What can I use this for?

Corwin

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Corwin, I'll drop out of this topic, then. I can usually think of several uses for found things, and there aren't many items I can't think of a mini use for, so I'll go link off into a corner & watch paint dry.

Lol, you have to stay Holly cause your ideas are good too! Hmmmm, maybe wait til someone's posted an answer and new idea, then add your ideas to the already answered one... Watching paint dry is boring, idea generating is better!

Lol, you have to stay Holly cause your ideas are good too! Hmmmm, maybe wait til someone's posted an answer and new idea, then add your ideas to the already answered one... Watching paint dry is boring, idea generating is better!
Well, if you insist... ( :lol: , Corwin!lol)

Paint chips also make great tiles and the textured paint effect chips are good for counter tops. I have wondered how they would work for dinnerware.

Thick knit print fabric can also work as quilt backing.

Depeends on the type of earring back. The plastic slip-on types work for small tumblers (or beverage tumblers in smaller scales); the "butterfly" type make nifty water tap handles and the barrel-type work for faucets.

Coat pegs, (I have wooden ones, unscrewd from an accordian style hanger) They make really nice lamps bases. Then the shades can be printies, with crushed up paint chips, glued on for texture. A top coat of clear nail polish, and it's one cool looking lamp.

TIN FOIL?

Hope I didn't skip someone's question. Glad you are staying in the thread Havana. I love your ideas!!

Ahem, some one need to post the next idea,

Tin foil, can be used as stainless steel, or as a tin counter/table top, like the one in my kitchen. (see gallery)

Thank you Suzanne.

Shattered, thin glass, (clear) and Shattered, thin glass, (blue)

Ahem, some one need to post the next idea,

Tin foil, can be used as stainless steel, or as a tin counter/table top, like the one in my kitchen. (see gallery)

Thank you Suzanne.

Shattered, thin glass, (clear) and Shattered, thin glass, (blue)

Aluminum foil can also be used for roofing and for the flashing along roof seams & around chimneys, ets. Heavy-duty foil can be used for cookie sheets and baking pans.

Shattered glass can be handled with tweezers to make mosaics; since most white tacky glue dries clear try gluing the pieces onto clear acetate for stained glass windows. Look out for extraneous bloodstains, since glass shards so effectively slice through fingers.

Oh, OK, this is a game? If so, this shall definitely be my last round. Does anyone have a use for used staples, like hold magazines together?

Picture Frames.

Clear tacks.

Holly this is more of a

I have 18 000 [insert item] What the $#%%&^*&( am i supposed to do with these. :p

But it's meant for people to have fun. I just thought that every one should at least try to answer a question and come up with there own question. :p

While having fun of course. :p

Besides, you know everything. :idiot:

Besides, you know everything.
No, I don't.

I do think it's a good idea to have a thread where people can post to when they find something "that ought to make a mini something"; it just takes me a whole lot longer to think about what I have that I haven't figured out what I want to use it for, since I don't pick up items in a thrift shop or off the ground that haven't suggested a mini use to me at the time.

Little metal zipper-pull tabs could make lock plates for exterior doors or trivets to hold irons on ironing boards.

If you're referring to the clear tops of those plastic chart tacks/ push pins, cut off the pin part and use them for beverage glasses.

Digital watch parts.

Digital watch parts.

Ok there is a micro chip in side digital watches, (thats what make it work) However, the back plate can be used for a tray, picture frame or a table top.

Latex gloves. The clear kind.

Plastic peanuts can be cut into pieces stuck in a bowl, and sprayed with yellow watered down pain for butter.

[popcorn]

Empty tea light containers the silver ones.

You use it to cover your furniture while you lay your starch-dampened bed linens or table linens over it to dry into drapes & folds. Wrap your dressed doll in it whilst wigging, to keep the glue off.

Tea light cups can be used in landscapes as koi ponds, use spray primer on the inside to paint your pond bottom and stick in your plants with the first layer of "water" and add your swimming koi with subsequent pours.

What, besides shngles, can you use the plastic breadbag closers?

Well since no one is answering....

Stick about thirty on a piece of card, and you have a nice radiator.

(the ones without the beads on the ends)

Or bend into the shape of a coat hanger.

Any use for green marble effect walpaper besides table tops and wall treatments?

Bobpins can be bent into plate display stands, although traditional hairpins work better for this.

By green marble-effect are you talking about a mottled green or the squiggly lines & rich dark greens of malachite? You can go with floor treatments, bath fixtures, kitchen countertops, bedroom furniture tops (my grandmother's bedroom furniture all had marble tops), candy slabe and other kitchen accessories, covering columns for plant & sculpture stands, for starters.

Empty oatmeal boxes, other than tower rooms?

are the oatmeal boxes round? Could cut sections and use the bottom or top one as a round pond or bathtub... Haven't really got a good idea for them so someone else could answer that one. But do have a question idea :blink:

The bits of wood you cut off the end of popsicle sticks when using them for flooring (the rounded end bits) I cut them off with sissors, so they mostly splinter or curve, but doing quite a few floors so have lots of the end bits!

The rounded end of popsicle sticks small scale shingles on a doll house doll house.

If any one else has ideas for theses that would be great! I have a couple hundred, no yolk.

Poker chips can be used for colorful chargers.

Drawing charcoal, just the sticks not the pencil.

The curved ends off of popsicle sticks can be used for 1:24 scale garden steps, too.

Poker chips can be used for parget work (decorative plaster architectural moldings) on the expterior of plaster/ stucco/ brick/ stone buildings.

Drawing charcoal stubs can be broken into small pieces with a hammer and used for coal or charcoal.

old monofilament fishing line?