*waves * I'm new too!

anastrophe

Hi everyone. I just purchased a 25-year-old (1982?) Arthur kit that someone was selling because they started it way-back-when and never finished it. I've wanted a dollhouse since I was about 4 but never had the chance before...but now I'm going to have one! The people who started the kit kept the instructions and there are no parts missing, though I had to pry off some pieces that were inappropriately glued (since they didn't actually READ the instructions). Oh well.

Right now I have no idea what color or scheme my house will be--I've still got to go to the store and get sandpaper! But hopefully I'll do a good job and it'll come out beautiful.

Hello Anastrophe - welcome! :wave:

I have an Arthur - I think it's a lovely house to start off with. How fortunate that all the parts and the instructions were still with the house - that makes your job so much easier. Sometimes coming up with a "story" for the house makes choosing the colour scheme and decorating themes a breeze. Imagining the family that lives/works in the house, what time period it's to be set in, etc. will cause your choices to fall into place. (That's my theory, anyhow.)

To our "little" forum family, welcome. The Arthur is a sweet little house and a wonderful one to start with. There are a lot of tips & how-tos scattered amongst the posts. In the course of rebuilding don't feel you must use the hot glue, carpenter's wood glue usually works a whole lot better! And masking tape.

Hello and welcome. Someone on here will be glad to help walk you through the building process. Feel free to ask any and all questions that pop up.

Welcome to the forum!

I enjoyed building the Arthur much more than I thought I would.

it is a wonderful house open to many interpetations.

sounds like you have a good plan...please do share your progress! I love it when a house gets a loving remodel!

Happy Rehabbing!

nutti :)