested to know which Dura-Craft kit you're building. I have built the San Franciscan (the last all-wood version) and the Cambridge and I have a Newberg in the box waiting its turn. From your comment about the addictive nature of this obse - er - hobby you must already be planning your next house(s) build.

I'm a retired public health nurse and I did elementary school nursing. One of my little girls at one of my large schools shared your granddaughter's condition and she wore the cutest little floppy hats to school to protect her scalp from the sun.

Hello Diane!

DuraCraft kits are great...all kits are great in my opinion. I have the Marquam Hill Mansion (built) and the Bellingham Farmhouse (in box).

Glad you found us to share in this fullfilling hobby.

thanks for all the replys . still trying to find my way around everything here. ..ok the house im building is a manchester country house . from dura craft. not painting it like the color on the box . ew .I am also leaving somethings off as I think it makes it to busy. I like plan jane houses looks prettyer than all the stuff on it. if i can ever get the time to take pictures n figure on how to put them on here or somewhere . ill try to do that soon . im almost done with this house . have the shingles to add. n few things here n there. but almost done . cant waite to get started on the inside .

I do have one question if someone can help me or point me to where I can get info . on .

How to build my own electric lamps. the lady that left me a message made them out of beads., if she sees this can she let me know how she made hers? sorry I forgot her name . but they are really pretty and I would love to try n make my own. thanks bunches....

I do have one question if someone can help me or point me to where I can get info . on .

How to build my own electric lamps. the lady that left me a message made them out of beads., if she sees this can she let me know how she made hers? sorry I forgot her name . but they are really pretty and I would love to try n make my own. thanks bunches....

:) Is this the one? :angry:

Wendy make a harp with wire in an "S" shape, I believe; she can describe it to you. Some people cut a clear plastic circle the diameter of the lower edge of their lampshade with a hole in the center to accommodate the bulb.

Oh I do love this house...I just finished building it myself. I've only seen pictures of one other Manchester completed so if you are able to post pictures I'd love to see what you do with it!

Welcome Diane. I am new too. I am building a coventry cottage. My house is supposed to for my daughter, but I think she will have a lot of input. I am so sorry to hear about your granddaughters condition. I have a friend who is afflicted and it is hard in her 30's. I can imagine it happening to a little one like that. You an Zelda both will be in my thoughts. Good luck to us both on our first houses :bounce8: