Finally started my Laurel & Primrose

Annette

I having been around much lately due to everything around here being so hectic. But I wanted to let everyone know that I did finally get a chance to start my Laurel and Primrose. It's going to be an old farmhouse (at least right know unless it decides otherwise :p ). I haven't got any pics yet but I have done a dry fit and it went together like a dream. Right now I'm painting before gluing it together, to eliminate any unforeseeable problems later, I hope :wave: . It seems like a pretty straight forward build but if anyone has any words of wisdom on building this little beauty please feel free to let me know, I might need them since I maybe a little rusty. :D

This is my first build since my Garfield almost twenty years ago (geesh I can't believe it's been that long :p ). I received the Harrison already built so that was mainly a renovation to me since I didn't build the actual kit. I'm really excited about building again, it's like a wave of energy came back form a long vacation. :wave:

For those of you who are wondering, I still haven't finished the Harrison because it started to feel like a chore instead of being fun. So I just nicely put it on the shelf and told it that a break would due us both (house and myself) some good.

Oh, Annette, you know I had to dismantle and rebuild the Laurel I rehabbed, and replace the porch roof & railings & make new doors, windows & trims, all without benefit of parts, schematics, or instructions! So yours will turn out beautifully. It's perfect for a farmhouse! I would use the Primrose for the parlor & its attic for the attic storage; and leave off the front door on the Laurel and make that the diningroom, and make the second wall for the second floor to have the bedroom & bathroom, and kids'/ hired gal's bedrooms in the Laurel's attic.