What can I use this for?

Corwin

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clear ones are great for storing beads, the opaque ones will hold small amounts of custom-mixed paint for trims, etc. The lids work for small table tops and the canisters can be covered & sewn together for a modern sofa.

The thumb om the mitten can be cut off to make a took, if its thick enough but not to thick those socks and mittens can be used for upholstery in mini.

Lined paper?

holly! Could you put some items in
I do when I can think of any. What's a "took"?
The thumb om the mitten can be cut off to make a took

Computer keyboard keys can be inverted to make planters & the wee suction cups would work in mini for holding small items

children's socks can be made into sock dolls

I mount the DIY articles from mini magazines on the lined filler paper to store them in ringbinders.

beige masking tape can be used to make "rawhide" chew-bones for mini pups

What about the computer mice innards?

Use the mouse innards in a collage (lol, there's that collage again), or as fautter scattered around a mini workshop scene--ie: gears, chips, etc...

Honestly, I don't know what's in a mouse, but once it's opened up--just like a real one when the cat brings it home, I am sure there's all kinds of surprises inside!

Metal BandAid boxes?

Any uses for The lid of a tacky glue bottle?

The little cap that covers the bottle tip makes a great little bathroom cup.

how about plastic silverware ?

I use these as disposable stir sticks (the handle part) for the small cans of stain & paint .

How about prescription pill bottles - both the lids & bottles themselves?

The LIDS to prescription bottles look like a pretty white fondant cake (perhaps for a wedding if layered with caps of various sizes) Decorate sides with rick-rack, embellish the top with paint and glue tiny beads, bows, flowers, and/or toothpick tip candles to the top and/or sides, and there you have it-- a quick, "no-bake" cake (LOL)! The bottle part is great to store small items into--kind of like the plastic film roll cases. It's just that NOW YOU HAVE NO LID (ha ha ha).

How about old, dried up magic markers?

Metal BandAid boxes?
Thanks to Sue Heaser I use the lower part of an empty mustard tin covered in foil for a Belfast sink mold; the bandaid tin would work as well: gallery_8_149_249838.jpg
how about plastic silverware ?
Depending on how fancy it is you can use the handles for stairway balusters or railing spindles. Smooth the parts with the fork tines, trim one shorter than the other and paint them brass or white and use them for head- & footboards for a mini bed. Gently heat the knifeblades and bend them to make ogive arches for architectural features.
prescription pill bottles
I have used the slightly indented bottle bottom for a mold for glue glass plates, but check that there's neither "flashing" nor embossed letters or numerals there first. Wouldn't the interior "childproof" portion of the lid pop out to be used for a mini cake plate?
How about old, dried up magic markers?
I've used the marker caps for stovepipe bases, you can also invert them and glue ornamental candle cups onto them & spray the whole thing with Fleckstones for a jardiniere and pot a mini ornamental plant in the cup.

How about little felt circles (I guess they're meant to go on furniture feet, they're sticky on one side)?

felt circles could be used as stepping stones, may need to paint a different color. If a smaller size bandaid box, could be covered and made into a clothes hamper.

felt circles could be used as stepping stones, may need to paint a different color. If a smaller size bandaid box, could be covered and made into a clothes hamper.
So can Tic-Tac boxes! I smeared glue all over one and wrapped it in yarn.

What else can you make a Tic-Tac box into in mini?

hmm, am thinking Tic-Tac bozes could be filled with aquarium "gravel" - comes in all different colors (I don't know the technical name for it :unsure: ) Glue the boxes together as some type of decorative room dividers perhaps? I may have to go out and buy some Tic-Tac's now just to play with the idea :)

How about the small plastic containers that tiny toys come in when you buy them in gumball machines?

The tops are nice for domes for collectables, ormolu clocks, humongous snow domes, molds for bowls (outside & inside, thanks, Anna); the bases can also serve (pardon the pun 'cause it was unintentional) as party trays; upholter them for stool tops with bead feet for footstools or golf-tee foot for a kitchen barstool.

What about the Tic-Tac box lids?

You can also use those gum ball containers for kitty litter boxes. I think I have a pic of one I did somewhere. Cut an opening in one side and paint the inside what ever color you want, and put some sand in the bottom.

I'll continue Holly's Tic Tac lids.

• 2 weeks later...

Wood grain shelf liner can be cut into strips and then into card boards strips the clear one can be used for polished floors, clear with designs can make a solid surface paper or shelf liner into tiles. Cold the tic tak tops be made into canisters? That dome can be used to put a very mini village underneath. Sorry for the late reply. Empty wooden thread spools?