What can I use this for?

Corwin

According to what size the cell phone is, could the front plate be positioned/shortened to look like a big screen TV? and if I remember from one that fell apart, their is a rubber bumpy looking thing for the key pad that could possibly be used as a door mat/scrapper.

Right now I honestly cannot remember what the other insides of the phone looked like--it was run over by a forklift LOL

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the numbers are all connected as a mat, it could be different with your cell phone. You can take that off and use it for modern wall art. The thingie in between with all those holes could make a neat window.

Any other uses for those round/triangular pizza thingies besides tables and chair legs?

Cigarette butts? Toilet paper rolls?

Toilet Paper rolls can be useful to make chairs or an old wooden childrens toilet :glare: . Cut them half way to the half and leave half of the roll hight, round the corners, make seats in it. Glue fabric or woodveneer on them and make a little pillow for the seat, or a hole with a white potty in it.

Sorry I don't know what Cigarette butts are :insane: .

Pingpong balls can be very useful as lamps B) , cut them in the half and you can make a hanging lamp or a lamp for the ceiling, cut them again in half and you can use them as a lamp for the wall. Use some small metals to deorate them.

Old wooden paintbrushes?

Keep the wooden handle as a paint stirrer/mixer. Use to make flagpole, gardening tool's handles, etc for your dh. Take the paintbrush bristle end, clean it well, and snip it off short so that it would look good on a makeup table. You can also use the brush end to add bristles to the broom/brush in a fireplace set.

Qtips?

Qtips make so-so paint applicators, but they work well for blending grated chalk pastels. snip them off for bunny-butts in a garden scene.

Toilet paper rolls can be clustered in an empty coffee can to sort craftsticks or offcuts of dowels, moldings, etc.

Cigarett butts are what's left over after someone has smoked a cigarette too short to hold without burning the fingers or smoking the filter (ew); someone here seems to be confusing recyclables with plain ol' GARBAGE! There's a difference, believe it or not. If there's toxins or pathogens (as infectious bodily fluids) on it it's OBVIOUSLY unsuitable for recycling. Please, people, let's get a grip, this topic is turning disgusting (used tampon applicators & cigarette butts!)

Snip the "legs" off the pizza lid-holders and paint them to look like heraldic shields to hang above a mantle, over a pair of crossed cocktail-pick "swords".

(I haven't had coffee yet, I can't remember what other scavenged treasures I haven't been able to find a mini use for yet)

Well you have asked about those plastic pull tabs in the past so I'll answer that one. ( I get mine from silk containers or fake eggs) You can paint the edges and they make very nice bowls for fruit or flowers, or mixing bowls. Lightly sand the bottom so they don't tip over. I also found the bottoms of Twistables ( new pen like crayons, not the ones with erasers) make great tumblers.

I can't think of a new thing, so someone else can pick.

Depending on the size, borfer rocks real gravel or a wall treatment. Hamste litter (UNUSED) Makes great gravel!

I am still waiting on that 2 foot tall 1foot wide round pretzel jar. :welcome:

Build a garage days band scene (ie Metallica-ish) and use the tiny fiber optic lights as the lighting on the amplifiers and other equipment. HA!

angel hair pasta/cappellini (the real fine stuff), alphabet pasta, or actually ANY pasta for that matter.

Make sure you sok the past in varish, well maybe not soak it but give it a good couple coats, any way alphabet pasta can be used for a border in a kids room and brightly painted, macaroni, egg noodles and the like can be varnished and put on a pedestal with a light shining down at an art galery or at a pasta restaurant ,or at a pasta restaurant as "the big one" One a plate. Angel hair can be used for hair? Varnish it and paint it? H A

Big huge beef shank? (like a bone)

use it to aply glele onto a surface to adhere gravel HA!!

Big dragon head that would hang on a plaque on a wall but is to heavy. (miniature)

Place the head onto a small child size (4") doll body (you can make one with pipe cleaners, batting, and cotton bandages) dress, and Voila you have an instant Trick or Treater! (lol) HA!

again, I rule :lol: :welcome: . Oooh, here's one for ya: How 'bout Light Bright pegs?

light brite pegs? hmmmmmmmm....

Dragon head.... lawn ornament peeking out of the grass like it is comming out of the ground.

light brite pegs? Hmmmmmmmm...

pretzel tub... public swimming pool... if you cut it down, painted it in and out... or tiled.

light brite pegs? Hmmmmmmmm...crush them, melt them and make stained glass.

Hmmmm... fish net stockings?

Leaded windows?

Key rings?

Awsome idea!!!!

Keyrings... 50's style barstools, make the seats out of red viynal, use 2 keyrings for the base and make metal legs add another ring for a footrest

Hmmmm....pine needles?

Crush em up for mini potpourri, or as a nice abstract floral argnement.

Great idea for the bar stools by thew way.

Those brown plastic stir sticks?